• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Summer slowdown

Jdemonto

Any ready to make less?

Drive smarter!

Ways to cash in
Work talking stick/Maya pool parties on Sat/Sun 6-7pm

Diamond back games

Concerts

Also week nights seem to be fairly decent from 6pm-3am

(12-3am) no competition

Now let's here the crying on how terrible driving is! Wha wha

SEAL Team 5

Now let's here the crying on how terrible driving is! Wha wha
I can't satisfy you with the crying just yet. We've had many D-Backs and airport trips this week and are also pretty booked for the Dead and Company concert on Sunday. So far so good, but we know what happens in summer. Temperatures rise and revenue falls. The D-Backs just started an 11 game road trip then come home for only a short time. We look good in July and Aug for games so long as they continue playing like they have been. Friggin D-Backs get that offense going and they're unstoppable. Can't wait for Pollock to get off the DL. I think he'll return when they come back home.
As with every summer, you just have to find a niche. On the bright side we already have 6 bookings for the Cardinals first home game this year. Monday Night Football against the hated Cowboys on 9/24. You know the tailgating will be off the charts.
It will be taking little trips for me and the Mrs. to go see the kids this summer. They're scattered out around the country. Chicago, Tampa and Slidell LA. Go to San Diego for that constant beautiful weather. Hit Flagstaff for the very quick getaway and sit my fat ass in the pool for the summer. And as always click on UP.net for the greatest humor known to man. This is my 36th summer in Phoenix. Damn city seems like it gets hotter every year. The 3 months of summer are for paying bills unlike the other 9 are for saving. Good luck out there and be safe.

srugolfpro

How dead is it? It's funny I read here how slow it is but Lyft acts like it's so busy. I quit driving and they started sending me a promo of $360 a week guarantee for giving 30 rides. I still didn't drive and 2 weeks later got a new guarantee of $180 a week for 15 rides. I'm like this is your incentive to get me to drive even though I know it's dead out there? I would consider doing it but they snuck in that now tips are included in the guarantee. That's bs.

Teksaz

Yesterday was ugly for a Saturday, or at least for me.

There were soooo many drivers out, I only averaged about one ride an hour and most of those were minimum to about the $5.00 range. Had one $17.00 ride and the rest were shit. Went home after about four hours of that crap.

ACHUMA

No way in hell i am picking these cheap f**ks up from a pool party. Just had my seats soaked wet AGAIN tonite after picking up a couple from an apt complex that lost me about 40min of work. Uber refuses to charge them and compensate me for lost wages even though the girl left a huge dirty stain on my backseat after i dried it with a blow dryer at home.

Have had this BS happen too many times and of course these spoiled dooshbag pax dont care. From now on anyone, and i mean anyone, walking up to my car in any type of swimwear and/or carrying a cooler is getting canceled on & left.

CarterPeerless

I didn't last long last night. First pax was a long wait/drive through/min fare no tip that took a bunch of water on the way out so that set the tone. A 1 star pax to start. Next took me up to old town. Next was a $30,000 millionaire brotato chip, going 1 mile back down to saddlebag.

I left the XL only profile on and headed back to my house. Nothing for 15 miles so that was the end.

NothingLeftToLose

No way in hell i am picking these cheap f**ks up from a pool party. Just had my seats soaked wet AGAIN tonite after picking up a couple from an apt complex that lost me about 40min of work. Uber refuses to charge them and compensate me for lost wages even though the girl left a huge dirty stain on my backseat after i dried it with a blow dryer at home.

Have had this BS happen too many times and of course these spoiled dooshbag pax dont care. From now on anyone, and i mean anyone, walking up to my car in any type of swimwear and/or carrying a cooler is getting canceled on & left.
I feel ya. I've had the same experience too many times and I'm done with it. I had a group of 4 women get in my car with what appeared to be dry clothing. I took a stacked ping. When they got out I looked back and the seats were soaked. They had swimwear on underneath the dry clothes. I had to cancel my next pickup, go home and blow dry the seat. I'm done with it. Gonna be a long summer.

Money Up Front

I didn't last long last night. First pax was a long wait/drive through/min fare no tip that took a bunch of water on the way out so that set the tone. A 1 star pax to start. Next took me up to old town. Next was a $30,000 millionaire brotato chip, going 1 mile back down to saddlebag.

I left the XL only profile on and headed back to my house. Nothing for 15 miles so that was the end.
I know how you feel about the water hoarders. I quit supplying water about a year ago. Too much hassle with trying to keep it cold, taking one sip and putting it back , leaving empty bottle for trash and best of all spilling the water on the seat so I can't take another request until it dries.

NothingLeftToLose

Yesterday was ugly for a Saturday, or at least for me.

There were soooo many drivers out, I only averaged about one ride an hour and most of those were minimum to about the $5.00 range. Had one $17.00 ride and the rest were shit. Went home after about four hours of that crap.
It was slow during the day, alright, but day driving is a different gig. I actually make better money on weekdays than I do on weekend days. Sunday is a wild card, usually. Long weekends are weird, too. I vaguely remember this same shit happening last year.

Jdemonto

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hit a Lyft plus at the pool party 100% PT to Tempe $36 after Lyfts 20% cut. I did pretty well after dinner got a north phx run to OTD and we partied it up with the disco lights and EDM dub, then I picked them back up to finish the night at bar close. I pulled $287 and was home at 3:00am. Overall decent night if I can pull close to $300

Looking into lasers and a fog machine

Teksaz

Yeah unfortunately I can't drive at night because I don't see real well so that obviously puts me at a disadvantage. It is what it is.

Jd gave out some advice that anybody that's been driving for a while should know. Nothing ground breaking.

Just prepare yourself for a huge slowdown unless you're one of those drivers that consistently make a $1,000 - $1,500 a week, driving only 20 hrs a week while driving one of those cars that run on air and water, with the 200,000 mile tires that never needs replacing and gets $20.00 tips on every ride. LOL

ACHUMA

Just prepare yourself for a huge slowdown unless you're one of those drivers that consistently make a $1,000 - $1,500 a week, driving only 20 hrs a week while driving one of those cars that run on air and water, with the 200,000 mile tires that never needs replacing and gets $20.00 tips on every ride. LOL
HAHAHA yes of course, perfect description. We have several of those magical drivers on this forum. These are the drivers who have a special 6th sense for always being in the right place at the right time and only get 15+ mile trips & constant stacked pings for 20 mile rides. These special drivers never get minimum fare rides or drive-thru/corner store runs.

And of course they dont need to post screenshots for proof, we must just believe them. They will always have the same thing to say..."you just need to know where to drive!" :rolleyes:

In my situation, I only drive weekday daytime hours, and have no plans to do the bar crowd/events scene. I'm doing approx 30 hrs/week online, and I'm actually doing almost the exact number of rides that I was doing a month ago. I make more than enough to buy family groceries or pay the monthly mortgage. I do a few shorter trips, but get plenty of trips to Sky Harbor, downtown PHX, Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, even Anthem. I stick around Chandler/Mesa/Gilbert for the most part, kind of my home area so to speak, so I try to work my way back from the longer rides. Hopefully a new job lead will pan out and I can get back to a normal working life... :smiles: But so far, my summer hasn't slowed down.

NothingLeftToLose

In my situation, I only drive weekday daytime hours, and have no plans to do the bar crowd/events scene. I'm doing approx 30 hrs/week online, and I'm actually doing almost the exact number of rides that I was doing a month ago. I make more than enough to buy family groceries or pay the monthly mortgage. I do a few shorter trips, but get plenty of trips to Sky Harbor, downtown PHX, Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, even Anthem. I stick around Chandler/Mesa/Gilbert for the most part, kind of my home area so to speak, so I try to work my way back from the longer rides. Hopefully a new job lead will pan out and I can get back to a normal working life... :smiles: But so far, my summer hasn't slowed down.
Nah, it's been normal still so far. We're not there yet. I would prefer it never slow down but I'm going on precedence.

Jonathan Carter

I didn't even drive all that much this week, made about 220 for the week between uber and lyft, this weekend was kind of crappy mainly since I avoided comicon like the plague, the traffic alone would make me rage. I like to go fast and I hate stop and go traffic, thus why I like driving cave creek or avondale/tolleson although I'm hoping to make something with this concert tonight since I live only 5 mins from it.