• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Stuff the Car

Tampa Girl

What is it with these college kids wanting to stuff the car with more people than is legal? I had three rides on Friday night where they tried to put 4-6 people in the back seat when it is only legal to have 3. And when I told them that their options were to cancel the ride or leave the extra people there to get another Uber they offered me cash or to tip me really well. Now if I get pulled over with all these extra people in my car that is unsafe and illegal, I will not only lose my driving job, but could potentially lose my primary job with the state.

25rides7daysaweek

What is it with these college kids wanting to stuff the car with more people than is legal? I had three rides on Friday night where they tried to put 4-6 people in the back seat when it is only legal to have 3. And when I told them that their options were to cancel the ride or leave the extra people there to get another Uber they offered me cash or to tip me really well. Now if I get pulled over with all these extra people in my car that is unsafe and illegal, I will not only lose my driving job, but could potentially lose my primary job with the state.
yea unfortunately they dgaf. You gotta look out for you...

Tampa Girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No they don't. And one of the little s**ts gave me a one star rating. So my rating is now 4.64. I'm so angry.

Tampa Girl

You are absolutely right. And I will be less charitable with my star ratings.
Right now I am much happier with my Lyft experiences than my Uber experiences.

Kodyhead

Different conversation but anyone that says i will tip you after the ride more than 3 times and they look under 25 gets an automatic 1 star.

They are gonna give you 1 star anyway at that point so make sure you give them 1.

Or cancel of you care about the rating

Tampa Girl

Thank you Kody. I am learning a lot from you guys. I'm glad I posted.

Last edited:

TLH Driver

Tampa Girl - thx for sharing your experience. I have college students ask to stuff my car 3 to 4 times per night. When they "claim" that they will offer a tip, it has always been a lie. I do not drive them either way.

The next annoying thing they do is ask for pick ups along the way.

So recently, I have started giving out 1 ratings when they engage in bad behavior. And also I have stopped picking up pax(s) with less than a 4.9 ratings. I noticed just last night that everyone that I picked up with less than 4.9 (4.76, 4.88, 4.75) was problematic, drunk and obnoxious, attempting to game or very unpleasant.

As drivers we need to make sure that
we give bad pax (s) low ratings in order to alert one another as to the type of pax(s) they are.