• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Success at opting out of Pool...

Bart McCoy

eh didn't the guy in the chat from around here say he got confirmation of no more pool?
has he seen pool since?

Leprechaun

They haven't been sending me pool since I got on boost.. I meant they were sending me pool at first when I was switched from hourly to boost but when I keep rejecting them.. They for some reasons been sending me uberx only.... I didn't even get penalize when I reject all that pool..(such as 2 minutes time out)But it's been slow and I haven't got as many requests as before... either that or they did that on purpose to me for me to realize that taking pool makes money rather than sitting on the street doing nothing.. Lol

kbrown

They haven't been sending me pool since I got on boost.. I meant they were sending me pool at first when I was switched from hourly to boost but when I keep rejecting them.. They for some reasons been sending me uberx only.... I didn't even get penalize when I reject all that pool..(such as 2 minutes time out)But it's been slow and I haven't got as many requests as before... either that or they did that on purpose to me for me to realize that taking pool makes money rather than sitting on the street doing nothing.. Lol
Dood, right? When we first got switched over from hourly to boost, my phone rang nonstop. Now it takes forever to get a request!

Another Uber Driver

Doesn't work. See email reply as attachment.
On several other Boards, other posters received the same reply. To read what they posted, they kept sending e-Mails stating that they did not want any more U-Pools. Finally, to read what they posted, the U-Pools stopped. This was some time back, so I do not remember even where to look, anymore.

Neubridge1

I totally forgot to mention this....had a passenger late last night 12am, at the metro.It was his first time,so I saw the 5.0 pool ping come through,I declined them. ...then all of sudden 5.0 uberx,same guy. So he gets in and say I saw you were the only car, but I'm glad you picked up,do you think we will get anyone else on the way. ....so I say no,you did uberx......he says no, I did pool.......I'm like wtf......My concern is uber is masking pool with uberx,in order for us to pick them up. Anyway, he did pool,I got paid for x.

uberdriver

I totally forgot to mention this....had a passenger late last night 12am, at the metro.It was his first time,so I saw the 5.0 pool ping come through,I declined them. ...then all of sudden 5.0 uberx,same guy. So he gets in and say I saw you were the only car, but I'm glad you picked up,do you think we will get anyone else on the way. ....so I say no,you did uberx......he says no, I did pool.......I'm like wtf......My concern is uber is masking pool with uberx,in order for us to pick them up. Anyway, he did pool,I got paid for x.
Did you see his phone screen or receipt stating it was Pool ? Some passengers, and especially new ones like this one that you got, are clueless about what they input when they make a request, whether it is place of pickup, type of service, surge level, whatever.

Neubridge1

Did you see his phone screen or receipt stating it was Pool ? Some passengers, and especially new ones like this one that you got, are clueless about what they input when they make a request, whether it is place of pickup, type of service, surge level, whatever.
Saw with my own eyes....however I'm not surprised with the tactics of this company....so nothing and I mean nothing surprises me when it comes to them. If anything we know, they will do whatever to shove pool down pax and driver's throat.This may explain why drivers are seeing less pool.

New2This

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Saw with my own eyes....however I'm not surprised with the tactics of this company....so nothing and I mean nothing surprises me when it comes to them. If anything we know, they will do whatever to shove pool down pax and driver's throat.This may explain why drivers are seeing less pool.

If it shows up to you as UberX it shouldn't be able to pick other rider up. Given that it's Uber all bets are off

New2This

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber need to be challenged in court for the time outs. We are 1099 contractors not PIDGEONS.
I sent Ringphungam, Rohit, Abrar, Vungkhawlching, Khan and the rest of the Bangalore Mafia a note about that this morning.

Still haven't heard anything. I assume 'employer' triggered some keyword alarm that meant Apu wasn't going to do the usual cut and paste response.

Beantownboy01

I attempted something similar in respose to the "10 minute timeout notice". Didn't work for me. I did try it previous with opting out of Pool, but never got a conversation going like I did here.

I do 100% believe if someone challenges the timeouts from Pools as a disciplinary action, drivers will win.

Here are the replies:

-------- Original message --------
Date: 08/14/2016 11:40 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: XXX
Subject: [Alert] You may not be able to sign online

[UBER]
Hi XXX,

We noticed that you've been online, but haven't been accepting trips during the past week. We're matching you with the closest riders so you can have less downtime and earn more.

We want to be able to match riders with the closest drivers, so if you don't want to accept trips, just press "go offline."

If you do not accept 3 trip requests in a row, we'll assume you don't want to be online, and you will be logged off the system for 10 minutes. You'll be able to sign in again after 10 minutes.

Learn more<https://help.uber.com/h/b6da86a4-2938-497c-a4fd-fd6f386aeefa> about how we calculate acceptance rates.

Best,
Uber

Uber Technologies Inc.
1455 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103

----------------------------------------------

Aug 14, 09:29 PDT

This would appear to be a disciplinary action, one that you would exist in an employer/employee relationship. Its one thing to knock somebody offline to see if they're still active. Its a completely different scenario to punish that "employee" by not allowing them to log back on for 2 or 10 minutes to do the job they are contracted for.

The next time I am blocked for even 2 minutes from logging back in, I will be contacting an employment lawyer to address several grievances with our employer/employee relationship.

I await your swift response.

Truly, your grateful employee,

XXX

--------------------------------------------

Kimberly Jane Ventenilla (Uber)

Aug 16, 22:24 PDT

Hi XXX,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. It's my pleasure to explain this to you.

XXX, being online with the Uber application means we will usually send you the closest trip request. Multiple rejections/cancellations in a short period of time have a significant impact on the quality of the rider experience and the overall efficiency of the network.

The purpose of this is not to cause distress but to serve as a reminder because we want to make sure you stay qualified for guarantees or incentives, and ultimately, make the most out of driving with Uber. So, when you reject or cancel multiple trips in a row, the system automatically logs you out of the platform so you’re acceptance rate doesn’t get affected.

Once the short log-off period has passed, you will be able to go back online to start accepting trips again. These policies ensure that when your account is logged online, you are ready to receive ride requests.

We appreciate your understanding here. If you need additional help you may find this link helpful.

All the best,

Kimberly Jane Ventenilla
help.uber.com

--------------------------------------------------------

Aug 17, 06:20 PDT

Again, please reference my original reply. Your actions are punishment. It has already been stated in a court case that as independent contractors, Uber can not take negative actions or hold us upon an acceptance rate.

Your actions serve no purpose other than punishment. A simple log off of the system would ensure the same purpose as your punishment.

So, please reference my original response:

This would appear to be a disciplinary action, one that you would exist in an employer/employee relationship. Its one thing to knock somebody offline to see if they're still active. Its a completely different scenario to punish that "employee" by not allowing them to log back on for 2 or 10 minutes to do the job they are contracted for.

The next time I am blocked for even 2 minutes from logging back in, I will be contacting an employment lawyer to address several grievances with our employer/employee relationship.

If I am punished again, I will seek alternative actions to prove this is an employer/employee relationship rather than the supposed independent contractor status you claim.

-------------------------------------------

Aug 17, 15:21 PDT

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your prompt response.

XXX, we understand the impact a suspended account can have on drivers, even if it’s only temporary. While deactivation practices have sometimes varied across cities, we’re now standardizing how they occur and making sure we have fair and transparent standards for participation in the Uber platform.

Additionally, under the new policy drivers will no longer be deactivated due to low acceptance rates, however, if you are consistently not accepting trip requests, we will notify you that your ability to remain online may be at risk. If your acceptance rate does not improve, you may temporarily be logged out of the app for a limited period of time.

To ensure there is a clear understanding around what can lead to temporary or permanent deactivation from the Uber platform, we have created two pages which clearly outline our policies.

Please note that the details contained on the Deactivation Policy post are applicable to all U.S.-based driver partners (not including uberRUSH or uberEATS).

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about these policies!

All the best,

Kimberly Jane Ventenilla
help.uber.

-----------------------------------------------

Aug 18, 05:59 PDT

So essentially, you are going to continue to punish drivers for declining to accept several pings in a row until someone challenges you in court again. I was knocked off line twice (almost 3 times) in less than 4 minutes yesterday during rush hour and not happy about it. I guess I should visit an attorney for advice as I'm sure someone will be happy to look into this employer/employee relationship pro bono for me (due to the visibility of Uber) to see if what you're doing is legal under the terms of previous lawsuits and the definition of employer/employee relationships in the DC area.

---------------------------------------

Aug 18, 15:08 PDT

Hi XXX,

Thank you for getting back to me on this and for taking the time to share your perspective.

XXX, we do understand your situation and again, I'm very sorry how the situation is affecting you. We truly want to give you the best support but we are relying on Uber's policy for this one.

The best thing I can do for you right now is to raise this feedback to our higher management to let them know how our partners are doing.

We truly appreciate your feedback and it helps Uber to become better. I will pass your word with our team for consideration.

We appreciate your understanding and continued professionalism. If you need additional help you may find this link helpful.

Warm regards,

Kimberly Jane Ventenilla

kbrown

I attempted something similar in respose to the "10 minute timeout notice". Didn't work for me. I did try it previous with opting out of Pool, but never got a conversation going like I did here.

I do 100% believe if someone challenges the timeouts from Pools as a disciplinary action, drivers will win.

Here are the replies:

-------- Original message --------
Date: 08/14/2016 11:40 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: XXX
Subject: [Alert] You may not be able to sign online

[UBER]
Hi XXX,

We noticed that you've been online, but haven't been accepting trips during the past week. We're matching you with the closest riders so you can have less downtime and earn more.

We want to be able to match riders with the closest drivers, so if you don't want to accept trips, just press "go offline."

If you do not accept 3 trip requests in a row, we'll assume you don't want to be online, and you will be logged off the system for 10 minutes. You'll be able to sign in again after 10 minutes.

Learn more<https://help.uber.com/h/b6da86a4-2938-497c-a4fd-fd6f386aeefa> about how we calculate acceptance rates.

Best,
Uber

Uber Technologies Inc.
1455 Market Street San Francisco, CA 94103

----------------------------------------------

Aug 14, 09:29 PDT

I await your swift response.

Truly, your grateful employee,

XXX

--------------------------------------------

Aug 16, 22:24 PDT

Hi XXX,

Thank you for reaching out and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. It's my pleasure to explain this to you.

XXX, being online with the Uber application means we will usually send you the closest trip request. Multiple rejections/cancellations in a short period of time have a significant impact on the quality of the rider experience and the overall efficiency of the network.

The purpose of this is not to cause distress but to serve as a reminder because we want to make sure you stay qualified for guarantees or incentives, and ultimately, make the most out of driving with Uber. So, when you reject or cancel multiple trips in a row, the system automatically logs you out of the platform so you’re acceptance rate doesn’t get affected.

Once the short log-off period has passed, you will be able to go back online to start accepting trips again. These policies ensure that when your account is logged online, you are ready to receive ride requests.

We appreciate your understanding here. If you need additional help you may find this link helpful.

All the best,

Kimberly Jane Ventenilla
help.uber.com

--------------------------------------------------------

Aug 17, 06:20 PDT

Again, please reference my original reply. Your actions are punishment. It has already been stated in a court case that as independent contractors, Uber can not take negative actions or hold us upon an acceptance rate.

Your actions serve no purpose other than punishment. A simple log off of the system would ensure the same purpose as your punishment.

So, please reference my original response:

If I am punished again, I will seek alternative actions to prove this is an employer/employee relationship rather than the supposed independent contractor status you claim.

-------------------------------------------

Aug 17, 15:21 PDT

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your prompt response.

XXX, we understand the impact a suspended account can have on drivers, even if it’s only temporary. While deactivation practices have sometimes varied across cities, we’re now standardizing how they occur and making sure we have fair and transparent standards for participation in the Uber platform.

Additionally, under the new policy drivers will no longer be deactivated due to low acceptance rates, however, if you are consistently not accepting trip requests, we will notify you that your ability to remain online may be at risk. If your acceptance rate does not improve, you may temporarily be logged out of the app for a limited period of time.

To ensure there is a clear understanding around what can lead to temporary or permanent deactivation from the Uber platform, we have created two pages which clearly outline our policies.

Please note that the details contained on the Deactivation Policy post are applicable to all U.S.-based driver partners (not including uberRUSH or uberEATS).

Please let us know if you have any additional questions about these policies!

All the best,

Kimberly Jane Ventenilla
help.uber.

-----------------------------------------------

Aug 18, 05:59 PDT

So essentially, you are going to continue to punish drivers for declining to accept several pings in a row until someone challenges you in court again. I was knocked off line twice (almost 3 times) in less than 4 minutes yesterday during rush hour and not happy about it. I guess I should visit an attorney for advice as I'm sure someone will be happy to look into this employer/employee relationship pro bono for me (due to the visibility of Uber) to see if what you're doing is legal under the terms of previous lawsuits and the definition of employer/employee relationships in the DC area.

---------------------------------------

Aug 18, 15:08 PDT

Hi XXX,

Thank you for getting back to me on this and for taking the time to share your perspective.

XXX, we do understand your situation and again, I'm very sorry how the situation is affecting you. We truly want to give you the best support but we are relying on Uber's policy for this one.

The best thing I can do for you right now is to raise this feedback to our higher management to let them know how our partners are doing.

We truly appreciate your feedback and it helps Uber to become better. I will pass your word with our team for consideration.

We appreciate your understanding and continued professionalism. If you need additional help you may find this link helpful.

Warm regards,

Kimberly Jane Ventenilla
Hilarious! It's literally like talking to a brick wall!

John Highway

To Whom It May Concern:

I am wanting to opt out of Uber Pool requests. I understand that you will do everything to persuade me that it can't be done. However, I have heard from a number of Uber veterans that they have indeed successfully opted out. If you send me some canned response about how it can't be done, I will continue to send these requests until it's completed.

Honestly, I find that Uber Pool is unsafe and nothing good comes from it. Dealing with multiple personalities and people who work the system is something I no longer wish to take part of. Rather than sending me requests in which I will simply ignore, you should opt me out so that the requests will go to someone who actually wants to accept them. That will lead to passenger satisfaction rather than sending the request to me who will simply ignore it, wasting time for the passenger.

So please save us all some time and opt me out. If you're unable to, please escalate this to upper level and take care of it.

Sincerely

Your "partner"

Rahul Nagpal (Uber)

Sep 8, 14:06 PDT

Hi John,

I understand your concern and I know how important this is to you. I'm Rahul from Uber Support and I will definitely like to help you with this.

There is not currently an option for partners to opt out of specific vehicle options like uberPOOL or uberX, but we're happy to help with any issues on specific trips that you may have had.

If you have questions about the uberPOOL experience, you may want to take a look at this page, which will give you uberPOOL tips and suggestions from top partners around the world.

Accepting and completing all trip requests - both uberX and uberPOOL - is critical to ensuring a positive experience for riders who are relying on Uber to get to their destinations. uberPOOL is one of our fastest growing and most popular products among riders, so accepting your uberX and uberPOOL trips should keep you busier every time you drive.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we're happy to address any specific questions or issues you have.

Regards,

Rahul Nagpal
To Whom It May Concern:

I am wanting to opt out of Uber Pool requests. I understand that you will do everything to persuade me that it can't be done. However, I have heard from a number of Uber veterans that they have indeed successfully opted out. If you send me some canned response about how it can't be done, I will continue to send these requests until it's completed.

Honestly, I find that Uber Pool is unsafe and nothing good comes from it. Dealing with multiple personalities and people who work the system is something I no longer wish to take part of. Rather than sending me requests in which I will simply ignore, you should opt me out so that the requests will go to someone who actually wants to accept them. That will lead to passenger satisfaction rather than sending the request to me who will simply ignore it, wasting time for the passenger.

So please save us all some time and opt me out. If you're unable to, please escalate this to upper level and take care of it.

Sincerely

Your "partner"

Lisa (Uber)

Sep 8, 19:27 PDT

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out about this feature.

Happy to explain we hope that it makes it easier for you to accept UberPOOL trips and creates a seamless experience. At this time, there is no way to disable the ability to auto-accept a ride. If you do have a problem and need to cancel a trip, you'll always be able to do so in the app.

As we continue to improve the UberPOOL experience, we really appreciate hearing your feedback and perspective.

Please let me know if you have further quires.

Regards,

Lisa
To Whom It May Concern (3rd time)

I am WANTING to opt out of the ENTIRE Uber Pool requests.

I see and understand that you will do everything to persuade me that it can't be done. However, this is NOT true as I have heard from a number of Uber veterans that they have indeed successfully opted out. If you continue to send me some canned response about how it can't be done, I will continue to send these requests until it's completed.

Sharon (Uber)

Sep 8, 19:45 PDT

Hi John,

Thank you for following up.

Sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your UberPOOL requests. But as my colleagues explained earlier, there is not currently an option for partners to opt out of specific vehicle options like uberPOOL or UberX.

uberPOOL has benefited partners since it launched by keeping them busier every time they go online. With uberPOOL, partners get paid during trips, in addition to on their way to picking up passengers. This means partners spend more time making money while driving. With uberPOOL, you're picking up multiple riders and being paid along the way. You collect a fare from the first pickup through the final drop off, eliminating the unpaid period spent waiting for another request and traveling to another pickup location.

Uber highly values the feedback of its partners and we take what you're saying very seriously. As a growing company, we are constantly seeking ways to better enhance the Uber experience from both drivers' and riders' perspectives.

uberPOOL is one of our fastest growing products. We’re seeing huge demand from riders for uberPOOL, and this makes partners busier every time they log on. Accepting and completing all trip requests - both UberX and uberPOOL - is critical to ensuring a positive experience for riders who are relying on Uber to get to their destinations.

We appreciate your patience with the launch of this new product, and we're happy to answer any other questions you have.

Regards,

Sharon
To Whom It May Concern:

Instead of having me to resort to games I have had others have done (e.g. accepting UberPOOL requests and never actually picking them up resulting in bad rider satisfaction, or ignoring UberPOOL requests causing the rider to wait for sometimes an hour before getting a ride), simply filter my account to not receive any UberPOOL requests.

Don't tell me this can be done. I've seen on my rider app UberX cars and when I switched to UberPOOL, cars disappeared from the map and then reappear when I go back to UberX. Please save us the time and trouble telling me all your success stories about UberPOOL. For every success story, I can tell you a horror story with UberPOOL.

As a "independent contractor", I should have the choice of NOT accepting UberPOOL requests and I don't take kindly to being punished for not accepting UberPOOL requests, almost like something an EMPLOYER would do to an EMPLOYEE? Is that what we are now, EMPLOYEES?

Uber highly values the feedback of its partners and we take what you're saying very seriously. As a growing company, we are constantly seeking ways to better enhance the Uber experience from both drivers' and riders' perspectives.
If this was true, then simply stop sending me UberPOOL requests.

Accepting and completing all trip requests - both UberX and uberPOOL - is critical to ensuring a positive experience for riders who are relying on Uber to get to their destinations.
Stop sending me UberPOOL ride requests.

Sincerely

Your "partner"

John Highway

Desa (Uber)

Sep 8, 20:25 PDT

Hi John,

Thanks for reaching out, happy to help.

I am sorry to hear about the experience with the uberPOOL future.

I've reviewed your account and I can confirm that your account no longer has the uberPOOL so you would be receive any request for uberaPOOL.

Please let us know if you have any other concern or question.

Regards,

Desa
We shall see....