Streak Bonus Scam

nosurgenodrive

So I decided to turn Lyft on because of a $15 streak bonus. I accept my first ride and drop them off and as soon as I drop them off, the app signs me out without my consent, therefore nullifying my streak bonus. So I took a chump Lyft ride for nothing. Of course the streak bonus was no longer active anymore also and was done for that hour.

Anybody else deal with this kind of garbage?

kingcorey321

Lyft does everything it can to cheat you .
Uber finally has some promo here. There very good . every ride min is 8 dollars . or uber eats .

IMMA DRIVER

So I decided to turn Lyft on because of a $15 streak bonus. I accept my first ride and drop them off and as soon as I drop them off, the app signs me out without my consent, therefore nullifying my streak bonus. So I took a chump Lyft ride for nothing. Of course the streak bonus was no longer active anymore also and was done for that hour.

I'm not sure if this was your case or not. But.... the app auto shuts off when you get into an area that you're not approved to drive. For example crossing state borders. If you're not approved to drive in another state the app will automatically Go Offline. It's just one example of why the app would Go offline without you doing anything.

Fusion_LUser

I do not like Lyft at all and until the other day I had not taken a Lyft ping for a long time. However Lyft sent me a $190 Guarantee for 15 rides. That along with a $16.00 for 11 ride challenge meant I will do $13.73 per ride (half of what I usually make per ride on Uber these days) but I decided I will take Lyft up on this challenge.

I took 7 scheduled dirt cheap minimum fare rides on Thursday then did 8 short rides on Friday. Lyft kept trying to throw long 45+ minute rides my way I declined those. I also declined about 4 rides that were over 20 minutes away. I *WANTED* the cheapest rides I could get so Lyft would lose money...

I ended up doing 15 rides for $107.09 ($7.13 average per ride)
Lyft had to pay $82.91 for the Earning Guarantee (Lyft lost about $6.60 per ride)

Overall I did $247 for 15 rides (what you see above, $23 in tips, $15 cancellation) in 10 hours ($24 average which is $10-$25 less than my Uber average) however about 3.5 of those hours was me just sitting at home with the app on waiting for the right cheap ride. Actual time driving for Lyft was 4 hour 17 minutes.

I stop taking rides the second I hit 15 rides.

Lyft offered me $605 for 48 rides this weekend. No thanks!

Cdub2k

That must’ve been an honest glitch. If they were really trying to fk you over they’d wait until you’re one ride away to sign you out.

Da Ub

That usually happens right before the last one. It’s Lyft saying that you for your support 😂

34-Methoxyzacko

That must’ve been an honest glitch. If they were really trying to fk you over they’d wait until you’re one ride away to sign you out.
No BS— as much as Lyft irritates the dog shiest out of me, I had a streak last year that was “$20 for 5” (dreadful, yes). As I was on the 4th leg of it, PULLING INTO the toll booth at the airport, they logged me off— asked the “How did Lyft perform for you today? 1/2/3/4/5”
...then I toggled it back online— I was still in the 4th leg. Those 5 rides ended up taking 3 hours (long trips, etc.) but since I never stopped... 🤷🏻
That was 07/25’ish of 2019. I haven’t run a streak on Lyft since. 😅