• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Stupid airport lot

Benjamin M

Sat in the queue for around 40 minutes, finally got a ping. Apparently I didn't come to a complete stop leaving the lot, which is on a tiny service road, and an eagle eyed officer pulled me.

Just got a warning but now back in the stupid queue. Trying to earn a buck, everyone slides through that spot.

Officer in training, heard his FTO say "it's up to you."

Whew. Tough day so far.
Post automatically merged:

Canceled the trip because the trainee wasn't sure how to handle an item on my person, seemed like his first day. 😂 Thought Benny might have a bad night for a second.

Edit - I just reviewed the footage. Damn, I sure did run it!! Different stop sign than I thought, so I'm the A hole 😂 I need a nap.

Last edited:

Benjamin M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
After a year or two on the streets you try to avoid as much paperwork as possible. At least I tried to.
The FTO seemed inclined to issue a citation.

I legit had no idea why I was pulled, neither said until I asked. Wondered if they randomly stop commercial vehicles or something.

And this might sound sick, but in my paramedic days I was sooo relieved with DOA calls. Not much else to say - DRT, handed off to law enforcement 😂

Munsuta

The FTO seemed inclined to issue a citation.

I legit had no idea why I was pulled, neither said until I asked. Wondered if they randomly stop commercial vehicles or something.

And this might sound sick, but in my paramedic days I was sooo relieved with DOA calls. Not much else to say - DRT, handed off to law enforcement 😂
When your new to any type of law enforcement, security contracting, or corrections you will be eager to pull every lever you can to see the outcome. It's like a little kid in a control center. Buttons will be pushed levers will be pulled. That's why his FTO was like it's up to you because he knew that this lever wasn't worth the time pulling. One thing they don't teach in any academy is how to remain human. It's one of the main reasons I refuse to work for any agency ever again.

Benjamin M

One thing they don't teach in any academy is how to remain human. It's one of the main reasons I refuse to work for any agency ever again.
Thank you for your service. And I had a similar experience with EMS.

Great explanation. Honestly, the rookie seemed more nervous than I was. Didn't identify himself or say why he stopped me. Took my license and went to the back of my car kinda like "k now what. Oh yeah, tags".

Came back and asked if I was armed. Then the FTO had to ask for clarification, then review that with the rookie.

Finally, as the rookie was walking back with my license, he remembered to print my car. 😂

It was cute, brand new officer. Both were nice, FTO had his hands full.

Benjamin M

By the way, I just gave the department a 5* review - just as I did after being pulled over the last time a year ago elsewhere.

I was courteous with the last officer and he was in kind. Helped that I had a friend that apparently works for the Commonwealth Attorney's office, before I could say a word to the judge the CA was by my side and said "your honor, the Commonwealth wishes to issue a plea of no contest".

Cool judge, asked if that was OK by me (duh), court costs and I was out.

Get pulled over, don't be a dick. I disagree with the traffic stop with the CA intervention but blowing a stop sign yesterday was entirely on me, no doubt. And I was careful the rest of the night.

Last edited:

FLKeys

Canceled the trip because the trainee wasn't sure how to handle an item on my person, seemed like his first day. 😂 Thought Benny might have a bad night for a second.
Did he ask or did you volunteer the information? VA has no duty to inform unless asked. FL is the same, I almost always inform right away, have not received a ticket since I started informing. The only time I did not inform was when I had a PAX in the car, they were only doing a welfare check on the PAX so I was not in a position to get a ticket anyway. Just did not want to freak the PAX out by informing and risk getting deactivated.

Benjamin M

Did he ask or did you volunteer the information? VA has no duty to inform unless asked. FL is the same, I almost always inform right away, have not received a ticket since I started informing. The only time I did not inform was when I had a PAX in the car, they were only doing a welfare check on the PAX so I was not in a position to get a ticket anyway. Just did not want to freak the PAX out by informing and risk getting deactivated.
Yep, surprisingly he asked directly right off the bat. Otherwise, in this case, I might not have volunteered that information.

DriverMark

Been pulled over 3 times now in Utah. 2 with PAX in car. Officer let me go all 3 times. But they were fishing for DIUs most likely.

Pays to use "Use Sir", be polite. Answer truthfully (like they haven't heard your lame lie 1000 times, like "I'll tip in the app").

Anyway..... slap on the hand for you sir!!

Benjamin M

Been pulled over 3 times now in Utah. 2 with PAX in car. Officer let me go all 3 times. But they were fishing for DIUs most likely.

Pays to use "Use Sir", be polite. Answer truthfully (like they haven't heard your lame lie 1000 times, like "I'll tip in the app").

Anyway..... slap on the hand for you sir!!
Yep, I'm always polite. Mom raised a good boy :wink:

peteyvavs

Sat in the queue for around 40 minutes, finally got a ping. Apparently I didn't come to a complete stop leaving the lot, which is on a tiny service road, and an eagle eyed officer pulled me.

Just got a warning but now back in the stupid queue. Trying to earn a buck, everyone slides through that spot.

Officer in training, heard his FTO say "it's up to you."

Whew. Tough day so far.

Edit - I just reviewed the footage. Damn, I sure did run it!! Different stop sign than I thought, so I'm the A hole 😂 I need a nap.
Welcome to rideshare, you’re officially a Uber a hole like the rest of us here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
EphLux Los Angeles & Orange County 15
Benjamin M Chatter 94
D Las Vegas 23