Stop Jumping over my seats!

nnglas

Can I cancel a driver for abusing my car? I drive a Chevy Traverse, with a 3rd row seat. I have passengers (usually college kids) how will try to fit 8, also, the frequently don't bother with letting the seat down to get to the 3rd row. They just want to climb in the the 3rd row seats. This pisses me off to no end. Its a fairly new car, 2017 and its very clean, Im sick of what I consider abuse of my car. When they do move the seats they rarely put them them back. I mean its like they were born in a barn. What happens if the next person just climbs all over my car? Can I ask them to get out?

TXqwi3812

Can I cancel a driver for abusing my car? I drive a Chevy Traverse, with a 3rd row seat. I have passengers (usually college kids) how will try to fit 8, also, the frequently don't bother with letting the seat down to get to the 3rd row. They just want to climb in the the 3rd row seats. This pisses me off to no end. Its a fairly new car, 2017 and its very clean, Im sick of what I consider abuse of my car. When they do move the seats they rarely put them them back. I mean its like they were born in a barn. What happens if the next person just climbs all over my car? Can I ask them to get out?
Don't let them in to begin with.

UberBeemer

Definitely don't allow more pax than you have seatbelts for. You should also insist they not climb over. You have to be stern. Tell them they need a second car if their party has more people, and tell them to open the seat or you will cancel.

Trafficat

I climb between my front and back seats all the time in my car. Is it causing damage to the seats?

rideshare2870

Now I see why people like minivans for this. I have a pass through in the middle so people can just hop in the third row without flipping my seats up. My Sienna is designed to be an 8-seater and I even got the anchor in the middle of the second row to add it in but I refuse to do it.

Last edited:

Bubsie

I climb between my front and back seats all the time in my car. Is it causing damage to the seats?
Presumably you arent stepping on your seats when moving to the back. Theres a space there. These are animals walking all over the second row to get to the third row. Seat covers prob needed for protection if you have a bench 2nd row instead of two buckets.

ZenUber

Yes, I have the traverse too, and the seats are a problem. They are difficult to move up, and the pax get inpatient and start climbing. Like a bunch of animals. In the beginning I always tried to get out and run around to move the seats for them, but I can never get there quick enough. So what do I do now is, when they’re getting in I tell them to use the top lever, then I twist around and pull the seats up for them. You have to be a contortionist. One night I was trying to push the seat back when the pax left them in the forward position. I wound up twisting a finger and pulling the tendon. Five dollar ride wound up costing me hundreds and doctor bills.

The Texan

My Pilot seats 8. I have taken 7 passengers several times too.

The first time, these young, thin, college girls jumped over the seats, etc. I didn't mind too much- they were hot too.

NOW, when I know I'll need the 3rd seat, I get out, or Sternly give directions about where the lever is on the right side of the right side seat that not only flips it down, but slides it forward so they can get their feet in too!

Doing that has been working well, and I get a lot of compliments on that!

grayspinner

As the first person is about to get in the back seat, I say 'WAIT - how many people?' and then I say, 'before you get in, you need to move the seat forward - there's a lever. No, not the strap - the lever. No, not like that - put the seat back up again. No, you WILL NOT climb over. Ok, the seats' back up, now is the lever right above the strap I said not to pull. There, now push from the back - the seat will roll forward. See, no one needs to clmb over anything. '

It's the only time I really prefer the young drunks - they've been in and out of 3rd row all their lives. It's the middle aged that cannot figure it out.

I make them put the seats back in place when they get out - there is no way I can reach it myself

ZenUber

As the first person is about to get in the back seat, I say 'WAIT - how many people?' and then I say, 'before you get in, you need to move the seat forward - there's a lever. No, not the strap - the lever. No, not like that - put the seat back up again. No, you WILL NOT climb over. Ok, the seats' back up, now is the lever right above the strap I said not to pull. There, now push from the back - the seat will roll forward. See, no one needs to clmb over anything. '

It's the only time I really prefer the young drunks - they've been in and out of 3rd row all their lives. It's the middle aged that cannot figure it out.

I make them put the seats back in place when they get out - there is no way I can reach it myself
Dam, did you plant a microphone in my car? It’s practically word for word. Lol

DustyToad

It’s probably the first time some of these kids have been told NO don’t do that.

Do you think their parents make them move the seat to get in the back of their vehicle?

NO.
They don’t because they #1 Wouldn’t think of saying anything with authority to their special snowflake kid. And #2 They don’t care. They’ll just be trading that vehicle in at the end of the year for another brand new one anyway.

When they do things like that to me I used to want to physically harm them for treating my stuff like a sidewalk. But I changed.
Now I want to get a hold of their parents and slap them around while asking them why they would raise such an inconsiderate generation of ingrates...
Why did you do that? (Smack) Why would you teach them that? (Slap slap) Why? (Backhand slap to the face)

Last edited:

ZenUber

It’s probably the first time some of these kids have been told NO don’t do that.

Do you think their parents make them move the seat to get in the back of their vehicle?

NO.
They don’t because they #1 Wouldn’t think of saying anything with authority to their special snowflake kid. And #2 They don’t care. They’ll just be trading that vehicle in at the end of the year for another brand new one anyway.

When they do things like that to me I used to want to physically harm them for treating my stuff like a sidewalk. But I changed.
Now I want to get a hold of their parents and slap them around while asking them why they would raise such an inconsiderate generation of ingrates...
Why did you do that? (Smack) Why would you teach them that? (Slap slap) Why? (Backhand slap to the face)
I’d like to drop them off at daycare for a time out and a nap.

TheDevilisaParttimer

I shuffle nearly all college kids. The morale of the story is empty seats don’t have ass prints, or dirt marks. Clean car.