• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Suggestions for new Black Driver

LegalMike

anyone have any suggestions on where to pick up Uber black rides? 2nd night (with Uber x on too), no trips... :-(

jaxbeachrides

The best advice would have been don't do it. There's way too many black drivers with no calls to support them. Even the good night's like new years are now gone.

Almost every single top notch black driver I used to know is now bankrupt, with the exception of a couple that have access to other sources of income or money in general.

RoWode12

Airport. Check incoming flight schedules. Fancy hotels early morning. look out for conventions at hotels—especially start date, lunch hours, end date. (Unfortunately convention season is pretty much dead right now.) Ponte Vedra.

Black calls are rare even when you know where to go.

You’re not going to make it on Black alone. I know plenty of “former Uber Black drivers.” I don’t know any successful ones currently.

LegalMike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
RoWade:

Thanks for being the person to have some class. Your suggestions are appreciated. I more or less assumed there weren’t many calls… and was looking for affirmation that I’m not alone with not getting trips. Still, I appreciate the feedback.

I’m an attorney for my real job… and started doing the Uber/Lyft gig a few months ago as a means to get out of the house and make a few extra bucks, so it’s not like the news is crushing… However it is disappointing… :frown:

Thanks again.

-Mike

chris.nella2

RoWade:

Thanks for being the person to have some class. Your suggestions are appreciated. I more or less assumed there weren’t many calls… and was looking for affirmation that I’m not alone with not getting trips. Still, I appreciate the feedback.

I’m an attorney for my real job… and started doing the Uber/Lyft gig a few months ago as a means to get out of the house and make a few extra bucks, so it’s not like the news is crushing… However it is disappointing… :frown:

Thanks again.

-Mike
What is your field of practice if you don't mind me asking...looking for an entertainment lawyer.