• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

stop sign ticket issued by military police

Inshur

unitxero

UBER Emp #2266971
If you're on road that's patrolled by the military sure. I know near Baruch college the military has some sort of depot there. They can enforce laws.

Hairytee

Military Police only have jurisdiction on military bases. They can’t give you a ticket on a public street which is outside their jurisdiction.

delaynomore

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you're on road that's patrolled by the military sure. I know near Baruch college the military has some sort of depot there. They can enforce laws.
guess my question is, are there points imposed as suppose to not stopping at a stop sign on city limits.

aluber1968

guess my question is, are there points imposed as suppose to not stopping at a stop sign on city limits.
Is it the same type of ticket as issued by nypd? What is the procedure for disputing it?
Post a picture of front and back. Cover up all your personal information

uberxnyc1

Military Police only have jurisdiction on military bases. They can’t give you a ticket on a public street which is outside their jurisdiction.
Just because he was outside of the base that doesn't mean op was outside of their jurisdiction.
Generally military police have agreement with the local law enforcement (usually around the base) to enforce the state code.
So if op's defences is based on "lacking the legal authority" , sure he can try that but it's (most likely) not going to work.

Last edited:

delaynomore

just an update, ..... There are no points involved because for new York they do not report moving violations. pay the fine and move on.. This happened on the grounds of a military base.

delaynomore

Dude... you were inside military base, didn't stop at the sign , got ticket by the legal authority and wtf were you expecting? Getting a medal from them?
it was dark and i didnt see the sign. i was hoping for a pass but oh well.