Strike!!!

john1975

Right after Uber just bonused all of the tenured drivers. FFS they can't win.
Fake news. Plenty of real reasons to be pissed at Uber without making up ones. But plenty of tenured drivers on this forum alone. We all have a choice to not drive. Besides you do realize driver retention and replacing drivers is a huge problem. They wish to keep all the drivers they can. 5% is peanuts compared to driver replacement costs.

Last edited:

john1975

What is fake news?
You said Uber bounced a bunch of tenured drivers. I have not read anything to support this other than the usual disgruntled deactivated driver you occasionally see on here.
Post automatically merged:

Sounds interested
I do think we have to be organized against these companies if we want to get anything done. Especially now that both will be public. The problem is each market is different and it’s hard to compare. I didn’t even see Boston in the article.

Last edited:

cdm813

You said Uber bounced a bunch of tenured drivers. I have not read anything to support this other than the usual disgruntled deactivated driver you occasionally see on here.
You may be good at driving but not so much reading comprehension. BONUSED. As in given a bonus. Money, up to $10k. Maybe take off the contrarian-colored glasses?

UberMor

Uber is laughing at all of us. If for some reason a strike emerges here in Boston on Weds you’ll all be the first to go online when you see the subsequent surge on the slowest day of the week.

You want to hurt Uber. Which truthfully is more about upsetting PAX than lost money. Shut it down for the Monday A.M. commute.

Ubermakesmewet

The one way to actually hit Uber’s bottom line, just for the Boston area alone.

Contact everyone, get together somewhere, don’t go online then travel to the Surge areas.
Take pools in busy areas, cancel additional requests.
See rider payment details, Uber usually pays Drivers the difference costs. This happens generally on POOL.

..or just go offline and decline trips, then go offline repeat every hour
F8F6EF68-52CA-46E5-8BD4-39379818805C.jpeg

Hatianleo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If drivers actually go with this they'll loose a bunch of money for the day and I'll see how long this last. I planned on driving on Wednesday though

Ubermakesmewet

If drivers actually go with this they'll loose a bunch of money for the day and I'll see how long this last. I planned on driving on Wednesday though
Every Haitian ofcourse, no doubt Africans, Haitians and Dominicans, everyone who is not an American will be there trying to pick-up riders because they are the crowd Uber loves to see on the streets. Is been proven immigrants hold a large part of Uber drivers. They are not united and this is why Uber drivers trying to improve things for everyone cannot count on you guys. But you will benefit on things we do including the outcome of this strike. mind we are not the only city to strike that day!

BostonTaxiDriver

One article says to strike for 24 hours on Wednesday. And for the pax to follow suit.
But NYC plans only a two-hour morning rush hour strike?

When have pax cared about drivers when they can't even muster up a $1 tip for four riders? I can't -- and should not -- count on them. In most cases, we're all anonymous to them.

So does it go from 12 am to 12 am? Noon to noon? Who knows, right? Already it's a startling lack of communication, so how can it really succeed, in this best-case scenario tomorrow, with the one day we've all been waiting for, our Super Bowl, the ideal day for it to occur?

Subsequent strikes will likely be met with totally deaf ears and weariness from the public; tomorrow truly is the best and maybe only chance. But how cohesive is it really? Just 6-8 American cities plus London? Los Angeles (and San Francisco and San Diego?) just had a strike last month; the public is likely fatigued by all of this nonsense.

An older female pax the other day was surprised when I explained the strike, thinking drivers are quite happy with rideshare.

Goodellsux

Every Haitian ofcourse, no doubt Africans, Haitians and Dominicans, everyone who is not an American will be there trying to pick-up riders because they are the crowd Uber loves to see on the streets. Is been proven immigrants hold a large part of Uber drivers. They are not united and this is why Uber drivers trying to improve things for everyone cannot count on you guys. But you will benefit on things we do including the outcome of this strike. mind we are not the only city to strike that day!

“"The sweat of the drivers has built these companies, and built the profits”

Profits? What profits?

Felipe is not fully informed. The reason they are paying less is that they don’t have any profits.

Ubermakesmewet

“"The sweat of the drivers has built these companies, and built the profits”

Profits? What profits?

Felipe is not fully informed. The reason they are paying less is that they don’t have any profits.
Uber has in many ways never been about making profits right of the bat! Amazon didn’t make a profit until 2016. So mayor techs don’t actually record mayor profits at this early stages. Profits?? Uber is unafraid of increasingly showing investor large record losses, because they expect operating expenses to increase over the years by 200% or double, triple! Many huge investors passed on Amazon many years ago because they didn’t see the clear long term benefits the company had in those days. Now look! Amazon doesn’t even make profits of its eCommerce business but from other successes.

See Jeff Bezos’ huge take-over and bad-ass way of managing Amazon. Unlike, Travis Kalanick who was not and could never be the great leader Uber wanted, that’s why they ousted him as CEO in 2017. Better early than keep f-ing up! Am I right? The long term goal is what you need to see, these guys at Uber are risking and are willing to prove it!

john1975

There is definitely some traction regarding all day strike tomorrow. From what I’m seeing on social media I’d expect less demand than normal. I’m guessing most drivers will drive. I was planning on taking today off. I could work tonight instead.

john1975

Is anyone actually taking tomorrow off?
Yes I’m not driving tomorrow. It looks like this is gaining traction with passengers throughout social media. It’s only one day but I think it could have some impact.

Last edited: