Super saturday is here

UberGeo

Just getting started today. Trying to get 60 rides. Any help would be appreciated. Was out on Thursday took 4 hours to get 80. Stayed on rested on Friday... Though I know it would have put me closer, but had to take car to shop, check engine light was covered by warranty (saved $300), plus nail in tire, been adding air every 2 days.

Last edited:

anteetr

Just getting started today. Trying to get 60 rides. Any help would be appreciated. Was out on Thursday took 4 hours to get 80. Stayed on rested on Friday... Though I know it would have put me closer, but had to take car to shop, check engine light was covered by warranty (saved $300), plus nail in tire, been adding sure every 2 days.

There are other areas besides CC that count for that lyft quest. Try them. I'm averaging 3 rides an hour including when I was being throttled when I was close to getting the payout.

You want to mix in some hood when you drive lyft. It's best to do so when the sun is out for obvious reasons. You'll get a lot of line which is your friend for this promotion and it's way busier than CC and the other areas people are less afraid to drive. Most of the rides are short too, which is a big plus.

bobby747

See the problem is imho...u give 1000 drives 80 rides for $600 xtra..
You create a Wal-Mart type environment....now we are driving for low rates even with prime time..unless we get long distance ride....80 rides wears out your car.... can't we get CC... to p hl for $30 x10 rides a week for $300

Hans GrUber

Yeah... this is NOT super. Uber sucks and I kinda wish I was dead. Based on a very unscientific estimate, I'm not driving CC for less than 1.7 boost. Sorry, I've been rear ended, hit about 2 million potholes, got stuck in tons of traffic jams, and met too many jerks out in CC for me to deal. I really think working in CC is a losing proposition with damage to the car. Another shit Saturday of lots of pings with no surge. Better get lucky tonight.

bobby747

Wish you were deaf hans....1.7 boost..you may never drive again with that attitude. It is what it is. I agree with low prices and surge control is hurting bad..i wish I am alive...postive attitudes work with me..last week and last few were good...yeaterday. I did have a great day ..$175 by 6pm...started at 3.
Live map EST.. 6.26 PM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170930-182517.png
    Screenshot_20170930-182517.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 54

Hans GrUber

I'll never know or believe the numbers you post. $175 in 3 hours? If you got a verrry long trip with boost and prime time and SUV it's possible, but you seem to catch a damn unicorn every day and I just never will believe any numbers you post.

That being said, yes, it's important to be positive, but I don't know how ya do. I'm sitting at the center of a surge and hit nothing. I get boost with uber of 1.3 on a Saturday when it used to surge constantly above that. By remaining positive uber drivers just keep enabling uber to let the drivers work their way into the poorhouse. But hey, if you are averaging $60/hr, by all means... don't worry, I don't need you to post earnings proof.

Being deaf wouldn't spare me from the migraine I get trying to decipher your posts.

bobby747

We all have a choice to work or to quit..you just seem to depressed hans.. I never used that word unicorn before ???
So I guess a, L.d c.c.. to ewing n.j on 50 % prime wav... for 140.. and a n.e to west p hila 40...about 180. I guess it's a unicorn...my grammar is poor as I do uber... I never do $4 rides...ya right

Hans GrUber

To be fair, 175 on Friday between 3-6 is feasible. I thought you were talking about today.

And you are right, I'm depressed that uber killed a livelihood for people. I drove a guy from Rockville, MD to Lewes, DE the other day. Loooong trip. Private gig. He used to be a taxi driver. When I told him how much his daughter was paying me he couldn't believe it. Felt so bad he tipped me $40. He was a home owner, took days off, raised a family. Is that possible now? Pfft. Yeah, so it is crazy depressing.

Also depressing... as I was typing this I got no less than 20 requests from xfinity live while sitting at Oregon steaks. No surge. I SWEAR I'm going to get out... I just feel so damned trapped right now and bamboozled. It's one thing to expect the oversaturation. It's quite another when uber changes the deal... you can look at that example in my new post.

bobby747

I agree when they screw us like this. Bus know how to adapt and overcome. A good example I go home I'll go to Other area. I'll do lyft

Robert finnly

I'll never know or believe the numbers you post. $175 in 3 hours? If you got a verrry long trip with boost and prime time and SUV it's possible, but you seem to catch a damn unicorn every day and I just never will believe any numbers you post.

That being said, yes, it's important to be positive, but I don't know how ya do. I'm sitting at the center of a surge and hit nothing. I get boost with uber of 1.3 on a Saturday when it used to surge constantly above that. By remaining positive uber drivers just keep enabling uber to let the drivers work their way into the poorhouse. But hey, if you are averaging $60/hr, by all means... don't worry, I don't need you to post earnings proof.

Being deaf wouldn't spare me from the migraine I get trying to decipher your posts.
I work constant 10 hour shifts and only come home with $120 profit and someone i know just started doing it and made $140 in 9 hours. The stories i read on here of how guys are making 100 in 3 hours blows my mind every time

stormspotterlive

I was in CC all day no clue why it was not surging way more uber must of had surge setting to a high ratio or something non stopped stacked pings for uber X all day I had to hit stop new request for a 30th street station bathroom run. Came back out from bathroom swiped back online it said 1-10 all bars when and got a request instantly. Makes no sense how the que can be 1 rider which is a fake way of saying its at 0 and yet not surge. dumb.

Hans GrUber

its simple. Uber has changed the rules. I'm convinced that whatever equation they use to calculate surge has DEFINITELY changed from what it used to be, and furthermore is changed to different thresholds week to week. Uber DOES NOT WANT surge. I thought they did originally as we all make more money, but they've determined surge just loses them customers. They need surge to keep drivers. So I think they make make areas harder to surge, or just turn it off completely, some weeks/days, then others make it easier to surge to keep the driver sucked in and keep driving. I'll always take it back to Dewey. There were nights this summer at bar close where no cars were available and I'd be receiving rapid fire pings nonstop for 30 minutes, turning down every one bc there was no surge. Other nights there would be decent surge with plenty of cars available. Surge is, to some extent, a lie.

Ardery

worked my first Saturday in weeks.

10am to 2pm
9 rides
$107

went home after 4 hours to get my quality time w wifey.