1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Stopping for pax

Discussion in 'London' started by ubering_it, Sep 13, 2015.

1. ubering_it

ubering_it Well-Known Member

Is it true that we cnt stop on double or single red routes no longer? Or yellow lines? So where the hell are we suppose to stop?

2. igor l

igor l Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Taxi and Private Hire
    Always display your licence and exemption sticker. Private hire vehicle owners will now be offered red route exemption stickers at the point of inspection. We will not, under any circumstances, issue a red route sign to an individual whose vehicle is not on site for a licensing inspection.

You can pick up and drop off passengers on most red routes as long as you display your private hire vehicle (PHV) license. It will tell police, CCTV operators and other road users that you're allowed to do this. It also means that you'll avoid receiving a penalty charge.

You can't stop on the parts of the red route with a wide red line, pedestrian crossings or zigzags.

Bus lanes
    PHVs can also cross bus lanes to gain access to the kerbside to pick up or drop off passengers, but must leave the bus lane straight away.

In most cases, taxis are permitted to use bus lanes but licensed PHVs are not.

3. Dubs666

Dubs666 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    The above statement says as long as our phv license is on display which is the roundal so I don't get why we need the examption sticker .

HvyGear likes this.
  4. igor l

igor l Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    My car nearly everywhere, I use to stop .
    Problems..... never had any.
    Examption sticker never had one.

Drive4fun likes this.
  5. Dubs666

Driving:
    UberX
    Same here never had one or a ticket for stopping to pick up or drop.
    Just don't get why a examption sticker is needed If the above statement says the roundal is sufficient . It don't make sense

6. igor l

igor l Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Maybe PHV sign is hard to see.

7. Dubs666

Driving:
    UberX
    Cameras can zoom in

8. Ibz mneimneh

Ibz mneimneh Active Member

Always stopped on red routes to pick up Px never had any trouble or tickets... Without a exemption sticker and also my back window is fully tinted so nothing can be seen even if zoomed in.

9. D1991

D1991 Well-Known Member

just dont do it in ealing council or hammersmith and fulham they are bastards

HvyGear, as1989LDN and UberGeezer like this.
  10. mohammad iusuf

mohammad iusuf Member

they might recocnize you as private hire by plate no.

11. HvyGear

HvyGear Well-Known Member

Its cus bastard tfl dont make sense.

12. Amb

Amb Active Member

My AL stickers removed and told "it is not required" so wouldnt worry picking or dropping in bus lane but NOT on bus stop. Ealing, H&F, Westminster and Camden are the worst when utelising cctv cameras.