• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Strange Night

Chris4455

So tonight was a weird night. I had my 1st puker. Luckily he was together enough to tell me I should pull over. So I did because nobody wants a nasty car. It was his 40th birthday so I had a water to give him to rinse his mouth and even gave him a piece of gum. Then we continued the ride in the meanwhile his wife who ordered the ride was nice and said he will be ok. So this happened two other times along the route which was a 20 mile ride. So thinking when dropoff came I was happy my car was still clean and he didn't have to use my plastic bag. However I was expecting a large tip for all the stops. At least $30. I ended up with a $6 tip.

Fuzzyelvis

So tonight was a weird night. I had my 1st puker. Luckily he was together enough to tell me I should pull over. So I did because nobody wants a nasty car. It was his 40th birthday so I had a water to give him to rinse his mouth and even gave him a piece of gum. Then we continued the ride in the meanwhile his wife who ordered the ride was nice and said he will be ok. So this happened two other times along the route which was a 20 mile ride. So thinking when dropoff came I was happy my car was still clean and he didn't have to use my plastic bag. However I was expecting a large tip for all the stops. At least $30. I ended up with a $6 tip.
Pax are @@@@@@@@. You're lucky you got any tip. I've had pax vomit in the bag I provided, tell me how great I am and not tip at all.

Christinebitg

I was expecting something much better with the title “strange night”. That’s just another night on the drunk shift.
Yeah, the least he could have done is something like

- two strippers were making out in his back seat
or
- his wife said she was going to blow his brother
or maybe
- the guy said he has a winning lottery ticket, and he's going to give him that for a tip. Because he doesn't want his wife to know where he was all night.

Just sayin'. LOL

mbd

You should be thrilled with the 6$ tip
Last week, took couple to steakhouse .. pick up location , Million dollar home, 15 min ride.. very nice couple... both said great ride and good conversation, he was a cyclist ( my vehicle value now at 4000$ now), and the guy says, expect a big tip ?
So few minutes later, tip arrives... $2?

R3drang3r

Good story, right to the end.

Then, "I ended up with a $6 tip".

WA WA WAAAAA?

LIsuberman

"All the way home he kept thanking me saying sorry for being a pain of a ride. I just expected more."
that's when you should have said - dont thank me, JUST OVER TIP ME !
ps after his first ralph in or out of the car - I would have ended the trip and thrown him out - that's why I only do morning rush hour for around 4-5 hours a day

O-Side Uber

Lesson learned! I can’t tell you how many stumbling drunks I pulled away from and cancelled on. Some enabling wives are sneaky with the “Weekend at Bernie’s” move , where they are able to make it look like he’s walking on his own and fool the driver. But don’t swipe start trip just yet!! THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE to make sure none of your passengers are ill. If a passenger looks out of it, bounce them...it’s not worth it. Tell them to wait until they sober up enough to ride in a stranger’s car.

As far as I’m concerned , these idiots are “drunk in public” which is a violation that lands a person in jail for the weekend. It’s not your responsibility and with U/L making drivers have a receipt for cleaning???? Hell no!! At least before , drivers could make some money off the puke ?, but now they would be lucky to break even after taking the car somewhere to be detailed.

peteyvavs

At
At least you didn’t have puke all over your car, count your blessings.