Stupid Scheduled Trips

Kawiz03

What is it with these people who schedule trips just to go up the block like seriously if you are going to schedule a ride make it worth my time and at least guarantee it since all the ones I've ever gotten where based on me being nearby anyway
Screenshot_20180415-234257_Lyft Driver.jpg

Jo3030

Those Scheduled Rides are scams by Lyft
I have signed up to over 20 rides only to NEVER get any pings from any of them.
They will still send the ping to the closest driver. No matter what.

YelpMan

There was one weekday afternoon I was down in Prince William County for my regular work, and I did destination filter on both Uber/Lyft back to MD. I got a Lyft ping in PWC near Minneville & Smoketown Road. I rush to get to him since I was like 7 minutes away; it was also a Lyft Line I think too (I never take UberPool, but Lyft Line as less opposed to, but still not great). I realized it was a scheduled trip. When I hit arrived, I was 7 minutes early. With Lyft, I can at least see where they are going when I've arrived, and he is going to somewhere close by like IKEA or something. The 2 minutes counted down, and I got out of there quickly and collected the no show. If he had been going to MD or at least up to Tysons, I would've waited longer than the 2 minutes.

Kawiz03

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There was one weekday afternoon I was down in Prince William County for my regular work, and I did destination filter on both Uber/Lyft back to MD. I got a Lyft ping in PWC near Minneville & Smoketown Road. I rush to get to him since I was like 7 minutes away; it was also a Lyft Line I think too (I never take UberPool, but Lyft Line as less opposed to, but still not great). I realized it was a scheduled trip. When I hit arrived, I was 7 minutes early. With Lyft, I can at least see where they are going when I've arrived, and he is going to somewhere close by like IKEA or something. The 2 minutes counted down, and I got out of there quickly and collected the no show. If he had been going to MD or at least up to Tysons, I would've waited longer than the 2 minutes.
Only good thing about scheduled rides on lyft is $10 cancellation charge never get why only short crap rides schedule rides its like a red flag to let people know not to pick ur ass up

UberDmv21

Those Scheduled Rides are scams by Lyft
I have signed up to over 20 rides only to NEVER get any pings from any of them.
They will still send the ping to the closest driver. No matter what.
That's not completely true. I do scheduled rides all the time. You do have to be somewhat in the area of your scheduled pickup at least 15 mins before the trip. Sign on 15 mins before pickup and you should get the request. I will say tho that there have been a couple occasions where I was in position and logged on and never got the request. That has and does happen. But 8 out of 10 times it's legit.

#professoruber

The reason why is that idiot drivers accept these trips.

Riders want the peace of mind that they will have a driver available and a scheduled rides indicates that they will have one.

roadman

The reason why is that idiot drivers accept these trips.

Riders want the peace of mind that they will have a driver available and a scheduled rides indicates that they will have one.
Except there is no peace of mind riders just don't know it which if you think about it is pretty hilarious.

#professoruber

Except there is no peace of mind riders just don't know it which if you think about it is pretty hilarious.
Oh yeah, when I explain Uber scheduled rides, I let them know all Uber is doing is clicking the button to order the ride. If a driver is not available, you are not getting a ride.

Then their are the riders that order select because there are no drivers available and they got shafted on a scheduled ride. I let them know, always order select. They will have a better experience and is a more dependable service.

roadman

Oh yeah, when I explain Uber scheduled rides, I let them know all Uber is doing is clicking the button to order the ride. If a driver is not available, you are not getting a ride.

Then their are the riders that order select because there are no drivers available and they got shafted on a scheduled ride. I let them know, always order select. They will have a better experience and is a more dependable service.
the light bulb goes off in their head when you tell them.

Instead be like Yeah I accepted your scheduled ride last night and then immediately set my alarm clock and everything. I was so excited to pick you up that I barely slept a wink.

Jo3030

That's not completely true. I do scheduled rides all the time. You do have to be somewhat in the area of your scheduled pickup at least 15 mins before the trip. Sign on 15 mins before pickup and you should get the request. I will say tho that there have been a couple occasions where I was in position and logged on and never got the request. That has and does happen. But 8 out of 10 times it's legit.
Not in my neck of the woods apparently.