Stop hitting on women

Lionslover

this is just a rant post,every night I hear of male Uber drivers hitting on women and acting creepy and making them uncomfortable.this is a job not a dating site and I'm sick of hearing this crap.i hope any of you idiots that do this get fired.it pisses me off because I need money and take this job seriously.

UberMaster78

You just need look at the scumbag that did it. Pretty much looks like the highest class Uber driver of ever year

Lionslover

You just need look at the scumbag that did it. Pretty much looks like the highest class Uber driver of ever year
I'm not talking about just him.ive talked to many women that this happens to on a regular basis,but not everyone agrees with my opinion and I have lots of respect for you.been driving probably longer then me and you served the country.

UberMaster78

I get exactly what you are saying and I agree with you.. Not a week goes by without a woman or group of women mention a creepy Uber or lyft person.. Usually doesn't speak much English either. But all we can do is be decent and respect boundaries etc and eventually the bad ones will get weeded out.

And respect goes both ways so thank you for your comment.

sthriftybroke

I had a girl the other night tell me a male driver had her sit up front then kept trying to touch her leg. I told her next time it happens she needs to complain to uber.

On the other hand, I was sexually harassed by a pax earlier that same night and it just as terribly awful.

vesolehome

I've heard that complaint from women for two years. I know it's not the norm but it's common enough to where we all hear it. Too many creeps driving I guess.

On the other hand, I'm still waiting to get hit on by a hot pax. Heck, I'd even take an offer for just a kiss. :biggrin: Lol

NHDriver

I agree that happens and I hear it too. However, when I am told that I ask,, That just not right, what did he say? Sometimes the complaint is just someone looking for attention or being a drama queen. Some of the answers I have heard when I ask what the driver said is. are you meeting your husband or bf, you look like you a ready to break some hearts tonite, I bet the boys were buying you drinks all nite. All be it, not professional questions but certainly not hitting on the women. IMO anyway.

vesolehome

I agree that happens and I hear it too. However, when I am told that I ask,, That just not right, what did he say? Sometimes the complaint is just someone looking for attention or being a drama queen. Some of the answers I have heard when I ask what the driver said is. are you meeting your husband or bf, you look like you a ready to break some hearts tonite, I bet the boys were buying you drinks all nite. All be it, not professional questions but certainly not hitting on the women. IMO anyway.
True. I too ask what happened and have heard everything from "are you shaved" to "you look great". Telling someone they look great isn't bad but in today's day, can't say that in an office environment either. Best to not say anything about appearance.

NHDriver

True. I too ask what happened and have heard everything from "are you shaved" to "you look great". Telling someone they look great isn't bad but in today's day, can't say that in an office environment either. Best to not say anything about appearance.
lol @ are you shaved? WTF?????? who asks that?

vesolehome

lol @ are you shaved? WTF?????? who asks that?
That's what she said...however, I picked her up. She was 20's, dressed provocative and was leaving a suburban house as a 50 something man waved good bye with the destination being in a less desirable location. If that driver had a similar pick up with her, there could be reason for curiosity. Still, not worth guessing lol

NHDriver

LOL doesn't matter! I have driven hookers, call girls and stippers. I still would never ask that. Besides I fear they have a knife or mace and would use it if say the wrong thing lol. The strippers are the most talkative and the nicest and almost always tip. The others not so much! Still I keep it professional.

Disgusted Driver

I agree, it's s not a dating service. I'm fortunate, have the grandpa thing going on so they usually feel comfortable with me and we are more likely than not to have a good convo especially when I tell them about my fiancee. Puts them at ease and dramatically reduces the likelihood of drama. The things they share with me though, I could see why some guys mighty be emboldened to try.

vesolehome

LOL doesn't matter! I have driven hookers, call girls and stippers. I still would never ask that. Besides I fear they have a knife or mace and would use it if say the wrong thing lol. The strippers are the most talkative and the nicest and almost always tip. The others not so much! Still I keep it professional.
100% agree. And I've taken a few strippers too. They are great conversation. They talk about what it's like great stories and it's never sexual talk. The better drivers will keep it professional.

Dj Howard

I had two women pax last night and, the both of them went on and on with each other about how good they are in bed.

They then asked me if I "last longer than a couple of minutes" and "have I ever had any complaints". I just went on to talk about how bad the roads were. A lot of women aren't as innocent as they make themselves out to be.

Also, I drive a stick (manual transmission) so, if there's just one woman approaching my car, I try to encourage them to sit in the back. The last thing I'd want is for one of them to assume I'm trying to touch them when I'm only trying to shift gears lol

NHDriver

I agree, it's s not a dating service. I'm fortunate, have the grandpa thing going on so they usually feel comfortable with me and we are more likely than not to have a good convo especially when I tell them about my fiancee. Puts them at ease and dramatically reduces the likelihood of drama. The things they share with me though, I could see why some guys mighty be emboldened to try.
Same here with the Dad thing going on. Often times my two daughters will come in a conversation based on them asking me about driving and family. When they ask how old are your daughters I say one is about your age one is a few years older, the walls come down and they relax. And you are right, once they relax the convo can go in a direction you want to avoid as professionally as you can.

UberMaster78

I've heard that complaint from women for two years. I know it's not the norm but it's common enough to where we all hear it. Too many creeps driving I guess.

On the other hand, I'm still waiting to get hit on by a hot pax. Heck, I'd even take an offer for just a kiss. :biggrin: Lol
Lmfao. Smartass! Like the one at the Palace last night.