• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Stopping for pax

ubering_it

Is it true that we cnt stop on double or single red routes no longer? Or yellow lines? So where the hell are we suppose to stop?

igor l

Taxi and Private Hire
Always display your licence and exemption sticker. Private hire vehicle owners will now be offered red route exemption stickers at the point of inspection. We will not, under any circumstances, issue a red route sign to an individual whose vehicle is not on site for a licensing inspection.

You can pick up and drop off passengers on most red routes as long as you display your private hire vehicle (PHV) license. It will tell police, CCTV operators and other road users that you're allowed to do this. It also means that you'll avoid receiving a penalty charge.

You can't stop on the parts of the red route with a wide red line, pedestrian crossings or zigzags.

Bus lanes
PHVs can also cross bus lanes to gain access to the kerbside to pick up or drop off passengers, but must leave the bus lane straight away.

In most cases, taxis are permitted to use bus lanes but licensed PHVs are not.

Dubs666

You can pick up and drop off passengers on most red routes as long as you display your private hire vehicle (PHV) license. It will tell police, CCTV operators and other road users that you're allowed to do this. It also means that you'll avoid receiving a penalty charge.
The above statement says as long as our phv license is on display which is the roundal so I don't get why we need the examption sticker .

igor l

The above statement says as long as our phv license is on display which is the roundal so I don't get why we need the examption sticker .
My car nearly everywhere, I use to stop .
Problems..... never had any.
Examption sticker never had one.

Dubs666

My car nearly everywhere, I use to stop .
Problems..... never had any.
Examption sticker never had one.
Same here never had one or a ticket for stopping to pick up or drop.
Just don't get why a examption sticker is needed If the above statement says the roundal is sufficient . It don't make sense

Ibz mneimneh

Always stopped on red routes to pick up Px never had any trouble or tickets... Without a exemption sticker and also my back window is fully tinted so nothing can be seen even if zoomed in.

HvyGear

Same here never had one or a ticket for stopping to pick up or drop.
Just don't get why a examption sticker is needed If the above statement says the roundal is sufficient . It don't make sense
Its cus bastard tfl dont make sense.

Amb

My AL stickers removed and told "it is not required" so wouldnt worry picking or dropping in bus lane but NOT on bus stop. Ealing, H&F, Westminster and Camden are the worst when utelising cctv cameras.