Stupid lucky taxi night.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

I just had one of those days where almost everything went my way.

picked up a dude from the jail, took him 19 miles and he was thankful I made him pay before I took him to make sure there wasn’t any issues.

it was all gravy and sunshine from there.

(Except for the fare I had that literally just took a lady across the street for $2.40)

I know it’s Saturday but I actually hit $350 in revenue in 10 hours....

pre Uber I never hit that high, just stupid luck on top of stupid luck.

image.jpg
image.jpg

total disclosure, the $27.60 fare is a declined card, the second card they used 5 minutes later for $30 cleared.

and at 2:45 I literallt picked up going accross the street, zero ticks on the meter..

I also have not shown fares or $44 and $10, they never made it on the meter.

Nice! Some days are great.

If I do not hit $300 on any given day I failed somewhere.

Good days here are around $500 in 10 hours

Bad days $250.
It’s hard to believe $500 in 10 hours shift driving yellow in Zoo York city not anymore I’m an ex yellow for 11 years back then yes it was possible making that number almost daily and even higher on the weekend night shifts but now days if a driver makes half of that he’s lucky and I say that based on experience from meting many yellow drivers and seeing they’re actual earning. And let’s not forget about the rental fees and gas and surge charges deductions !!

jayrock

Pre-Uber here in my state I was doing easy $500 daily for about a 10hour shift. Covered my lease and took home $400minimum. Here Alot of voucher work, and I don’t care what any “seasoned” taxi driver likes to say there’s no money in vouchers. I’ve been driving for 10+ years and like about 4-5years of that for voucher work and if you know to play your cards right you make easy money from doing them. And I’m not just talking about the medical type vouchers. Besides those the return to airport from hotels or hotels to airport were always great to me.

Every driver I came across that would despise doing them and just stuck to cash only, you would find their lazy ass sleeping, or bullshitting at some stand with several of the same types of drivers. Wasting their time and not making crap. Usually they were waiting Downtown for an airport run for $20 and maybe a tip. Meanwhile the hour or sometimes 2 they waited I already ran around and made $50 or more in less than an hour.

Uber wasn’t the only thing that killed cabs. Majority of cab drivers were rude, stupid jackasses with not even the slightest care in the world for customer service. No common courtesy or damn. Most cab drivers always thought cabs would last forever.
Post automatically merged:

I just had one of those days where almost everything went my way.

picked up a dude from the jail, took him 19 miles and he was thankful I made him pay before I took him to make sure there wasn’t any issues.

it was all gravy and sunshine from there.

(Except for the fare I had that literally just took a lady across the street for $2.40)

I know it’s Saturday but I actually hit $350 in revenue in 10 hours....

pre Uber I never hit that high, just stupid luck on top of stupid luck.

View attachment 416824 View attachment 416825

total disclosure, the $27.60 fare is a declined card, the second card they used 5 minutes later for $30 cleared.

and at 2:45 I literallt picked up going accross the street, zero ticks on the meter..

I also have not shown fares or $44 and $10, they never made it on the meter.
hey what MDT is that anyway?