• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Submit a receipt within 24 hours

Mista T

Author
I submitted a cleaning fee recently. Lyft wants me to submit a receipt, showing a I spent the money to clean my car.

Eff you, Lyft!

Lyft takes about 40% off the top on each ride. When you send me corporate financial statements showing where the money went, justifying the 40%, THEN I will send you a receipt to justify my cleaning expense (which I had no say in, you just decided how much to give me).

Solid 5

Can't you just go to a place that maybe you or a friend knows and ask for a favor?

Hell tell them you will give the manager 10% of the fee, so if you get $200 you palm him $20.

Wonkytonk

I submitted a cleaning fee recently. Lyft wants me to submit a receipt, showing a I spent the money to clean my car.

Eff you, Lyft!

Lyft takes about 40% off the top on each ride. When you send me corporate financial statements showing where the money went, justifying the 40%, THEN I will send you a receipt to justify my cleaning expense (which I had no say in, you just decided how much to give me).
http://www.fakereceipt.us/sales_receipt.php

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The issue isn't creating a receipt. Anyone can do that.

The issue is that I shouldn't have to do it in the first place. They want me to "prove" the money went to clean up. Guess what ... I want them to "prove" that the 40% they skim off the top of each fare goes to the benefit of drivers. If they won't provide financials, why should I?

RDWRER

The issue isn't creating a receipt. Anyone can do that.

The issue is that I shouldn't have to do it in the first place. They want me to "prove" the money went to clean up. Guess what ... I want them to "prove" that the 40% they skim off the top of each fare goes to the benefit of drivers. If they won't provide financials, why should I?
That’s weird too, since I thought it was generally accepted that the fee was not for the actual amount of money spent on cleaning the mess, presumably with materials you have already purchased at an earlier time and/or date, but for the money you are now out due to having to go offline to conduct the cleanup instead of driving. In other words, if you got a cleaning fee of $150 then maybe $50 of it was for the cleaning supplies and the remainder was for being out of work for several hours. In any case, the fee is charged to the passenger so it is pointless to request a receipt unless they intended to supply it to that passenger, which seems highly unlikely.

rman954

If Lyft wants to blame anyone for this, it's themselves. They asess the damage fee not us.

Typically if someone makes a big mess for me. I sprinkle baking soda on it to make it easier to vaccum up. Hit the entire area with a garden sprayer of a mix of Tide Coldwater Clean (good scent and in my experience doesn't leave residue or fade colors). Then hit it with an extractor using plain water. Spritz on some Febreeze and it comes out good as new.

Wonkytonk

Providing fake receipts is fraudulent and immediate grounds for deactivation.

https://www.proformative.com/questions/fake-receipts
You think?

Uber/Lyft: Gimmie a receipt
Driver: I did the work myself.
Uber/Lyft: Gimmie a receipt you useless proletariat dung beetle of a beotch!
Driver: Ok here's your receipt.
Uber/Lyft: Ok.
Uber/Lyft: Here's your money sorry for blah blah this, and blah blah that.
Driver: Thanks I guess next time gimmie my money right way mother heifer.

Next up:

Driver: Gimmie my cancel fee.
Uber: No speaky de driverees.

Wonkytonk

If Lyft wants to blame anyone for this, it's themselves. They asess the damage fee not us.

Typically if someone makes a big mess for me. I sprinkle baking soda on it to make it easier to vaccum up. Hit the entire area with a garden sprayer of a mix of Tide Coldwater Clean (good scent and in my experience doesn't leave residue or fade colors). Then hit it with an extractor using plain water. Spritz on some Febreeze and it comes out good as new.

Sounds cool you should call it Uncle Rman's Formula 954. (Nine Fiddy Four)

AllGold

Good advice. But I have a question--stupid as it might be... What is an extractor?

rman954

Good advice. But I have a question--stupid as it might be... What is an extractor?

Carpet cleaner with the upholstery tool... You can typically rent them at your local supermarket, Home Depot, and Lowes. It squirts down water + cleaning solution and sucks it up as you go with a pretty powerful vacuum.