• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Stopped recieving Uberpool requests without any sort of "opt-out"

Sfla415guy

Curious if this has happened to anyone else. I started keeping track 3 days ago, but started to take notice almost a week ago now.

I have not recieved a single Uberpool request yet I have not attempted to opt-out in any way. I have been thinking about it. Reading up on it quite a bit lately, and was very close to pulling the trigger and sending a request to opt-out . Then this week I just stopped receiving Uberpool requests.

Not sure if I somehow lucked out and mistakenly got put into the filter?. Crazy luck and coincidence? Anyone else experience this?

Since the new rider app was rolled out I assumed it would be the opposite. Though the number of riders mistakenly requesting pool because they are new to the app or visiting from a city that does not have uberpool, unaware that the old app defaulted to pool on the "slider" ,has decreased to none. (the confusion on people's faces when I start driving the wrong direction, stop randomly nowhere near their destination , or mention we are going to pickup "Bob" first, was somewhat amusing though)

sekani

Stop taking Pool pings and you won't get as many of them. Outside of the dead hours of 11am to 1pm, where Uber just sends me everything, Pool pings are extremely rare.

Tedgey

Stop taking Pool pings and you won't get as many of them. Outside of the dead hours of 11am to 1pm, where Uber just sends me everything, Pool pings are extremely rare.
I've found this to be generally true but you must remain vigilant because if you accidentally accept an UberShit ping, you'll be swimming in them for the next several weeks.

Sfla415guy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've found this to be generally true but you must remain vigilant because if you accidentally accept an UberShit ping, you'll be swimming in them for the next several weeks.
Over the last several months i have accepted way fewer pool requests, but have not stopped all together. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about not receiving pool, quite the opposite. Just curious how or why they stopped without any proactive attempt on my part.

Also , it used to be almost all pool for a while it seemed.

And by "trip count bonus program" do you mean the "complete 167 trips and recieve $15 this week" , then yes I recieve those but never pay attention to them.

Adieu

Over the last several months i have accepted way fewer pool requests, but have not stopped all together. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about not receiving pool, quite the opposite. Just curious how or why they stopped without any proactive attempt on my part.

Also , it used to be almost all pool for a while it seemed.

And by "trip count bonus program" do you mean the "complete 167 trips and recieve $15 this week" , then yes I recieve those but never pay attention to them.
Maybe their algorithm thinks youre grinding a ride count incentive that it considers HIGH...and doesnt want to make it "easy" via pool

Hopar

Curious if this has happened to anyone else. I started keeping track 3 days ago, but started to take notice almost a week ago now.

I have not recieved a single Uberpool request yet I have not attempted to opt-out in any way. I have been thinking about it. Reading up on it quite a bit lately, and was very close to pulling the trigger and sending a request to opt-out . Then this week I just stopped receiving Uberpool requests.

Not sure if I somehow lucked out and mistakenly got put into the filter?. Crazy luck and coincidence? Anyone else experience this?

Since the new rider app was rolled out I assumed it would be the opposite. Though the number of riders mistakenly requesting pool because they are new to the app or visiting from a city that does not have uberpool, unaware that the old app defaulted to pool on the "slider" ,has decreased to none. (the confusion on people's faces when I start driving the wrong direction, stop randomly nowhere near their destination , or mention we are going to pickup "Bob" first, was somewhat amusing though)

Same thing happened to me I stopped receiving Pool requests since Dec 1st. Did more than 40 trips not a single Pool request

Hopar

I hate taking Pool trips like everybody else but I was trying to do the 35 for $85 promotion and it took me freaking 9 hours to do 11 trips. The last 5 I was like I don't care no more went outside boost zone hoping for short trips just to get it over with. But I think I know why we don't get Pool trips Sfla415guy. If your interested let me know

Tedgey

I hate taking Pool trips like everybody else but I was trying to do the 35 for $85 promotion and it took me freaking 9 hours to do 11 trips. The last 5 I was like I don't care no more went outside boost zone hoping for short trips just to get it over with. But I think I know why we don't get Pool trips Sfla415guy. If your interested let me know
Of course we're interested. Why do you think we're reading this?

LA Dispatcher

I went about 8 weeks without pool. My app was glitching and didn't show boost zones or heatmap for 3 weeks. I complained constantly but they opted me back into pool when they fixed the glitch issue. If I take pool at a certain price, I would never and still never pickup the 2nd pax. I think this might trigger getting opted out since they lose money or make less if you do it constantly.

Hopar

Of course we're interested. Why do you think we're reading this?
This might not pertain to you since as I understand you are getting Pool requests but if you Sfla415guy goes to account there is is an option that says change under the car it should show two cars with his license plate one with his car with his license plate and the second one his car and it says Pool next to his license plate. If he switches to the one that says Pool next to license plate he will start getting both Pool and X and if he changed with the one with just his license plate he will get only X calls

Adieu

This might not pertain to you since as I understand you are getting Pool requests but if you Sfla415guy goes to account there is is an option that says change under the car it should show two cars with his license plate one with his car with his license plate and the second one his car and it says Pool next to his license plate. If he switches to the one that says Pool next to license plate he will start getting both Pool and X and if he changed with the one with just his license plate he will get only X calls
That's a switchable account, Select & XL style

Funny, they used to only do that for PREMIUM vehicle options and only if you pester em a few times

....is X a premium uber class now????

Hopar

I don't know they gave me all the BS excuses you can think of from my account is inactive to I need to provide "Extended Licensing History" but most of their responses were pre-written BS that didn't even make sense. Then the last rep told me to switch it the way I wrote previously

kay_

I've been noticing the same, I didn't get a single pool request all weekend when I worked. Prior to that, I was getting a couple pool requests last week but i had started to not accept them. Maybe that is why, but I'm not sure.