Streaks

fairsailing

Lyft must be having coverage problems. They are doing 3 ride streaks for $15; an hour in each morning and evening rush, all week.

First time I've seen this much advanced streak scheduling. Did everyone get these? I may actually work some of them. Of course, if widely distributed, bye bye PT, just like quests.

Screenshot_20180401-073056.png Screenshot_20180401-073309.png

Last edited:

Kaal

Last time I had streak bonuses available was about two weeks ago. I'm not sure if it's relevant but ive done 8 rides through Lyft this past week vs 60 for uber. Usually it's the other way around.

fairsailing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wasn't I the sucker. Couldn't even find 1 ride to start my streak this morning between 7 and 7:30am. Even sat at the U looking for a base fare. Three other cars drove to campus and disappeared. Lyft just keeps on giving.

Even though my streak window ended at 7:30am, I stayed available just to see when I would get my 1st ping of any kind, 40 minutes, at 7:45am, then 3 base rate pings in 5 minutes. I took small satisfaction in the automatic kick off after the third. I have better things to do with my time.

Last edited:

YukonDew

Couldn't even find 1 ride to start my streak this morning between 7 and 7:30am.
That is a bad sign.

I was out around 5:00 testing the waters. Had to take my son to school around 7:00 so I wasn't out long. Steady stream of 18+ minute pings as soon as I opened the app, followed by a 7 minute surge fair. I was thinking things might be turning around, finally. After my trip to MSP, I went north on 35 and went 20 minutes without a single request! Already looks like another duel platform week....

bernynhel

Lol Uber had a massive fake surge going on at 530 this morning. 5.5x all around campus and surrounding areas. 10 minutes later white as a ghost

YukonDew

Lol Uber had a massive fake surge going on at 530 this morning. 5.5x all around campus and surrounding areas. 10 minutes later white as a ghost
Yeah, I was pretty excited when I looked at the map initially - orange all over - after my run to MSP, I didn't see any metro surging. died incredibly fast...

AlexCom

That is a bad sign.

I was out around 5:00 testing the waters. Had to take my son to school around 7:00 so I wasn't out long. Steady stream of 18+ minute pings as soon as I opened the app, followed by a 7 minute surge fair. I was thinking things might be turning around, finally. After my trip to MSP, I went north on 35 and went 20 minutes without a single request! Already looks like another duel platform week....
Got a uber trip from MSP to uptown 10 minutes after drop off I realized that I forgot to turn Lyft off. 30 minutes with no request.

fairsailing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is no worder that Lyft started pinging me to ask if they could market to my contact list several weeks ago. They are now asking 3 or 4 times per week. No, no and no.

They are getting desperate. I think they have been pulling a lot of their rider spiffs over the last year to try and make money, and have been surprised at how much demand has tanked. Uptown used to always surge to 200% or so during morning rush, now not a peep with no cars in Uptown.

(Gave up on on the Monday 4 to 5pm after no offers for 20 minutes. I am not going to do 3 rides in 2 hours, if I am lucky, for $15 bonus. This was with some snow. What has happened to the business.)

Last edited: