Streaks

fairsailing

Now rare morning rush hour PT/surge in yesterday's rain that Lyft at least managed to crush at least 15 minutes early with a flash streak of 4 for $12. This morning with no rain, they are at it again, another flash streak 4 for $12, virtually guaranteeing a PT free rush. So Lyft would like me to replace my $50 PT payments yesterday morning with $12. Ahhh, no thanks.

bernynhel

Not sure what you are expecting anymore? High surges or PT when 1000s of ants are out chasing the Lyft weekly ride bonuses? Your expectations are high in these current conditions. I never did this in the summer but I can't imagine the demand is crazy high in the mornings with the nice weather.

I do my Lyft weekly rides and I combine them mostly with the added $3 or $4 ride streaks so per ride I am getting an extra 5-6 bucks. I make my own PT if they aren't going to give any. Combined with a decent amount of small tips I don't really need PT to make a good hourly. When my ride count is done for the week I turn off Lyft and go back to Uber. This week mine was 45 rides for $80.

It's not great by any means but it is what it is and hopefully it picks up again.

So as you can see the screenshot I can still hustle a decent hourly without PT at times when the streak bonuses are active which during those trips I was also getting an added $4 per. Outside of those I only give rides when PT is 100% or higher. Now if my ride count was much higher for the week I would have to lower my requirements. But at 45 I can still pick and choose.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaal

This is my first year/season driving so my opinion obviously takes a backseat to the vets, however the optimist in me would like to believe that once the newest drivers have hit their sign on bonuses, the college kids have gotten their travel, tuition, or drinking money, the sporadic parent who drives a couple hours everyday when they can...and realize gas prices and base compensation aren't really in alignment unless you're really really smart about it.

An educated guess says that would take a person about a months worth of driving. So by the end of june, I would expect some sort of equilibrium.

Again, this is my first summer, so maybe some vets can weigh in about summer demand and pt/surge, and what it's been like in the past without the quests or streaks or what have you.

Johnnyrock

It’s a whole new Rideshare now. What Vets think doesn’t matter. There was a Day not that long ago when you could make $500-$600 a day on the weekends. That ship sank! This is my 4th year and I don’t drive much anymore. For you new guys it’s better that you don’t know the old days. That’s what Uber and Lyft want! Best of luck to all of you.

Kaal

Of course your guy's opinion matters.

Summer demand is bound to be lower in a state like ours in comparison to the southern states simply because of weather conditions.

Can I walk half a mile or more in Mn summer to catch a bus? Yes, I would probably enjoy it coz I've been cooped up most of the winter. Would I enjoy that same walk in a place like houston..?

fairsailing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the sea change is that a year ago it felt like if drivers made more money, U/L made more money. So to that extent, we were aligned. Now it feels totally different, if drivers make less money, U/L makes more. So things like incentives and PT have shrunk dramatically and with them, driver income. It was the decoupling of U/L fees from driver pay that really codified this process that started at least a year ago.

They both want to IPO next year, and that will mean public books. But the business model is apparently so poor that they have to resort to lowering already low driver pay, often by attempting to dupe drivers. That more than anything shows just how sketchy the business model really is.

Last edited: