1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Stuff on Netflix, Streaming, and VOD

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by METRO3, Jan 13, 2019 at 8:57 PM.

1. METRO3

METRO3

Driving:
    Lyft
    So I'm watching Titans on Netflix and I recognized a lot of the scenes they filmed at and I looked it up and it seems they shot it all in Toronto and Ontario
    The roller rink I recognize being the rink in Mississauga and the whole cop chase scene when it was showing a flashback of dick stealing Bruce's car was ex grounds

What scenes in the series do u recognize?

In episode 6 they just walked by an illegal despensory haha called market despensory lol I do believe it got raided and shotdown

2. METRO3

METRO3

Driving:
    Lyft
    Damn it they took an uber in episode 7. Damn why can't it be a Lyft lol

3. hooj

hooj

Driving:
    UberX
  4. METRO3

METRO3

Driving:
    Lyft
    Damn this series got really bad. Like it was okay but episode 8 is pure garbage writing. What a waste of time could have been out there killing my car for free. I do love volunteering lol

Torontofishingdude likes this.
  5. I like the show but yeah the writing is horrible some **** doesn't make any sense

METRO3 likes this.
  6. I noticed Kurt HalfyardKurt Halfyard is a Movie/TV junkie so maybe we can make this thread as a Netflix thread? I am a TV/Movie junkie as well.

Here are some of the stuff I enjoyed watching on Netflix

Breaking Bad (9.5/10 on imdb with 1.5m votes) The best!
    Stranger Things (8.9/10 on imdb with 549k votes)
    Narcos (8.8/10 on imdb with 277k votes)
    Shameless US (8.7/10 on imdb with 162k votes)
    Dark (8.6/10 on imdb with 90k votes) German TV series dubbed
    Narcos Mexico new one (8.5/10 on imdb with 23k votes)
    Spartacus (8.5/10 on imdb with 200k votes)

I still have a lot but haven't got enough time to write it lol

7. METRO3

METRO3

Driving:
    Lyft
    Dark is really good. But it's been too long now for the 2nd season to come out. That's the annoying thing about Netflix they come out with good series but then it takes forever for the next season if at all to come out.

uber_from_the north likes this.
  8. It is really good. Highly recommended.

9. Chaisomosa

Chaisomosa

Just finished watching "bad blood" ... Canadian mafia show

And Body guard.. a UK based show

10. METRO3

METRO3

Driving:
    Lyft
    Why are we Canadians so prudish when it comes to Canadian content. I'm so tired of boring prudish Canadian shows. I want us to grow up and tolerate swearing and using vulgar words in our shows. Look at uk shows they aren't afraid to offend people by taking about sex and stuff or even the Americans with their show shameless. That show would never be produced in Canada cuz well sorry to say we are way to conservative. Hell we can't even change the sex Ed curriculum without people getting pissed off

11. Kurt Halfyard

Kurt Halfyard Moderator Author

Driving:
    Lyft
    A couple things: I don't watch much TV because TV isn't much big on endings. These shows go on forever with no resolution.
    I do like NETFLIX miniseries like Big Little Lies, however.
    I prefer to watch movies.

Also, on the crappola Canadian TV like Republic of Doyle or the Murdoch Mysteries, you should be watching Canadian movies instead... seriously crazy stuff like

Incendes
    Dead Ringers
    Ginger Snaps
    Pontypool
    Kissed
    Operation Avalanche
    C.R.A.Z.Y.
    Enemy
    The Silent Partner
    I Love A Man In Uniform
    Hobo With A Shotgun
    Summer of '84
    waydowntown
    Lifechanger
    White Wedding
    The Sweet Hereafter
    Exotica
    The Red Violin
    My Winnipeg
    The Fly
    Black Christmas
    Cube
    The Fast Runner
    Rhymes For Young Ghouls
    DeathDream
    Les Affames
    Fido

i_k and uber_from_the north like this.
  12. Skorpio

Skorpio

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm watching..
    Conan..
    Without borders.

i_k likes this.
  13. No offense but like uber I pass on movies with an imdb rating of 5-6 below. I saw some on the list that are quite low.

But this looks decent:

Incendies - 8.2
    Dead Ringers - 7.3
    Enemy 6.9
    The Silent Partner - 7.5

Just finished watching on Netflix the TV series YOU. It was ok. I love all those deep book poetry lines.

Like I said it was ok.

14. Karl Marx

Karl Marx

Just finished binge watching the 3rd season of Mr. Robot. They're about to start filming the 4th and final season. I was surprised it had such poor ratings in the 3rd season. Only 500,000 viewers. The first season had 1 million. Probably many Americans were not cognitively equipped to stay with the plot lines. It also won a couple of prestigious TV awards. " Evil Corp."

15. Ah Mr. Robot aka Freddie Mercury. This guy did well on the Bohemian Rhapsody movie.

Blown away.

16. I liked Bon cop, Bad cop I. (Second one was not as good).

For tv series, Bad Blood, starring Kim Coates is surprisingly good for a Canadian Production. One of the very few canadian TV series I liked.

17. Karl Marx

Karl Marx

Indeed, a brilliant performance as Freddy. His character in Mr. Robot is also a stand out with Christian Slater. Last time I saw Slater on Broadway was in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof the night after he assaulted or insulted a woman at a deli on the east side, he spent the night in the can. Thought he would be a no show for that evenings performance. He did show and he was brilliant. The crowd gave him two standing ovations. Slater is a producer of Mr. Robot and I think he is going to be doing some of his best work here on in. Watch Mr. Robot at your peril. I lost last weekend completely to the 3rd season. INTERESTING TAKE on societal break down. I think some of the writers were Canadian.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019 at 11:25 AM
  18. This guy will take tons of awards from this Queen movie for sure.

As for Slater he did produce almost half of the episodes 22 out 44. That is something new to me :)

19. Karl Marx

Karl Marx

This was a very unformulated script and the concept writer Sam Esmail came up with the concept story. I can well understand that the average American would not either appreciate or be able to follow the story plot or sub plots.

20. People do appreciate it based on the 268k votes I guess. But since you mentioned "average" yes I think some really won't like it.

Like the movie Inception or movies similar to this by Christopher Nolan

Memento
    Interstellar

If you asked someone if he/she likes the movie the usual response was. "I don't like it, it's too hard to understand, too complicated, too techy"

But the brilliant mind does like it and considered Nolan's movies a masterpiece.

Karl Marx and Kurt Halfyard like this.