Stops at Taco Bell and McDonalds after the bars close

shirleyujest

Does any driver have any objection to stopping at Taco Bell or McDonalds for passengers after they leave bars late at night, when ride requests are at their highest? I find this kind of time and money wasting, 'cause the lines are bound to be really long.

BostonTaxiDriver

Thanks for responding.
I can understand why drivers don't want to do it, and many on the forum will reject it.

I do it for pax, as I'm a softy and don't put my foot down enough. Plus, those requests are relatively rare for me.

It's nice when they offer to buy me something, but I've usually just eaten and decline the offer.

ntcindetroit

Does any driver have any objection to stopping at Taco Bell or McDonalds for passengers after they leave bars late at night, when ride requests are at their highest? I find this kind of time and money wasting, 'cause the lines are bound to be really long.
Regardless whether the line is long or short, drivers should be fairly compensated for the time in line. The problem is drivers are not compensated fairly, so it was a losing proposal to stop at fast food joints w/o cash for time or opportunity cost.

Steven Ambrose

I don't stick around for bar closing. Ahhh..... the joys of being a part time driver.

ntcindetroit

If I'm in good mood, I tell riders "This car doesn't stop at cheap places".
If i'm not in a good mood, I give riders a tip. "Make your request a stop in the app."

shirleyujest

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't stick around for bar closing. Ahhh..... the joys of being a part time driver.
Just out of curiosity, what is the delineation between "part time" and "full time" Uber driving? It's not like we work in a factory or office, where that decision is made beforehand in writing. People ask me all the time whether I drive full or part time. The amount of time that I drive varies from week to week, based primarily on the amount of money I need for that week. And I never know how to respond.

Steven Ambrose

Just out of curiosity, what is the delineation between "part time" and "full time" Uber driving? It's not like we work in a factory or office, where that decision is made beforehand in writing. People ask me all the time whether I drive full or part time. The amount of time that I drive varies from week to week, based primarily on the amount of money I need for that week. And I never know how to respond.
Part time driving is driving less than 30 hours a week to me. I have a full time job and will not drive full time. There was one day this week that I barely drove for 3 hours and this was the day after the snow storm. I made $ 67 in Oakland County and was satisfied. A full time driver would keep going.
Post automatically merged:

Here is an example, for the week, I have only logged a little over 19 hours of driving for this week. A full time driver would have logged far more hours.

Attachments

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I think when they ask you this question what they really want to know is whether rideshare driving is your primary source of income. I have a day job which pays quite well, for example, but some weeks I have driven Uber well over 30 hours. I would not dare to consider Uber driving as my full-time job because the income is tiny compared to my day job.

ntcindetroit

A bright girl like you should know no one really cares how you answer the question. It was just an ice breaker to get you open the mouth. Bet it was a Q asked by guys. They see you as a female rather than an RS driver.