STOP TAKING MORE THAN 4 in an X!!!!!

wst1459

I WAS ASSAULTED TONIGHT FOR NOT TAKING 5 by drunk aggressive college boys claiming other drivers do it!!! Whoever does this is leading people to believe they are entitled to it!!! filed a police report and Uber rapid response team got involved. IF I SEE YOU DOING IT ILL TAKE PHOTO AND REPORT YOU! ( I see other drivers at frat houses etc and I see them taking more than 4 in an X.) Tonight at Ithaca College I saw a giant black truck with an Uber sticker on side. He had piled in tons of pax in open flatbed in the back!

Last edited:

nickd8775

I saw seven people get out of a compact SUV at a college campus, including the driver. 4 in the back seat and one in the trunk! Obviously the driver didn't even care about his own car as he allowed 6 of his friends to clown car.
So yes, those college kids don't care about overloading their own cars, let alone someone else's car.

Gwoae

I did it tonight. I have an xl but an x was ordered. It was a 2.5 surge so I let them put 5 into car bit at least it was a legal situation. I just didn't want to pass us the 2.5.

Spotscat

I've seen it as well - 5-6 passengers climb in an Altima and off they go.

I've also seen an Uber crew cab pickup with 6 in the cab, and another 6 riding in the bed. But, I also saw him get stopped by the University PD about three blocks after he made the pickup, and I haven't seen this vehicle since... so I'm thinking he got deactivated.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I did it tonight. I have an xl but an x was ordered. It was a 2.5 surge so I let them put 5 into car bit at least it was a legal situation. I just didn't want to pass us the 2.5.

Go back into the Trip and get Support to upgrade it from X to XL. Unless you fear pax retaliation and/or you had an agreement with pax that they wouldn't get charged more. Or you as satisfied with X + surge for that trip. I might be.

I WAS ASSAULTED TONIGHT FOR NOT TAKING 5 by drunk aggressive college boys claiming other drivers do it!!! Whoever does this is leading people to believe they are entitled to it!!! filed a police report and Uber rapid response team got involved. IF I SEE YOU DOING IT ILL TAKE PHOTO AND REPORT YOU! ( I see other drivers at frat houses etc and I see them taking more than 4 in an X.) Tonight at Ithaca College I saw a giant black truck with an Uber sticker on side. He had piled in tons of pax in open flatbed in the back!

This story makes me want to move back to NY (my birth state), change my Uber account to there, be friends with OP, and drive around SPECIFICALLY SO I CAN DENY THESE SELF ENTITLED BRATS SERVICE.

wst1459

You are ok doing it cuz you have an XL. Just change the rate after you drop them off to XL through this he app. It's the X cars that are causing the problem

I've seen it as well - 5-6 passengers climb in an Altima and off they go.

I've also seen an Uber crew cab pickup with 6 in the cab, and another 6 riding in the bed. But, I also saw him get stopped by the University PD about three blocks after he made the pickup, and I haven't seen this vehicle since... so I'm thinking he got deactivated.
This makes me happy. I told the cops when I filed the report what was going on with all this and told them about the black truck I've been seeing in Ithaca. The cops said they are going to now watch the Uber cars to see how many people they are carrying.

These paxholes would've stopped attempting it by now if drivers would've stopped along time ago. The riders faces when you say no looked shocked. Then there's always one that wants to be a smartasp and start running their mouth. For me it's a rider no show.
Yes. The one started it by calling me a c u n t and than it escalated FAST and others got involved screaming at me and coming at me.

MoreTips

Yes. The one started it by calling me a c u n t and than it escalated FAST and others got involved screaming at me and coming at me.

I'm sorry that happened to you it's such a ridiculous request for the pax to expect us to break the law and risk our live for them to save a few bucks.

I actually had 4pax get in let me start the ride then signal back to the house for their 4 other friends to come squeeze in. They told me I have to take them as I had started the trip, GTFOH. I was somehow the bad guy with them and Uber because I couldn't cancel the ride at that point only end it. So I spent the next few hours trying to explain the details. How frustrating, no cancel fee, I got cussed out, got a 1 star, and Uber scolding me for doing a trip without the rider. SMH.

NHDriver

I NEVER take more than 4 pax. Many posts on here. Part of their reaction is how you handle it tho. I just say No, No, No sorry guys too many. Happy to take to 4 but that's it. Just order another ride and meet them there. They will say anything to try and convince you. I say sorry guys/girls, car is not moving until you figure out who is in this car and who is in the next and just go silent. They always either all leave or figure it out. Worst I have had is doors slammed and one time (last weekend) someone punched my car. But out of the many times I have refused too many ppl thats been the worst of it. The one time it started to escalate, I just pointed to my dash cam and said. I have to upload my video every night and I will get deactivated when they see it and the account holder will lose his account. It got very quiet right then and they all left.

ShinyAndChrome

I bet a lot of drivers don't realize they are driving without insurance when taking too many for their seatbelts and in a crash they will be directly liable for injuries sustained.

Mars Troll Number 4

I worked UCF here in Orlando long enough before uber was a thing to know that they will try that crap l, all you can do is refuse them service (or limit them to 4 in the car) and every once in a while they will get pissed off.

Usually I would tell them I can take four and no more.

That's not really refusing them either, it's refusing to do anything stupid...

However with uber these damned entitled brats will downrate you for only letting a safe number in the car then your better off just completely refusing them service. Something I try very hard not to do in a taxi, but I'll do at the drop of a hat with scruber.

Merc7186

My god....put in for the upgrade and get $$$.

Igsfire

Where the he'll was this???