• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Stopping

vance1167

I check the plates everytime I see someone driving like an ass. 80% of the time, its Maryland drivers. My neighborhood too - driving super fast, running red lights, etc. Fortunately, VA cops will pull you over in an instant. This isnt DC, so dont think youre getting away with it.

NEVER turn right on red illegally because I see Arlington cops camp out for that all the time.

Jo3030

Wait, yall not serious are yall? Lumping bad drivers to one state? really?

Doubt. People that are bad drivers drive bad anywhere, I'm sure of it
Just personal experience.
I drive carefully.
The people I see driving like maniacs with the yellow sticker in back windshield are almost always Maryland drivers.
Also, the dirtier the license plate = the worse driver they are.

UberSolo

I check the plates everytime I see someone driving like an ass. 80% of the time, its Maryland drivers. My neighborhood too - driving super fast, running red lights, etc. Fortunately, VA cops will pull you over in an instant. This isnt DC, so dont think youre getting away with it.

NEVER turn right on red illegally because I see Arlington cops camp out for that all the time.
With all that "plate checking" u should consider a career in local law enforcement.

Too late, technology just replaced u

NITWITone

I'm a Maryland tags driver and yes I would agree that md drivers are bad but Virginia drivers make up their own rules while driving turn right or left from the middle lane not using turn signals stopping for no reason or stopping at a traffic signal(while it's still green but the walk counter is at 0) God for bid...I've live in dc for 50 years lived in Tenleytown that's my hood and everyone else can't drive so don't tell me your a city driver which your not! So stop complaining if someone forgets their 4 ways or dont no where to go. If you can drive without using a gps and if can get around and don't get lost then your a city driver!

Last edited:

tirebiter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personal experience man.
Now, I'm a VA driver, have been driving more and more in Maryland and realize that some of the things I'm noticing aren't an aberration.
I've driven a lot in my life, stopped counting 20 years ago after I made 1 Million miles.
Lots of highways and burb time, but also about 40 years in various big cities (NYC, Boston, DC, Philly, Baltimore).

There really is something to this "Maryland Driver" thing, and I've noticed it on MD-tagged drivers in Virginia as well as in PG. DC drivers in Virginia, too, but there are not that many of them

The Virginia drivers are bad in DC, mainly from being TOTALLY LOST all the time.
Uber drivers are the worst, as they are trying to work the app, too.
Most of the MD drivers in DC are worse, as they are both lost and aggressive.

I actually do not see very many DC drivers at all -- they are vastly outnumbered by taxis and foreign Ubers.

tdoes

These generalizations go both ways! Probably see more Md. Uber Drivers then VA drivers in DC because it has always been that way.
I'm a Md. driver but can drive comfortably in DC. VA and DC drivers suck when driving in MD! :smiles: VA drivers really suck when driving in DC! :smiles:

tdoes

I see a lot of Uber drivers pick up and drop off riders in middle of street like the OP said instead of dictating to the rider how you are going to pick them up safely by trying to move vehicle as close to the curb as possible and by using your flashers when necessary. I have to slow many riders down about approaching my vehicle while I'm moving to the curb! Many riders would have you do some dangerous things if you let them!

Reactions: MrX

tirebiter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe as a rule, only @@@@@@@@ cross state lines.
That would explain a lot...

Jo3030

Actually makes a lot of sense.
I hate driving in DC. I stay out of it if I can help it.
Makes sense, I used to hate driving it in my regular vehicle due to road imperfections.
So now that I drive Uber and Lyft, even w/ a better vehicle that doesn't feel the bumps, I still look like an amateur out there sometimes.

Nuke

MD drivers drive like maniacs and don't care about turn signals, VA drivers drive too unassertive and @@@ up the traffic all the time, they are the ones who block the left passing lane all the fukin time doing 55. Uber drivers, especially with newer license plates (tip: VA starts with VT*, DC starts with FH, MD starts with CS) are the worst. I avoid being behind them like a plague. They need to practice how to Drive a car first and then how to Drive a car in DC.
I am a VA driver, in VA I drive like in VA obeying all the rules and sht, in DC you gotta be little aggressive and expect the same from others, in MD you gotta drive like in MD, real aggressive lol and stay out of left lane unless doing 80+. VA drivers are so bad at this that VA implemented a new law recently and you can be fined $250 if you caught blocking the left lane fyi.

Last edited:

CantThrowCantCatch

WTF is wrong with all these Uber drivers downtown STOPPING AND SITTTING in the middle of the road or totally blocking the intersection!?!

FFS PULL THE F*#$K OVER AND NOT INTO THE DAMN INTERSECTION !!

They dont even use flashers...

$!×@*%÷+++++!!!!!!!
Yeah, more and more ppl don't use their turn signals/flashers at all. Must've been some changes in the driving laws over the last few years...

Hadoius

It's all that ain't from DC that are the bad drivers.. u think all these ppl wit DC tags from here naw

Maniac9090

I actually see a lot of VA drivers doing the stupid things in DC.

And yes, now that you mention it, a lot of them *are* Camrys!
Not a car person so never noticed before.
Also a fair number of SUVs doing stupid insane shit.
Drivers with SUV s be driving like 10mph.. especially the ones with the RAV4 and Honda Pilot.. the worse of the worse. Camry drivers are a different story.. always black African guys that you could see from far how they are struggling to see since they be wearing heavy winter jackets while driving.

UberSolo

Drivers with SUV s be driving like 10mph.. especially the ones with the RAV4 and Honda Pilot.. the worse of the worse. Camry drivers are a different story.. always black African guys that you could see from far how they are struggling to see since they be wearing heavy winter jackets while driving.
"they struggling to see since they be wearing heavy winter jackets" WOW, have a good day Professor

vance1167

Speeding vehicle killed a pedestrian in the crosswalk on U Street last night. You will never ever guess the state the driver was from! Color me shocked.