Such a sucker.

Anonymhysa

I was $10 short of my quota tonight and thinking about just calling it a night. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR INSTINCTS.

I got a delivery ping with a $12 guarantee. I checked the waybill and it wasn't too old and not far from me. I picked it up and dropped off with no issues. Completed the order and waited for my final tally. No $12.

I called customer support and she gave me the brush off. Asked me if I had a screenshot of the ping. I didn't. Told me to send an email to CS.

Of course now I've accepted that
guarantee isn't coming. But at least I learned to screenshot them. ?

Nats121

I was $10 short of my quota tonight and thinking about just calling it a night. ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR INSTINCTS.

I got a delivery ping with a $12 guarantee. I checked the waybill and it wasn't too old and not far from me. I picked it up and dropped off with no issues. Completed the order and waited for my final tally. No $12.

I called customer support and she gave me the brush off. Asked me if I had a screenshot of the ping. I didn't. Told me to send an email to CS.

The waybill doesn't show destinations.

Rickos69

Question. When do you screenshot it, and what screen has the guaranteed amount on it?
Are you referring to the actual ping? Because if you are, who has time to look at it, let alone screenshot it?

Anonymhysa

The waybill doesn't show destinations.
No, but it does show the time the initial order was put in. I wanted to make sure it hadn't been sitting around for an hour before I accepted, risking a flood of complaints from a customer who has no.idea how UE works. I've been burned that way before.

CZ75

Are you referring to the actual ping? Because if you are, who has time to look at it, let alone screenshot it?
Hard to do, especially while driving. Perhaps that's the point. If Uber's really doing this to people then this is a new low.

Jbstevens88

For the ones I have accepted (then declined) this is what I notice. Using your example of $12. They are usually 5-7+ miles away for pickup and then another 5-7 miles delivery. Almost as if Uber is paying for round trip mileage and time. Not worth it

I decline all of the guaranteed, like i said, usually a long pick up. Chance the order has already been picked up by someone else and the pings keep going out or Uber screws you over with the guaranteed amount you accepted.

Nats121

Not only don't I trust uber to pay the "minimum" payout, those orders are usually LATE, which means the driver may be stepping into a mess.

The sucker driver who accepted the order is the one will be blamed, given a bad rating and possibly reported by the angry customer, and uber will gladly throw the poor driver under the bus.

Suffice to say I avoid those orders.

yorker

I only accepted one because of the advice I got here. It was like $ 5.50 gurantee from a sonic couple miles away when it was busy all over. It was going to be a 4.50 fare anyway. Lost a lot of driving time.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

I can proudly say I don't fear deactivation, so if the restaurant is close and the guarantee is good enough, I'll take it regardless of how long it's been sitting there. Just call ahead so you don't get screwed. Orlando Eats has nothing to offer these days anyway.
Screenshot_20190508-183411.jpg

This customer had been waiting almost an hour for a restaurant that was 2 miles away. I pickup and immediately get a text telling me to ask them to remake the food. I explain the Uber Eats structure and tell her to call Uber as I will do, given her request. They tell me to deliver the food, so I do and receive a blatant lie thumbs down. I couldn't care less. Her beef is with Uber, not me.

OLDSCHOOLPARAD

I actually got a bad rating from McDonald’s that way. Mgr said the order had been in queue for 40 minutes. Crazy, how he gave me a thumbs down even though I explained to him how it worked. It was raining and if it’s raining and busy, ain’t nobody got time for McDonald’s.

But yeah, I’ve had those where Uber doesn’t pay you the guaranteed amount. Doesn’t happen often so that’s probably why they do it. They figure they can get away with a few here and there.