Inshur

Stop fake surge

I know not what I do

Title says it all guys.
When will uber wise up and bring in good old days constant surge zones 123.
Big respect to local office all muslims took off the holy holidays there.

T7000

As long as drivers keep referring new drivers
and constantly drive around with their uber driver app Online, you will never see a surge.

MrPoober

and constantly drive around with their uber driver app Online, you will never see a surge.
Chasing surge like hounds chasing the fox and then accusing BC's about rip-off pricing.
Lmfao.
The Uber driver's hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Last edited:

Spy & Mash

Surge is like...

You run to it with a promise of higher earnings only to be engulfed by a thick, false and misty cloud of hope that leaves a bad taste in the back of your mouth and feelings of humiliation and dejection.
And you keep doing it time after time after time.

#headlesschickens

T7000

Chasing surge like hounds chasing the fox and then accusing BC's about rip-off pricing.
Lmfao.
The Uber driver's hypocrisy knows no bounds.
1. The app induces surge in order to attract more drivers to meet the high demand in a certain area and it saves riders from waiting longer
2. The app notifies the rider that there is high demand and a surge in pricing before the request is initiated, so the rider makes the choice whether or not to accept the surge price or wait until the surge has ended.
3. The app also has a feature to alert the rider when the surge has ended if they decide to wait.
and even then surges don't appear very often and when they do, they don't last for long.
Whereas, your pricing is expensive 24/7 365!
So the rider has a CHOICE, they're not forced to accept a surge price, they could always take a TAXI instead, but they would rather wait and take an Uber when the surge has ended and that says it all!

MrPoober

1. The app induces surge in order to attract more drivers to meet the high demand in a certain area and it saves riders from waiting longer
2. The app notifies the rider that there is high demand and a surge in pricing before the request is initiated, so the rider makes the choice whether or not to pay the surge price or wait until the surge has ended.
3. The app also has a feature to alert the rider when the surge has ended if they decide to wait.
and even then surges don't appear very often and when they do, they don't last for long.
Whereas, your pricing is expensive 24/7 365!
So the rider has a CHOICE, they're not forced to pay a surge price, they could always take a TAXI instead, but they would rather wait and take an Uber when the surge has ended and that says it all!
We know how it works thanks and we've read how it's a con.
What says it all is you've just said they'll wait till surge ends, this equals cheapskates, like we keep telling you. You are just cheapos lad.
All this from the Uber driver who only does surge. Now, I wonder why, could it have anything to do with slave rates on normal fare. Of course it does. Jog on.

T7000

We know how it works thanks and we've read how it's a con.
What says it all is you've just said they'll wait till surge ends, this equals cheapskates, like we keep telling you. You are just cheapos lad.
All this from the Uber driver who only does surge. Now, I wonder why, could it have anything to do with slave rates on normal fare. Of course it does. Jog on.
Cheapskates ? lol, then family members of TAXI drivers must be cheapskates, because i've driven a few of them around too :biggrin:
You wonder why i chase surge ? lol
I think we've got another Betty here :biggrin:

MrPoober

Cheapskates ? lol, then family members of TAXI drivers must be cheapskates, because i've drive a few of them around too :biggrin:
You wonder why i chase surge ? lol
I think we've got another Betty here :biggrin:
Taz used to tell us he carried BC drivers and their families about too and guess what, nobody believed him either.loool.
The "wonder" part was sarcasm, the lowest form of wit I know but I have to keep remembering who I'm dealing with here.

-JR-

Pre-Uber, standard minicab rates worked out around £3 per mile (distance only, no time component) which is between 1.7x - 1.9x surge in today's money.

All drivers have to do is log off their driver app and open their rider app (which will help the algorithm push the demand odds in our favour).

Problem is the MAJORITY of Uber's clientele are not ex-BC users.

They are not even ex-Minicab users.

80% of UberX users are ex-Bus/Tube and expect to pay peanuts.

So, even if there was some way to educate the 96% of newbies that drive around with the app on hoovering up all the UberPoop, Man&Van and non-surge trips, there simply will not be enough work for 40,000 drivers in London alone.

Uber knows its clientele's expectations (anywhere for a fiver) which is why they have kept the fares sooo low.

It's a parasite that has devalued this industry and allowed cheapskates to be chauffeured about at 1980s rates.

Even if that were forgivable, its initial preaching that the tip is included and the expectation of free water and the ability to dictate the music and the skewed rating system are certainly not.

The standards of PH have been razed to the ground due to Uber being solely interested in their 20-25% risk free cut.

T7000

Pre-Uber, standard minicab rates worked out around £3 per mile (distance only, no time component) which is between 1.7x - 1.9x surge in today's money.

All drivers have to do is log off their driver app and open their rider app (which will help the algorithm push the demand odds in our favour).

So, even if there was some way to educate all the 96% of newbies that drive around with the app on hoovering up all the UberPoop, Man&Van and non-surge trips, there simply will not be enough work for 40,000 drivers in London alone.

Uber knows its clientele's expectations (anywhere for a fiver) which is why they have kept the fares sooo low.

It's a parasite that has devalued this industry and allowed cheapskates to be chauffeured about at 1980s rates.

Even if that were forgivable, its initial preaching that the tip is included and the expectation of free water and the ability to dictate the music and the skewed rating system are certainly not.

The standards of PH have been razed to the ground due to Uber being solely interested in their 20-25% risk free cut.
Yes, you're right but whats the alternative ?, work mandatory 12 hr shifts and be given the crap work because you're not one of the controllers favourites ?
I think the freedom to work your own hours and the choice to start and finish whenever you want is what has attracted drivers to Uber, not to mention not having to deal with a biased controller with an attitude problem.
Obviously the earning potential is still there with Uber hence their popularity.

MrPoober

So, even if there was some way to educate the 96% of newbies that drive around with the app on hoovering up all the UberPoop, Man&Van and non-surge trips, there simply will not be enough work for 40,000 drivers in London alone.

In a nutshell.

T7000

Taz used to tell us he carried BC drivers and their families about too and guess what, nobody believed him either.loool.
The "wonder" part was sarcasm, the lowest form of wit I know but I have to keep remembering who I'm dealing with here.
I'm merely providing the facts, whether or not you believe it, is your problem, not mine.

-JR-

Yes, you're right but whats the alternative ?, work mandatory 12 hr shifts and be given the crap work because you're not one of the controllers favourites ?
I think the freedom to work your own hours and the choice to start and finish whenever you want is what has attracted drivers to Uber, not to mention not having to deal with a biased controller with an attitude problem.
Obviously the earning potential is still there with Uber hence their popularity.

The only alternative is to unionise but that won't happen.

The turnover of drivers is huge.

One day VERY soon, there will be a massive road traffic incident and several innocents will lose their lives.

An investigation will be carried out and it will be discovered that an Uber driver was not only at fault but that he/she had been consecutively logged onto the app for 30+ hours.

Then and ONLY then will the government step in.

The same working regulations that apply to bus drivers (enforced break after 5.5 hours driving and maximum driving time of 10 hours per day etc etc) should also apply to PH or at the very least Uber should have a duty of care to its passengers even it doesnt give two hoots about its drivers.

Last edited:

T7000

Not a problem to me, I just don't believe you.
Not my problem that you're paranoid and you think i'm someone called Taz.

The only alternative is to unionise but that won't happen.

The turnover of drivers is huge.

One day VERY soon, there will be a massive road traffic incident and several innocents will lose their lives.

An investigation will be carried out and it will be discovered that an Uber driver was not only at fault but that he/she had been consecutively logged onto the app for 30+ hours.

Then and ONLY then will the government step in.

The same working regulations that apply to bus drivers (enforced break after 5.5 hours driving and maximum driving time of 10 hours per day etc etc) should also apply to PH or at the very least Uber should have a duty of care to its passengers if even it doesnt give two hoots about its drivers.
I agree with a Union, but not sure how that will be established.
Don't quote me, but i've heard that the Uber app will not allow you to be logged on continuously beyond a specified number of hours
I personally wouldn't know because i'm not a workaholic and i don't work long hours.

Spy & Mash

Don't quote me, but i've heard that the Uber app will not allow you to be logged on continuously beyond a specified number of hours
I personally wouldn't know because i'm not a workaholic and i don't work long hours.
So your another member of the 'gullible squad' who thinks they can make money driving for Uber part-time.

#youhaventgotaclue

MrPoober

Nah, there's only one person foolish enough, but now he's gone there seem to be a few clones willing to step straight into his shoes.