Inshur

Stupid TFL

London-born-and-bred

If you are surrendering your licence before expiry, the vehicle licence discs must be returned to TFL

Which bits? this? or the crap still left on my windscreens which now have to scrape off with a razor blade?

Jriaz81

If you are surrendering your licence before expiry, the vehicle licence discs must be returned to TFL

Which bits? this? or the crap still left on my windscreens which now have to scrape off with a razor blade?

View attachment 315330
You should have heat them before taking them off with heat gun or blow drayer, what you think how TFL guys take it off and put a new one, with no markings on your windscreen? ?

London-born-and-bred

Insanity seems to be a common feature among Uber drivers.
Heat gun?
Seriously?
You just read that somewhere on the internet and repeated it without thinking about it didn't you?
Heat guns are to strip hardened paint off of wood and metal and generate on average 1000w of heat, yeah fire one of those at your windscreen then watch that baby crack like a dropped egg.

UberLuxbod

Heat gun?
Seriously?
You just read that somewhere on the internet and repeated it without thinking about it didn't you?
Heat guns are to strip hardened paint off of wood and metal and generate on average 1000w of heat, yeah fire one of those at your windscreen then watch that baby crack like a dropped egg.

I think he has a couple of Red Bulls this morning.

He is full of beans.

If only his battery was full of charge

Jason01

People actually bother to do what TFL say is my surprise here.

By all means remove them, phone them up but return them to TFL your having a laugh, just no need whatsoever common sense is your only guide.

defector

Heat gun?
Seriously?
I see heat guns used by car body wrappers nearly on a daily basis, and some of them are expensive cars.
They only point it at the desired area for half or one second to soften the wrap slightly to make it easier to shape to the body.
For removing stickers on body work or glass where the adhesive has hardened, they also use a heat gun to soften the plastic/adhesive which makes it easy to remove the sticker, it is fairly standard procedure, but once again i stress, the heat gun is literally pointed very briefly at the sticker area starting at the corner or one end.
Using a blade on the rear screen can damage the heater element if not careful.