1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Student hails Uber for 2 strangers an gets slapped w/ cleaning fee and starts go-fund-me

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Oct 6, 2017.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    https://thetab.com/us/ohio-state/20...are-is-a-wild-ride-from-start-to-finish-10537

[​IMG]
    Two drunk girls puked in my Uber and I’ve been slapped with a $150 bill
    COLLEEN WUERTZ

They won’t answer my messages and blocked me on Facebook

An OSU student has started after ordering an Uber for two drunk strangers who repaid her by throwing up in the car.

Alyssa Wischmann, an Ohio State junior majoring in Social Work, was walking near campus with a friend when they came across two hammered sorority sisters who they decided to help home.

According to the summary on the GoFundMe page, aptly titled "Drunk Randos Who Barfed in the Uber", Alyssa and her friend Kimmy wanted to make sure the girls got home safe when the situation suddenly took a turn for the worse.

The story reads much like a WWE match or a scene from that one soap opera your mom watches:

"Last night I was walking on 4th with my dear friend Kimmy and we came across two very intoxicated women. We decided to walk them home to make sure they were OK. Drunk girl #1 proceeds to scream at more Drunk girl #2 and the two bicker and we had to de-escalate the situation (yay social work training)! Instead of walking home, Drunk girl #1 gets in her car and is about to start driving. I tell her that I am not letting her drive home because she is clearly inebriated and she proceeds to yell at me followed by me snatching her key.

"Drunk girl #2 gets out of the car and assaults me in the face and continues by dragging my hair to which my loyal friend Kimmy threw her off of me and hugged her until she calmed down. Drunk girl #1 realizes that I will not give her the keys back so she relaxes a bit. I ask her to order an Uber and she responds that she doesn't have the app and Drunk girl #2's phone is dead. Trying to be a better person than I have been lately, I decide I will Uber them home. I order the Uber, the two drunk girls get in the car, the end. Just kidding, I freaking wish.

"I get a call from Uber driver telling me I was about to have a $300 charge because Drunk girl #2 threw up in the Uber! Luckily, I find out that it was only a $150 charge along with the $14 Uber ride they took. So I literally don't even have $150 in my bank account right now, so if you support random acts of kindness, preventing drinking and driving situations, or my mental health and overall wellbeing, please consider donating $1 to this cause. If I get no money donated to me, I will probably revert to my old ways of being a snarky ****talker who doesn't do nice things because people suck. So please help me be optimistic and remember FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRINK AND DRIVE OR BARF IN UBERS."

If all that wasn't crazy enough, both girls gave Alyssa fake names and addresses. When she eventually tracked down Maddison and Peyton, the two vomiting girls, she messaged them on Facebook and was ignored, then blocked.

"It's honestly so messed up," Alyssa told The Tab. "I've also had random people reach out to me because the girl posted my note to her on Snapchat. I found out the girls' names and messaged them on Facebook and they both blocked me."

[​IMG]

One of the students posted a Snapchat mocking Alyssa's note, which read: "I have a $150 damage fee I can't afford from you two barfing in the Uber."

fb6394bed134a9ee526878613980e7441507323738724.jpeg

Luckily for Alyssa, her fundraising goal of $135 has already been met. Still no answer from Maddison and Peyton.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  2. Disgusted Driver

Disgusted Driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Let no good deed go unpunished!

You have to admire the naive dogooder attitude of these kids. They haven't been beated down by life yet and turned into cynical pricks. Give it a little time!!

Agent99, tucstwo, melusine3 and 12 others like this.
  3. Alison Chains

Alison Chains Member

Driving:
    UberX
    She's not going about it effectively. Most sororities have rules against being the hammered chick barfing in the back seat of an Uber after curfew. Mention the sorority by name and I know house mothers who will send those girls out to clean the car themselves and make them pay back the clean-up fee anyway.

4. heynow321

heynow321 Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of going on a date with a 20 year old a year or so ago...good god they're ****ing naive. They understand so little about the world yet think they know so much. highly irritating.

anyway. that driver is a sucker. do NOT let anyone that wasted get in your car and do NOT give rides to people who didn't request the ride.

X-X_Driver, melusine3, Santa and 6 others like this.
  5. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow Well-Known Member

she ordered an uber for two complete strangers who were rude to her AND so drunk that they were likely going to barf, they barfed, and she's complaining ?

Agent99, melusine3, Santa and 7 others like this.

6. EX_

EX_ Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    This is a major reason why i deliberately ignore pings with female names during the bar closing hours. Drunk women pax generally can't handle their liquor and have even less accountability when they do vomit in your car.

It is not worth the cleaning fee in just to deal with that nonsense.

7. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    And if your going to pay for a strangers ride home.. CALL THEM A TAXI!

Things that can happen.

A. (this)
    B. destination get's changes to somewhere ridiculously far away
    C. Goodbye good rating

Don't call uber's for people you barely know.. seriously!

melusine3, Santa, Bigsk8r and 4 others like this.
  8. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Playing do-gooder with minimal effort and no thought, zero personal responsibility from the drunks, and expecting others to pay for your mistake. My goodness... the worst of the millennial stereotypes lived up to in one story. It is cliche to bag on them but jeez if this ridiculous comedy of errors doesn't call for it! As an aside, some of the worst rides I have ever given were from do gooders buying a ride for a random. These rides should be screened and considered more carefully than almost any other you can take imho.

Pretty messed up they actually didn't have the tact to block out Alyssa's personal number as she did for their faces. That poor pretty girl is going to learn another hard lesson after she has to change her number in a week after all the pervs start calling.

*POP*
    Did you hear that? I think her idealism just died. Poor girl. Smh.

EX_, melusine3, Brandon0315 and 7 others like this.
  9. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    As someone who has gotten burned as a rookie cab driver thanks to people's being a do-gooder, this is precisely why I do not haul people that do-gooders try to give to me. Yes, I have vinyl covered seats and rubber floors in the cab, so a little Spray Nine, a little bleach, several rolls of paper towels and a little elbow grease and you would never know that anyone had ralphed, but still, I am out of business while the ralph is in the cab.

Dump jobs, do-gooder jobs always burn the driver.

I do, however, laugh to myself that thanks to Uber, the do-gooder's "helpful citizenship" can now blow up in the face of the do-gooder. There are other current events that apply here, but I will refrain from mentioning them, here. Ah, modern times............................................

Some people never did learn because until recently, few people ever have had to pay the price of their "helpful citizenship". Modern times and events now make paying for being a do-gooder the rule rather than the exception.

10. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Being financially responsible for two drunk college girls that you just met is good "work at being social"

11. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Oh to be young again...

And so full of vim and vigor...

And so naive...ready to help anyone...

And so much a sucker...and gullable...

That gets used...and abused...

And she got others to pay...

For her screw up...8>O

Sounds like a millenial to me...

Rakos
    10b4a3741f78eabb90b705eaf3b5328f--big-eyes-big-brown-eyes.jpg

12. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    How did she order 2 Ubers at the same time? Account, even if shared, can only be used for one ride at a time. Ride 2 couldn't be requested until Ride 1 was completed.

2Cents and tohunt4me like this.
  13. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Read the thread title again. One Uber, two pax and they both puked. You've heard of dueling banjos, well this was dueling pukers.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  14. UberLaLa

UberLaLa Well-Known Member

Put drunk people in an Uber...YOU RIDE WITH THEM...PERIOD.

15. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Or, what i do. Order an uber for them from their own phone.

On a related note; what are some great gofundme schemes. I to need free money.

Brandon0315 and tohunt4me like this.
  16. Uberyouber

Uberyouber Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20171008-234544.png Apparently it works. But it also helps if you are cute and blonde...

EX_, Santa, Cableguynoe and 5 others like this.
  17. Woohaa

Woohaa Well-Known Member

Mandatory.

tohunt4me likes this.
  18. htboston

htboston Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yum... very drunk intoxicated girls

tohunt4me likes this.
  19. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

This will be the start of her EDUCATION !

NO STUDENT LOANS !

Contenets of TWO STOMACHS EMPTIED ALL OVER YOUR BEAUTIFUL NEW CAR INTERRIOR FOR THE PRICE OF ONE !

Agent99, Santa, EX_ and 3 others like this.
  20. SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Oh, I didn't see the 2 for 1 coupon.

tohunt4me likes this.