• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Students back but all drivers please don't let them cram in

ma du

All uber x drivers have had more than four people try to cram in your car.

On monday night I had 8 people try to all get in my car on glenwood south. Right when I saw a group of 6, I was soon explaining to the 5 girls and 1 dude that they needed to call another car.

In the process of that two dudes joined the group and tried to sit in each others lap in the front seat. I kicked the two guys out then 4 girls stayed in the back and one more got in.

The guys slammed my door then starting cursing at me. Saying that the other uber let em do it.

The ride was terrible too girls screaming and gossiping in the back and not being patient enough to let plug in an address.

All uber x drivers need to stay strong and not let more than 4 people in unless its 5 kinda small people.

turbovator

On monday night I had 8 people try to all get in my car on glenwood south. Right when I saw a group of 6, I was soon explaining to the 5 girls and 1 dude that they needed to call another car.

In the process of that two dudes joined the group and tried to sit in each others lap in the front seat. I kicked the two guys out then 4 girls stayed in the back and one more got in.

The guys slammed my door then starting cursing at me. Saying that the other uber let em do it.

The ride was terrible too girls screaming and gossiping in the back and not being patient enough to let plug in an address.

All uber x drivers need to stay strong and not let more than 4 people in unless its 5 kinda small people.
5 kinda small people? Isn't 4 the max limit for an Uber X and that 5 kinda small people clause is self defeating your own purpose of your post?

Last edited:

BKNY75

Unless you drive XL do t let more than 4 people in your car period. Not kinda small, kinda rich, kinda cute, kinda nobody.

Seriously. Don't do it.

All it takes is one accident with your car overloaded to ruin you. You can be the best driver in the world, some drunk moron runs a light and hits you and YOU will be liable for the injuries of all the people that you allowed to ride in your car with no seat belts. Your insurance, uber's insurance, the other guys insurance will not cover you since you voluntarily broke the law. And those kinda small
people? They're going to kinda sue you.

NEVER overload your car. It doesn't matter how much of a tip they promise you, how cute those smiling drunk sorority chicks are, or how many "other" drivers have done it. It's not worth the risk.

MrsUberJax

If you allow more passengers than seat belts in your car, you are breaking the law. Everyone gets bullshit from the pax. All the college students try it. Everyone has done it. DONT ! The risks to you are far greater than one may think. 1) If you are stopped by the police and they see that you have overloaded your vehicle you will get a ticket. (probably more than one.) 2.) If you are in an accident and you have overloaded your vehicle you will be personally liable if anything happens to your car or your pax. No insurance company will honor your policy if they find that you were operating your vehicle illegally, especially your personal insurance. 3.) You will lose your job with Uber if you are caught. 4) The passengers are @@@@@@@@ and care NOTHING for you, they WON'T tip you and if you get yourself in a sticky situation, the pax will BAIL on you and point the finger at YOU! 5.) Intentionally breaking the law for financial gain - and then someone getting killed via accident = involuntary manslaughter. 6) There are UberXL & UberSUV drivers out there that are paying more - paying more for a vehicle, paying more for gasoline, paying more in commission - just for the privilege of babysitting these pax parties of 5 or more. If you take the ride illegally, you are hurting the XL driver that is sitting on the road waiting for that call. XL calls are fewer and farther -because the cheap ass pax won't upgrade and there are drivers out there who won't enforce the rules and go along with this. I know how hard it is to walk away from a fare, but just do it. When you get to the location, offer the pax your driver code for anyone that has not used Uber before. If they say that everyone has used Uber before - then remind them that they won't have any problem ordering another Uber then. Remember, it's less than a dollar a mile. Cheap ass bastards! Immediately ask who's going with you.. tell them to get in.. and go. If they can't get it together, cancel the ride and get out of there... It's just not worth it.

ma du

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe I just need to be more a dick but these people act like children. That time it I figured it was just worth taking the five and getting the hell out of there. I know I made the mistake of accepting the ride before seeing how many actual people got in. And the crappy way uber does their rating system I figured it was better to take them than to cancel and get a 1 star rating.

just drive

Always keep car doors locked. Until you know the size of your party. If above your limit, it's easy to cancel and drive. No need to kick them out. They are not in yet. No negotiating, just drive

merkurfan

Maybe I just need to be more a dick but these people act like children. That time it I figured it was just worth taking the five and getting the hell out of there. I know I made the mistake of accepting the ride before seeing how many actual people got in. And the crappy way uber does their rating system I figured it was better to take them than to cancel and get a 1 star rating.

Next time find your balls and do what you need to do. GTF out of my car, oh and cancel the damn ride on your way out!

These kids have been trained to expect everything, they are the center of the world. I have NO problem bursting that bubble for them free-o-charge.

ma du

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Always keep car doors locked. Until you know the size of your party. If above your limit, it's easy to cancel and drive. No need to kick them out. They are not in yet. No negotiating, just drive
Thanks for the tip about locking the car.

MrsUberJax

Let me also add then the importance of getting everyone in the car and settled, BEFORE you start the trip. You do not make any significant money by starting the trip early. You run the risk of pissing off a pax for starting the trip early - and you lose your most powerful weapon.. the cancel button. Never, ever, ever start the trip unless you are good to go. One of the ways that I do this, is I get everyone in the car and then ask, where are we headed? They will usually say, "oh we are going downtown, we put it in the app." Then I try to flush out if they are planning on making multiple stops, or if they are going to be @@@@@@@@... by this time, we are in the car and all buckled up. I do not move the car until I feel good, and then I start the ride. Best way to get rid of them if you want to opt out, remember, they can not rate you if you do not start the ride. Keep that weapon at your disposal and you will protect your rating and end up with better rides overall.

turbovator

When something happens and the "shit hits the fan" it's going to be your ass on the grill. If the Uber rating system wasn't SO INSANE it would be laughable. The a holes, drunks and demanding inconsiderate entitled get to rate you. I think the whole Uber deal is a scam, but I won't go there because it's not the subject of this thread.

Disgusted Driver

Thanks for the tip about locking the car.
And dude, don't worry about the ratings, here's what you do. Tell them it's cheaper to cancel the ride and order an XL, they can't rate you if they cancel the ride. If it's more than 5 minutes after they ordered, you get paid. If they don't cancel it themselves, wait 5 minutes and cancel them as a no show. You get paid. They deserve to pay because they are trying to cheat you. They know X only takes 4 passengers, they are just trying to get over. They need to be trained.

BKNY75

If you allow more passengers than seat belts in your car, you are breaking the law. Everyone gets bullshit from the pax. All the college students try it. Everyone has done it. DONT ! The risks to you are far greater than one may think. 1) If you are stopped by the police and they see that you have overloaded your vehicle you will get a ticket. (probably more than one.) 2.) If you are in an accident and you have overloaded your vehicle you will be personally liable if anything happens to your car or your pax. No insurance company will honor your policy if they find that you were operating your vehicle illegally, especially your personal insurance. 3.) You will lose your job with Uber if you are caught. 4) The passengers are @@@@@@@@ and care NOTHING for you, they WON'T tip you and if you get yourself in a sticky situation, the pax will BAIL on you and point the finger at YOU! 5.) Intentionally breaking the law for financial gain - and then someone getting killed via accident = involuntary manslaughter. 6) There are UberXL & UberSUV drivers out there that are paying more - paying more for a vehicle, paying more for gasoline, paying more in commission - just for the privilege of babysitting these pax parties of 5 or more. If you take the ride illegally, you are hurting the XL driver that is sitting on the road waiting for that call. XL calls are fewer and farther -because the cheap ass pax won't upgrade and there are drivers out there who won't enforce the rules and go along with this. I know how hard it is to walk away from a fare, but just do it. When you get to the location, offer the pax your driver code for anyone that has not used Uber before. If they say that everyone has used Uber before - then remind them that they won't have any problem ordering another Uber then. Remember, it's less than a dollar a mile. Cheap ass bastards! Immediately ask who's going with you.. tell them to get in.. and go. If they can't get it together, cancel the ride and get out of there... It's just not worth it.

This. All this. Especially the part about giving out your code. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Lag Monkey

I hate when pax try and pull this crap! 1 star all day and a report to Uber. I never take more then 6 in my XL and when 8 or 7 try and argue I politely explain to them that everyone must have a seatbelt. Most are ok with it but if they continue I just let them know that this behavior can result in them loosing access to the uber platform and o don't want to report them. This always works. It's only ever the kids that try and pull this. Sometimes you just have to be the adult in the situation.

BKNY75

It's not even about being a dick. You're the king of your car just like you're the king of your castle. It's YOUR car. Not ubers, and not the pax, no matter how much they're paying you.

The pax are only deserving of three things.

1. Point A

2. Point B

3. Getting from one to the other safely.

Anything that makes you uncomfortable, is illegal, immoral , or you just don't feel like doing you have zero obligation to do. Remember, you're using YOUR car to do THEM a favor and they're paying you in return for that favor.

No matter how cool the passengers might be, these people are not your friends. Never forget that. They'll shit all over you as soon as they get the chance. They'll promise tips and leave you empty handed. They tell you how awesome of a driver you are and rate you 1 star. They'll ask you to break the law and point the finger at you when the cop pulls out his ticket book. They'll sue you when you get in a wreck, even if it's not your fault. To a lot them, especially the college kids, you're not even a person. You're just some loser with a car. Drive enough and all this becomes painfully true. You'll be surprised what those drunken little shits will say about you in the back of your car when they think you're not listening.

Expecting them to treat you and your car with respect doesn't make you a dick or anything else. And if anybody ever tells you any different tell them to go ahead and f*ck right off.

UberXTampa

No more people than available seat belts.

You are contradicting yourself suggesting we do not take more people while you do it.

There are serious liabilities for taking people more than allowed limit.

krytenTX

Since I drive a Suburban, I have seat belts for 7 passengers. Several times, when the PAX sees me arrive, they call all their friends to "hop in", even though they order and UberX instead of an UberXL. I just smile and say get in. When the ride is complete, I let Uber know there was more than 4 passengers, and they then change it to an XL ride. Problem solved.

Lag Monkey

When more then 4 hope in my shag wagon I let them know I'll half to switch it up XL if they want to take more then four. They usually say ok but sometimes they extra pep will get out. I feel like not telling them is slick and shitty thing to do. Most riders are good peps and arnt out to get you.