STOP GIVING OUT WATER AND TREATS

uberist

I will never give out water and treats, this is BS it's like your trying to buy the pax love. STOP IT!
Uber was once a really good thing for drivers the whole product was different and the consumers using uber were different.
The PAX now are a whole different crowd as are the drivers it appears.

Uber tells you its a good idea to pass out all this crap and continue to lower driver rates, if uber's my partner where do I pick up their share of crap to hand out?

Forget that, Every single driver should just stop handing crap out.

Last edited:

joffie

My ratings actually increased since i stopped offering a few months ago.

No one cares about that B/S anymore. The worst is when I used to offer and 4 stupid young people going on a short trip took all 4 waters.

Never again!! (I do carry but only on long surge trips)

tohunt4me

I will never give out water and treats, this is BS it's like your trying to buy the pax love. STOP IT!
Uber was once a really good thing for drivers the whole product was different and the consumers using uber were different.

Uber tells you its a good idea to pass out all this crap and continue to lower driver rates, if uber's my partner where do I pick up their share of crap to hand out?

Forget that Every single driver should just stop handing crap out.
I have never given out water.

I give out a mint from time to time when I feel like offering them.

nash801

You mean when they stink?

The other day 3 smelly runners got in my car and begged for water.
I gave them 3 of mine. They didn't say thanks.

Stray cat

I don't carry or offer water to pax. Many enterprising hood rats here sell cold water from traffic islands. I was at one such red light last week. I asked my rear seat pax if she or her child would like a water from the shilling dude outside? She declined and we proceeded to their destination.

Oscarthegrouch

No water, no candy, I never have and never will. Pax leave enough trash in my car as it is, I'm not handing out more crap for them to leave behind. No tissues either, I especially don't want your snot rags left in my car. The only extra I provide is a puke bucket, in which I'm happy to say has never been used.

BmoreDriver

I'm glad somebody said this. I've only been driving for 3 weeks now and have been reading all the "Give stellar service by having water and mints ready". No. Uber is a cheap enough ride as it is I don't have to offer water and make it even cheaper. I don't get tips anyway. If I make 10% in tips it was a damn good night. Has a cabbie ever offered you water? No. Did you tip him/her? Yes. When I started this job I assumed that I might get tipped like a cabbie. Not even close. Why should I bend over backwards and hand out water and mints? Will I get a tip? No.
I have 55 tips on Lyft and a solid 5 stars. 72 trips on Uber and 4.8 stars. I feel like I'm doing something right and I will not chase after tips.

SomeDrivingGuy

I always give out water, mints, candy, chips, sandwiches, coloring books and crayons, then I have a menu posted on my back seats. I usually have some tiramisu in my glove box and about 12 tv dinners in a hotbox powered through an electric socket. I sell the dinners for $9 each. I do have napkins and forks and they can eat along the way.

I usually cancel runs with large amounts of luggage. I generate $30-80 in tips. Some days I bring my ps4 and connect to my rear display. Other days I have one tablet running a movie and another to stream music through my radio.

Someone stole my remote three times and uber won't reimburse me. Someone even stole a game! The ungrateful fools.

I keep a fridge strapped to the top to carry beer. One day it popped open and my car reeked of beer.

I make about $40 per day after investing around $200 per day, this is before gas and taxes. I put in only 48 hours a week.

Reversoul

Forget that Every single driver should just stop handing crap out.
Don't concern yourself with how other drivers run their business. If they want to give out water, candy, and happy endings it's their decision.

Personally, I don't give out freebies, but I don't care if other drivers do.

And don't give me that weak argument that they make the rest of us look bad. It's every man for themselves.

It's war.

uberist

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't concern yourself with how other drivers run their business. If they want to give out water, candy, and happy endings it's their decision.

Personally, I don't give out freebies, but I don't care if other drivers do.

And don't give me that weak argument that they make the rest of us look bad. It's every man for themselves.

It's war.
Don't concern yourself with others post, if I want to recommend or advise people against freebies its my business.

Your every man for himself statement is BS and has no merit, it's not like riders see a list drivers and freebies they hand out, then choose which driver they want, it makes ZERO difference to your ability to get riders or the amount of money you would make on the trip, and don't give me that it encourages tipping argument, because it doesn't, tippers tip anyway, cheap basterds think "damn just scored freebies for nothing and recuped part of my fare".

Give the pax a safe ride from a to b in a clean car is all you need to do.

New drivers need to know it's a waste of time and their money and in the end they will have the same average 4.8 +/- rating as every other driver freebies or not.

Citronbull

I always give out water, mints, candy, chips, sandwiches, coloring books and crayons, then I have a menu posted on my back seats. I usually have some tiramisu in my glove box and about 12 tv dinners in a hotbox powered through an electric socket. I sell the dinners for $9 each. I do have napkins and forks and they can eat along the way.

I usually cancel runs with large amounts of luggage. I generate $30-80 in tips. Some days I bring my ps4 and connect to my rear display. Other days I have one tablet running a movie and another to stream music through my radio.

Someone stole my remote three times and uber won't reimburse me. Someone even stole a game! The ungrateful fools.

I keep a fridge strapped to the top to carry beer. One day it popped open and my car reeked of beer.

I make about $40 per day after investing around $200 per day, this is before gas and taxes. I put in only 48 hours a week.
Don't ever stop

Another Uber Driver

Has a cabbie ever offered you water? No. Did you tip him/her? Yes.
I have water, gum and Starburst. I have it in the cab or the UberX car, depending on what I am driving that day. I do not offer it. If they ask for candy, I pull out the bag of Starburst. If they ask for gum, I pull out the pack of gum. If they see the water and ask for it, I tell them to take it. I do not alert them to it. Only once or twice have UberX passengers asked for water or candy. Several Uber Taxi passengers have.

LGBNEWBIEDRIVER

I used to offer water , gum , candy , kleenex , handwipes and even aspirin. When NO ONE SAID THANK YOU OR OFFERED A TIP ......I did'nt bother . On top of that water bottles and wrappers were always left on the floor or tucked into my seat. I even found chewed gum on my floor....I still have these things tucked away and if a PAX is nice and I feel like I offering it I do...but it is basically on a PAX by PAX basis...