• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Stopping

Uberest

I saw an Uber flashing on Q st -- narrow -- holding up line of traffic... ...maybe 10 cars and a bus.....was a driveway not 20 ft away where he could have pulled in. Folks were not happy.

signfromthesky

MD plates,asian female uber driver,one way street,small car,2 empty spaces in front of her,5 cars waiting for her,but she was just like...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

tirebiter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I actually see a lot of VA drivers doing the stupid things in DC.

And yes, now that you mention it, a lot of them *are* Camrys!
Not a car person so never noticed before.
Also a fair number of SUVs doing stupid insane shit.

Bart McCoy

And always freaking MD drivers.
Definitely Maryland drivers.
The worst.
Wait, yall not serious are yall? Lumping bad drivers to one state? really?

Basically it's just the D.C. drivers that don't suck. We live here and have a greater interest in keeping our roads safe. MD/VA don't give a hoot.
Doubt. People that are bad drivers drive bad anywhere, I'm sure of it

dcfrau

Maybe, but they drive especially badly in the district. Every time I see a jack-a move downtown, it's ALWAYS someone with out-of-state tags, and often MD and VA.

UberSolo

no comprende
Triggered:
1. Getting filled with hate after seeing, hearing or experiencing something you can't stand.

2.An emotional/psychological reaction caused by something that somehow relates to an upsetting time or happening in someone's life. This reaction is often found to happen in war veterans, people suffering with PTSD, depression, and other" mental Uber disorders".

Hope we continue the Urban Driver Complaint thread. Like watching Hilary give a speech

tirebiter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Basically it's just the D.C. drivers that don't suck. We live here and have a greater interest in keeping our roads safe. MD/VA don't give a hoot.
At least some DC drivers suck, and I don't think anyone's motivation is the neighborhood.
I am sure the people I am complaining about drive like shit near their house, when they are not Ubering.

The problem is that the VA and MD drivers are (a) totally lost all the time and (b) don't know how to drive in a city.
(Plus of course, most people are incompetent drivers and assholes to begin with...)

Last edited:

Bart McCoy

Maybe, but they drive especially badly in the district. Every time I see a jack-a move downtown, it's ALWAYS someone with out-of-state tags, and often MD and VA.
Ah okay, so all DC drivers are expert drivers then

/sarcasm

dcfrau

No, but we actually know how to drive in the city because a.) it's our every day, and b.) we're more invested in keeping it safe. I imagine the MD/VA drivers drive similarly in their own 'hoods, but you have to be so much more careful in the district, and they're not.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
warsaw San Francisco 1
Z129 Lounge 6
W Toronto 34