Stupid Driver Tricks

Exit67

I approached a very busy Shore club to make a pickup in an area that Uber/Lyft is not currently subject to negative scrutiny by the local police. There, I found an Uber driver blocking the street just before the entrance. Stopped on a diagonal across the lane, she was trying to contact her rider by phone or text - I could see the screen. In the middle of the street. At a very busy spot, blocking traffic. Repeated taps on my horn got her to move enough to get around her. I made my pickup in the lot, in a legal spot and found the driveway blocked by another UberWanker dropping off. I pulled up close enough to make it difficult for the passengers to disembark. This passive aggressive display was completely lost on the meatbag driving the car. What is wrong with these morons? The shore cops are already fed up with the drunks; do these imbeciles really think it is a good idea to further burden these officers with spectacular displays of bad driving judgement? Talking to my driving peers about their slovenly approach to Ride Share is exactly like explaining to the the drunkest of the six lushes trying to "smoosh" into my UberX why that are not going to be allowed to ride without a seatbelt. Neither of them gives a rats tail. They simply cannot see past their own convenience to understand the harm they are doing to our efforts to make a few dollars.

Undermensch

I approached a very busy Shore club to make a pickup in an area that Uber/Lyft is not currently subject to negative scrutiny by the local police. There, I found an Uber driver blocking the street just before the entrance. Stopped on a diagonal across the lane, she was trying to contact her rider by phone or text - I could see the screen. In the middle of the street. At a very busy spot, blocking traffic. Repeated taps on my horn got her to move enough to get around her. I made my pickup in the lot, in a legal spot and found the driveway blocked by another UberWanker dropping off. I pulled up close enough to make it difficult for the passengers to disembark. This passive aggressive display was completely lost on the meatbag driving the car. What is wrong with these morons? The shore cops are already fed up with the drunks; do these imbeciles really think it is a good idea to further burden these officers with spectacular displays of bad driving judgement? Talking to my driving peers about their slovenly approach to Ride Share is exactly like explaining to the the drunkest of the six lushes trying to "smoosh" into my UberX why that are not going to be allowed to ride without a seatbelt. Neither of them gives a rats tail. They simply cannot see past their own convenience to understand the harm they are doing to our efforts to make a few dollars.
Happens.

The same thing happened with a pizza delivery guy just stopping in front of Osprey on the corner a couple weeks ago. On a Saturday night. No one could get around him. Had to horn him to move. He finally did. Went around to the taxi stand and double parked blocking traffic again when the opossing lane also had cars in it. Horned him again. Moved to the next corner and parked halfway around the corner again blocking traffic. Horned him again and he finally moved to a legit spot.

Point is: you see Uber drivers because you are looking for them, but it's taxi drivers and pizza guys and other regular people too.

forqalso

Yeah, you see lazy drivers double parking next to empty spaces. People don't care if the block someone or not.

jvegas

Sometimes you're torn because you have no choice. No legal parking spaces available and you want to be visible to the Pax so you can get in and out quickly, also sometimes if you pass the front you have to circle around, if only the Pax would be right there ready get in and leave quickly it wouldn't matter if you temporarily blocked a driveway or double parked or something like that cause it would be so fast. I blame the Pax they never make the effort to find you and make the pick up a smooth and swift experience, they're always lost in there own world thinking about themselves, taking there sweet ol' time getting to you and its frustrating, they have no idea what were going through to locate them they expect us to be right there in front like a stretch limo picking up someone important. That's why I really appreciate the passengers who are mindfull of this and make the effort to help us out and do all they can to make the pick up smooth, send a quick text stating exactly were your standing and what you look like perhaps, walk a few blocks away from the commotion and let us know your up the block, be ready to go when its closing time, answer your phone when we call, get in quickly, make an effort to find me, know the make, model, color, license number of my car before hand and look for it!