Super Bowl Sunday Strike?

andaas

I've got other stuff going on, and typically don't drive Sunday either.

andaas

Wasn't the intention of the "Super Bowl Strike" primarily for the SF/Bay Area? Since that's where the game is being played and all (and Uber has some sort of exclusivity).

txtim1982

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wasn't the intention of the "Super Bowl Strike" primarily for the SF/Bay Area? Since that's where the game is being played and all (and Uber has some sort of exclusivity).
That is where the idea started, but it seems to be making it's way to many different cities. I just hadn't heard anything about it in DFW.
For the Bay Area though, it appears as though it is really grabbing hold. Uber is apparently offering stupid high guarantees for out of town drivers to come down. A couple of friends of mine drive in Sea-Tac, and they got emails trying to entice them to go down for the week.

SomeChick82

That is where the idea started, but it seems to be making it's way to many different cities. I just hadn't heard anything about it in DFW.
For the Bay Area though, it appears as though it is really grabbing hold. Uber is apparently offering stupid high guarantees for out of town drivers to come down. A couple of friends of mine drive in Sea-Tac, and they got emails trying to entice them to go down for the week.
The radio station I listen to is out there right now and were talking Uber last hour. They mentioned that their last Uber drivers were both from out of town and spending the week in the Bay Area just to drive.

txtim1982

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The radio station I listen to is out there right now and were talking Uber last hour. They mentioned that their last Uber drivers were both from out of town and spending the week in the Bay Area just to drive.
You must listen to the Ticket