Strikes are worthless!

Columbian Harem

The last strike did nothing. One day of news coverage and a trip for some union negotiators to have a photo shot with some local politicians? That doesn't increase my pay check! Only reason the strike was good because I made a killing that day. Airport had no UberX and no surge. Just waited out until the cheapskates at the airport finally couldn't wait any longer for an UberX and finally just upgraded to Select. They were begging for a ride. They of course were angry that their ride to Beverly Hills or Commerce was tripled but they paid nonetheless.

SanFranant

The last strike did nothing. One day of news coverage and a trip for some union negotiators to have a photo shot with some local politicians? That doesn't increase my pay check! Only reason the strike was good because I made a killing that day. Airport had no UberX and no surge. Just waited out until the cheapskates at the airport finally couldn't wait any longer for an UberX and finally just upgraded to Select. They were begging for a ride. They of course were angry that their ride to Beverly Hills or Commerce was tripled but they paid nonetheless.

Hope you crash today

Aerodrifting

Yeah because we all know change will come overnight. After Uber payed millions gathering the smartest mind to exploit drivers legally, You expect drivers can turn around the table with one day work? Change will come if you work for it, Over time. The strike is the first step in the correct direction.

If you are not a shill (new account hello), I bet you are one of those 300 lb fat lards thinking you will lose 50 lb in a month if you walk for 10 minutes every now and then.

Last edited:

k4ever

Yeah because we all know change will come overnight. After Uber payed millions gathering the smartest mind to exploit drivers legally, You expect drivers can turn around the table with one day work? Change will come if you work for it, Over time. The strike is the first step in the correct direction.

If you are not a shill (new account hello), I bet you are one of those 300 ft fat lards thinking you will lose 50 lb in a month if you walk for 10 minutes every now and then.
Dont feed the troll.

You are reinforcing this behavior by giving this kind of scumbags attention. Just ignore them.

Columbian Harem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope you crash today
Nice typical Uber mentality. This is why you will never be successful against Uber. Most people get into Uber part time and leave. Fulltimers are losers who can't do anything else and will cheat, short, and undercut each other every chance they get. Getting these types of people to unite together with an agenda is impossible.
Post automatically merged:

If you are not a shill (new account hello), I bet you are one of those 300 lb fat lards thinking you will lose 50 lb in a month if you walk for 10 minutes every now and then.
Taxi industry took years to get what they got all over the world. In the US Uber destroyed that. Now you are trying to reinvent the wheel and try to do what cabbies did almost 100 years ago. Combine the fact that autonomous cars will replace virtually all cab and livery services in large metros, it is pointless. Make what you can and get out. Your "fellow drivers" are not your comrades. There is no brotherhood in rideshare. Scammers in Mumbai slums have more trust among each other than rideshare drivers.

Carbuncle

Only when they’re staged in ineffectual locations. Shut down the GGB, BB, and/or Market St and you’ll definitely see progress made.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!

Columbian Harem

Only when they’re staged in ineffectual locations. Shut down the GGB, BB, and/or Market St and you’ll definitely see progress made.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!
For how long? Uber drivers are their own worst enemy. You will never be able to coordinate any action for more than 24 hours if that. In the US that is at least. Won't happen, with maybe exception to New York.

Carbuncle

Nice typical Uber mentality. This is why you will never be successful against Uber. Most people get into Uber part time and leave. Fulltimers are losers who can't do anything else and will cheat, short, and undercut each other every chance they get. Getting these types of people to unite together with an agenda is impossible.

Taxi industry took years to get what they got all over the world. In the US Uber destroyed that. Now you are trying to reinvent the wheel and try to do what cabbies did almost 100 years ago. Combine the fact that autonomous cars will replace virtually all cab and livery services in large metros, it is pointless. Make what you can and get out. Your "fellow drivers" are not your comrades. There is no brotherhood in rideshare. Scammers in Mumbai slums have more trust among each other than rideshare drivers.
Yo, brain trust! The Uber and Lyft platforms make it impossible for drivers to compete against one another.

And AV’s are decades away, especially in super challenging markets like LA.

For how long? Uber drivers are their own worst enemy. You will never be able to coordinate any action for more than 24 hours if that. In the US that is at least. Won't happen, with maybe exception to New York.
The consumer demand for the service is massive. Even when it was the same cost as a cab people used it.

The convenience and reliability are HUGE market factors.

DollarFree

Uber have spoken.

Another weekend New Member.

B8A4D6D0-1236-465B-9BC9-AFFF0A3186CA.jpeg

Subjugator

If a driver can't figure out how to make a right turn on red at lax, what makes you think autonomous vehicles will make it here.

Columbian Harem

Yo, brain trust! The Uber and Lyft platforms make it impossible for drivers to compete against one another.

And AV’s are decades away, especially in super challenging markets like LA.

The consumer demand for the service is massive. Even when it was the same cost as a cab people used it.

The convenience and reliability are HUGE market factors.
All drivers are your competitors. It over staturates the market. It is why the Select market is dead. Autonomous vehicles are only 25-30 years away. The interesting thing is that ALL reports are saying that they will replace taxis and rideshare drivers 100% in metros and most likely suburbs. While other industries a certain amount of people will survive automation, it seems that unless you become a mechanic, 100 percent of rideshare and cab drivers will lose their job. Therefore, it doesn't matter if it is 5 years, 10 years, 30 years, 100 years, a union is pointless. Even if 20% of drivers survive then I would say yeah, maybe a union would make sense. But when 100% of all cab and rideshare drivers will become obsolete what is the point of Spending years or decades establishing a rideshare union when it will only have years to function before it is obsolete.

I think that for a strike to work, it has to be indefinite. If we're striking for only one day, Uber doesn't have to do anything since the problem cures itself one day later.
Exactly! Having less than 20% of drivers in one city refusing to drive for one day is pointless.