Strike. This is bullshit.

I_Like_Spam

Uber is raping drivers by exploiting them and their cars. Strike!

Uber and Lyft should make $2 max per ride. &%[email protected]!* them. Last night Uber made $44 from me on ONE ride.

Considering the fact that Uber charges just 81 cents a mile to passengers, raking in $44 on a single trip would indicate a really long ride.

You should have probably negotiated your own price with the passenger after they got into your car, and just cancel Uber out of the deal all together.

Buddywannarideagain

Neither company brings in enough revenue to cover respective expenses.
They need the slash expenses, fire the overhead, cut the bonuses, think lean, raise rates, be fair to drivers and riders, layoff layoff layoff, grow organically, stop the billion dollar robot car fiasco, follow the law, stop harassing females, realize they don't own my damn car!

Last edited:

SEAL Team 5

Last night Uber made $44 from me on ONE ride.

They really made that money from the pax.

Using other people's property to make money is the smartest thing Uber does. They avoid all of those expenses, when the workers own the means of production.
The best quote I've ever heard about this business is "Uber has a fleet of over 400,000 cars without owning a single vehicle."

ShinyAndChrome

If you believe that I've got a bridge to sell to you
they are losing money because they throw it into stuff like marketing. There is no way their core business can't profit when merely bridging a customer to a driver and they make a few dollars each time.

I_Like_Spam

Spending too much is all. They slash jobs at their headquarters and stop with the robot cars and they've got their path to profitability.

Of course, they'll be other competitors by then and then it'll be like "Uber who?"

The Robot Cars give Uber cachet with the millennials, makes the whole Uber process "cutting edge" and the next big thing.

Its just a car service, a glorified, computerized cab company, without self driving vehicles in the pipeline.

shahid7380

There are clearly two kind of uber drivers outside one with full time tag who will never be happy with uber current business model.they use to make good money and have good living but all of sudden uber new pricing system throw them into a ditch.and now they think twice before even have a car wash whether do or not do . The second kind of drivers are very happy and you will see there reviews on this platform always positive for uber they work another full time job and make extra bucks for cigarettes.beer .gas etc etc.one thing uber loves part time drivers they don’t want full time drivers.full timers always have complaints and they hardly satisfied while part time keep working even if they end up $20 after expenses in 2-3hours.they always happy.its not going to change.so if you full timer don’t expect anything good from uber start to think about another job or another way of income.because sooner or later you have to do .

Oscar Levant

Neither company brings in enough revenue to cover respective expenses.

Nor do drivers. The solution is for the rate to be on par with what taxis charge ( who, long ago, figured out what it costs to operate and profit in the cab biz ) .

In San Diego, that would be $3 per mile. I would be happy with 60% of $3 per mile, and Uber and myself would both make money. Ridership would drop, but it would drop to it's true level. The level that exists now are people who would rent cars, or take buses, but are riding with Uber because it's now cheaper, that's an artificial customer base.

shahid7380

Uber is clearly on the route to be for part time drivers only who has permanent full time job some where else and with uber flexible hours they easily make some extra cash.if I have any other job I will be very happy to drive for uber and will never complain for uber low fares.but problem is some states in USA like new York majority of drivers are full time drivers they totally depend on this job now all of sudden they are not making money and being very expensive state those drivers are in real trouble.mist of them foes not have sufficientl skill to have any other job .they are forced to keep working these are those drivers who established uber in new York a first place now they feel like they are betray