1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Stop asking pax preffered route!!

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by MR5STAR, Jun 2, 2015.

1. brendon292

brendon292 Well-Known Member

I don't ask PAX if they have a preferred route.

At the beginning of the trip I say "I'm going to follow the GPS, is that okay with you?". I've literally never had anybody say no.

If I'm approaching their drop off location and it is in an unfamiliar community, I'll accept directions. PAX usually know the best routes in their own neighborhood.

2. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I'm not in some psychological power struggle with my pax. I could care less of they think I'm "weak". My ratings are fine, weak or not.

3. crazy916

crazy916 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Last night I picked up a pax and was taking him the basketball game. I work across the street from the arena for my day job and explained to him that if I circle around on the freeway we can avoid most of the traffic downtown caused by the game. Once I told him this he looked at me and said I trust your judgment. Got him there and he complimented the route that while slightly longer allowed for less time in traffic and said he would make sure other drivers took that route.

LevittownPa likes this.