Straw Poll - How many hours do you drive a week?

Road Pilot

I came across a post today by an Uber Driver who claimed to work full time which he defined as 80 hours a week.

How many hours a week does the average Uber Driver spend on the road?

I spend 20 to 30 hours on the road.

How many hours a week does the average Uber Driver spend on record keeping and car maintenance?

I spend maybe two hours a week on record keeping and car maintenance.

SEAL Team 5

I came across a post today by an Uber Driver who claimed to work full time which he defined as 80 hours a week.

How many hours a week does the average Uber Driver spend on the road?

I spend 20 to 30 hours on the road.

How many hours a week does the average Uber Driver spend on record keeping and car maintenance?

I spend maybe two hours a week on record keeping and car maintenance.
Summer in Phoenix about 40 hours a week.
Waste Management Phoenix Open/Super Bowl week in Scottsdale about 20 hours a day.

Road Pilot

Summer in Phoenix about 40 hours a week.
Waste Management Phoenix Open/Super Bowl week in Scottsdale about 20 hours a day.

You stayed on the road 8 hours a day?

Do you take breaks?

Personally, my limit is 4 hours on the app and one hour driving home though I push it on occasion to seven hours but that only happens when I get a long distance fare at the end of my shift during rush hour (ugh)

SEAL Team 5

You stayed on the road 8 hours a day?

Do you take breaks?

Personally, my limit is 4 hours on the app and one hour driving home though I push it on occasion to seven hours but that only happens when I get a long distance fare at the end of my shift during rush hour (ugh)
Fare for hire has been my profession for the past 16 years. We are in the customer service industry, so if my customer wants to see the 1st group tee off at 7am and another customer wants to be picked up from Blue Martini at 2am that calls for a long day. But the money is well worth it.

Dback2004

5-10 hours per week on weekends, about every other week. Unless my other part-time weekend job is crazy busy which it has been lately (it pays better :biggrin:)

Road Pilot

Fare for hire has been my profession for the past 16 years. We are in the customer service industry, so if my customer wants to see the 1st group tee off at 7am and another customer wants to be picked up from Blue Martini at 2am that calls for a long day. But the money is well worth it.

good money but there must be a threshold to pain

how long can you drive before drifting off

are you ex-military?

probably makes all the difference in combat but this is civilian duty

SEAL Team 5

good money but there must be a threshold to pain

how long can you drive before drifting off

are you ex-military?

probably makes all the difference in combat but this is civilian duty
You learn to take cat naps. During the Open you usually have down time between 1 & 4. Early February here is beautiful, just find a shade tree, park under it and a nice 30 minute nap does wonders. Bring a cooler with some food and water. And what really keeps me going all week is the opportunity to make upwards of 8k. This spring we get The Final Four here. Think about this. Four colleges' alumni in town for a week with most likely the best weather in the nation. Money making opportunity for sure!!!!!

UberKevPA

2-3 hours on work days and maybe six hours on one of my days off. Perhaps 20-21 hours a week. Some of that time is also yard work, house cleaning or some other task I can walk away from if I get a ping.