1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

stop driving now

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Uber Dog, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Uber Dog

Uber Dog

uber sucks

was dropping off a rider when another car hit my car

other driver was totally at fault but uber would not fight for their own driver

uber is paying the claim less $1000 deductible

no rental car

no lost wages

nothing

admit it - uber is slave labor

work all night to make $100

gas and mileage cost $50 so income is below minimum wage

2. Next time solve it with the other driver's insurance, Uber's insurance should only be last resort.

3. Uber Dog

Uber Dog

fred loya insurance which has an F rating with BBB decided not to pay

uber did not even put up a fight

what insurance does not provide a rental car and lost wages - slave owner uber

tohunt4me and Whataburrito like this.
  4. GreatWhiteHope

GreatWhiteHope

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Slave labor? Go out there and get something better for yourself

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. Uber Dog

Uber Dog

i am retired and live in a million dollar house

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2018
    Whataburrito likes this.
  6. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Third party insurance. That's who does not provide a rental car and lost wages. That's what Uber has had all along. You probably should have researched this before you started driving fare for hire. But don't feel bad, you're not the first and you definitely won't be the last that finds out the hard way.

7. Risab1981

Risab1981

Every Insurance policy, ever. Those are premium services you Add On to your policy and cost money. Insurance gives you Liability/Comprehensive coverage.

Uninsured Motorist
    Gap
    Towing
    Rental Car (real world costs, above some ridiculous low amount, some policies may offer)

These things aren't free. If your policy has them "included", you're getting ripped off on your premium.

Dammit Mazzacane and tohunt4me like this.
  8. There is no such thing as an insurance not paying for your claim, if you werent at fault and a police report exists any lawyer would go to town on that case and make you fake injury to juice up the claim for them, you could have even asked your own insurance to help you sue them, Uber probably did but you were foolish enough to pay for it, like I said, only use them when it's out of your hands.

So_cal_909760, MoreTips and Ezridax like this.
  9. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    Noticed you said you live in a million dollar home not own a million dollar home. Subtle but distinct difference.

#SquatterLivesMatter

NorCalPhil, Mista T, ftupelo and 9 others like this.
  10. All of them lol

Mista T and tohunt4me like this.
  11. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    Im retired too and live in a much more modest home, but I own mine. If you are saying you don’t need this gig good for you. But it dosent say anything about your intelligence level

But even a dumbass like me took the time to research this rideshare thing before i started driving You should have too. If you did yknown what your relationship to Uber was and just what their insurance covered, before you did your first ride or at least after your first week on these boards

Regarding insurance, you may have had better luck had you purchased a rideshare policy from your own insurance company. Again you would have known this before you did your first ride had you done some research

Everything we do in life involves some risk, driving, whether for Uber or just going out for groceries more than most things we do. We take steps to mitagate those risks, like looking both ways before we cross the street and understanding our insurance coverage before we pick up our first passenger

You can put your Mercedes on the platform and drive it if you need to keep driving to make those rent payments on you home

Mista T and SKuber like this.
  12. I’m sorry you are going through this.

However, things like rental cars and lost wages are definitely not standard for ANY insurance. Uber’s lack of those things does not make them slave drivers If it truly was the other party’s fault (by legal standards), they can’t just NOT pay. You should have sued them.

If someone is 100% at fault for an accident, you’re not supposed to pay any deductible or have your insurance pay anything. It’s all supposed to go through the at-fault party’s insurance—up to their maximum payout.

13. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    You're not a slave if you have the freedom of choice to work or not work for a particular organization.

14. Lee239

Lee239

It's an analogy and a figure of speech. they don't mean you are literally shackled or forced to pick cotton 16 hours a day with no means of escape and not free to quit.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  15. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Rental car is an option i have on my policy. Uber insurance is just a supplement. Talk to your agent/agency. You can't expect much from this supplement other than it covering their liability exposure.

That said, years ago i was hit by an uninsured motorist. I filed a police report and claimed on my policy. My insurance company went after the dude and got a settlement. I got my deductible back and a little more.

MarkR and mrpjfresh like this.
  16. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    Nothing says you can't sue the guy that hit you, in small claims court, for your deductible. What the insurance company says means just about nil.

You should really know this stuff.

dauction, UberBastid, Mista T and 6 others like this.
  17. mikes424

mikes424

Did the car that hit have have insurance? If so, file a claim with that insurance company.

Or if you have collision on your car go through yout insurance.

If not, you are SOL. Only choice would be to sue the other driver.

tohunt4me likes this.
  18. Bbonez

Bbonez

If the other driver was truly at fault their insurance will cover your rental car and you will have no deductible. Uber will not hold your hand during the process but they also cannot stop you from collecting from the at fault party.

tohunt4me and mrpjfresh like this.
  19. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh

Driving:
    UberX
    Something here doesn't quite add up. If true, I think certain details are being omitted. Perhaps he was illegally dropping off and things are not as black and white as stated. Was there a police report filed? Besides, if you really are that "cash poor and house rich" that you need to drive Uber (!), consider a reverse mortgage instead or if you don't own, downsize and reevaluate.

The worst outcomes with Uber come when drivers get into a situation where they have to drive for them and "work all night just to get $100".

tohunt4me likes this.
  20. Me too. I can't drive tonight because I'm counting my money stacks right now. I put them in bags that have the $ thing on it. I put them in wheel barrows and bury it all over the estate. So I'm with you all the way brother! I got your back.

tohunt4me and mrpjfresh like this.