Stop it!

lam11

One thing I am not sure most uber drivers understand. We are most like a franchise. Every time we refer a drive for whatever pay or reward we get, we are cutting into our own profit. Imagine being a franchise owner who helped your parent company start multiple new franchises identical to yours on your block? The parent company would do great but you would lose whatever reward you gained by the direct competition. Sure make 50 dollars but lose 500 that month to that other driver. A temporary boost to your check results in long term loss. Unless its a brand new city you are referring people to, STOP REFERRING DRIVERS> STOP KILLING THE GOOSE so you can get one egg more. Please help me spread the word.

Atom guy

I agree. Unless the person you refer is working in a different market or at different times than you do, you are only hurting yourself.

Bill Collector

That's why I only hand out referral cards to pax.. Although I've a feeling Uber is quietly eating my $5 fee because I've not received it in a while.

The Mollusk

gofry Has the gist of it.

You're never going to stop uber from flooding and over saturating your market with drivers. Whether it's done by referrals , tv, radio, Facebook , Twitter or just word of mouth , it's going to happen.

Your best bet would be to cash in anyway you could before your slice of the pie becomes untenable.

Going back to your goose analogy, it's a goose with a finite amount of time. You can either aid in killing it and get a piece of an egg, or you can sit back while 50 butchers work on it with a scalpel and you could get a few milliliters of the yolk.

tohunt4me

One thing I am not sure most uber drivers understand. We are most like a franchise. Every time we refer a drive for whatever pay or reward we get, we are cutting into our own profit. Imagine being a franchise owner who helped your parent company start multiple new franchises identical to yours on your block? The parent company would do great but you would lose whatever reward you gained by the direct competition. Sure make 50 dollars but lose 500 that month to that other driver. A temporary boost to your check results in long term loss. Unless its a brand new city you are referring people to, STOP REFERRING DRIVERS> STOP KILLING THE GOOSE so you can get one egg more. Please help me spread the word.
Uber is advertising around the clock on several t.V. networks that I have seen.

You just as soon get the $$$.

Those who will drive,will sign up with or without you.

Cash in.

Louisvilleuberguy

Agreed it's better to refer as many people as possible and take the 150. This way you can make the business profitable. Honestly get good at referring and just drive the very minimum and your profit will soar. Not many that you will refer will continue for any real length of time so this should be an income stream for a while.