• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Summer Sores

Karen Stein

You know what I mean. Heat rash. Prickly heat. Crotch rot. Fungus amungus. That uncomfortable thing that happens when you spend room much time sitting in the summer hheat and humidity.

How do you prevent and treat it? I have my own ideas, but I thought to give you the first shot.

PrestonT

You know what I mean. Heat rash. Prickly heat. Crotch rot. Fungus amungus. That uncomfortable thing that happens when you spend room much time sitting in the summer hheat and humidity.

How do you prevent and treat it? I have my own ideas, but I thought to give you the first shot.
My solution is to be male. That seems to solve a lot of issues in that arena.

Try going commando in a skirt. Get some fresh air and all.

Mars Troll Number 4

Crotch rot?
Working 9:00 PM to sunrise helps a LOT!

Karen Stein

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've found the "solution" to require several steps. There is a role for both prevention and cure.

Step #1 in prevention is to start the day clean and DRY. That means taking care before you dress to dry the area with a cloth, let it air-dry a few minutes, even wipe the area with rubbing alcohol to get that last bit of moisture out.

Then I treat the area with antiperspirant. Evenn the backs of my thighs, where they touch the carseat, gets antiperspirant.

(I'll continue in later posts).

Trafficat

I've also personally also never use any antiperspirants, deoderants, or colognes. I find that diet is far more important to avoiding being smelly. Eating too much garlic and onion can make one smell a lot worse.

Sitting down all day probably also isn't good for things like crotch rot. Get out and stretch often.

Karen Stein

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The point of this post is to provide YOU a chance to share your wisdom on this timely topic with your fellow drivers.

I tried both aloe and talc, with little success. Aloe seems to make things worse.

Keeping dry does help. I guess that's why those beaded seat covers are so popular with cabbies - they allow air to circulate under you. That's my "part #2" --allow for circulation.

For me, the best "seat pad" has proven to be a simple bath towel, folded up.

Uberdriver2710

The point of this post is to provide YOU a chance to share your wisdom on this timely topic with your fellow drivers.

I tried both aloe and talc, with little success. Aloe seems to make things worse.

Keeping dry does help. I guess that's why those beaded seat covers are so popular with cabbies - they allow air to circulate under you. That's my "part #2" --allow for circulation.

+1 on the towel

Buy two to swap out, if it starts smelling like butt. (That darned del taco)

PrestonT

Try dusting yourself with all purpose flower. Serves two purposes: A) soaks up moisture B) helps your SO find the wet spot.

Transportador

Karen, you are killing me now. We need to see a picture or it didn't happen...hahahahahahahaah