Strange thing happened today

NOLA-Uber

I pick up a couple at Decatur and Canal and drive them to Camp and Common. I drop them off and slide the "Complete Trip" thing and it immediately acts as if I canceled the trip and a message comes up that say the trip was not long enough to complete the trip. I have to pick one of the options under the cancel heading such as "Do not charge rider", "Rider no show", "other". I picked other and that's it. The rider saw that the trip was canceled also and gives me a $5 bill for the ride because he knew I wasn't getting paid for it.
Has this happened to any of you guys?

That's happened to me once, on a similarly short trip. It's almost as if the system assumes that the rider changed their mind after you started driving, and asked you to let them out.

Annoying.

UberHippyChick

Yeah, it's happened to me, first started a few months ago. If you wait or drive for another minute you can end the trip and get paid. I like it because now if the rider is an ass and you want to cancel right after starting the trip you can do so without being rated.

NOLA-Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, it's happened to me, first started a few months ago. If you wait or drive for another minute you can end the trip and get paid. I like it because now if the rider is an ass and you want to cancel right after starting the trip you can do so without being rated.
That's true, but in most cases you're gonna be OK with the riders and you won't get paid for the trip. Good advice to continue driving another few blocks before ending the trip.

UberHippyChick

That's true, but in most cases you're gonna be OK with the riders and you won't get paid for the trip. Good advice to continue driving another few blocks before ending the trip.
When I emailed Uber they told me to do that if it occurs. So apparently they're cool with it. I'm sure as shit not ok with not getting paid because the trip was too short.

NOLA-Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
When I emailed Uber they told me to do that if it occurs. So apparently they're cool with it. I'm sure as shit not ok with not getting paid because the trip was too short.
Yep...That's what I'm thinking. Not gonna do a pickup and dropoff without getting paid. I'm gonna have to remember not to end the trip if it's a very short one.