1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Stop asking pax preffered route!!

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by MR5STAR, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Of course they are, they're freakin PEDESTRIANS, TOO DRUNK TO DRIVE,OR BOTH

2. Greguzzi

Greguzzi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I always ask. Many passengers really appreciate it. Some tell me great routes I never would have found otherwise. I also ask when we are a few blocks aways if they have a favorite place they like to get out, and they seem to really appreciate that, too. My ratings have risen slightly or stayed stable. I think it is a mistake to not ask, but do whatever you like.

3. William1964

William1964 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I agree but I do it on specific routes.

Do you prefer the expressway or looking at the skyline along Lake Shore Dr.

I've gotten so many compliments and taking Lakeshore Drive North or South over the expressway.

People also enjoy Lower Wacker Drive.

4. Skyblue6

Skyblue6 Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Is there a way to rig google maps or waze or whatever map to show u the most "direct" route rather than the shortest/fastest?

5. Greguzzi

Greguzzi Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    In Waze, you can choose between the fastest route and the shortest route in the settings. In Google Maps, it will typically show at least two choices of routes, with the fastest route being highlighted in blue and with gray alternative routes noted along with information on how much more time that route will add on.

6. LevittownPa

LevittownPa Active Member

Like that, might use it some day

7. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Direct as in minimal turns?

Would sure be nice

8. Reversoul

Reversoul Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Shocker...I disagree with you yet again.

First thing I do when the rider enters my vehicle is greet him/her and confirm address. Then I ask if they have a preferred route or should I just follow GPS.

Most pax thank me for asking and they usually just tell me to follow GPS. I think it eliminates any potential issues or complaints. They can't say I'm trying to take a longer route to increase the fare. I think it makes female riders feel more at ease too.

Once that short conversation is complete, I can drive in silence without seeming aloof.

Why does it matter which route you take anyway? If their preferred route is longer we make more money. Isn't that the point?

If not asking the paying customer their preferred route gives you a sense of control, then you might have a deep void in your life.

9. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Exactly! Except that there's zero chance that they will choose a more efficient route, and the longer the route (in either time or distance or both) the more we get paid. But other than that, exactly!

10. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

I like really good answers that also contain passive aggresive insults. They make my heart smile.

Sacto Burbs likes this.
  11. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    They can also say that you went commando with only a raincoat on, did lines at intersections, made smalltalk with your wang in an extremely reverential tone, and yelled at pax to have some respect when they tried to speak up.

NOBODY is forcing them to be truthful

12. Reversoul

Driving:
    UberXL
    In any case, out of 1000+ rides I've had maybe 3 or 4 jackasses try to micromanage the route to destination.

2 of which eventually got ejected because they got belligerent when I refused step by step backseat directions.

Another rider lasted about 15 seconds because he wouldn't enter a destination. I left him standing by the curb. He was such a moron that I considered circling back around the parking lot just so my car could splash him with a street puddle.

13. LevittownPa

Good move Tbone!! How do you cancel a ride before yo pick up the pax? I've asked this question several times and yet to get an answer. Even to Lyft and Uber. Do we just start and drop off right after each other? Thx in advance

14. Reversoul

Driving:
    UberXL
    You're talking highly unlikely hypotheticals that really don't justify a response, but fine I'll bite.

If that unlikely scenario were to occur. I would show the law enforcement the feed of my vehicle dash cam. I save all of my recorded video on SD cards.

So there's that...

15. Mattio41

Mattio41 Well-Known Member

Depending in what the destination is, I pick up the PAX and then pull over to a safe location. I then scroll through the directions real fast in the GPS to make sure it makes sense to me. If it is questionable, I will advise the PAX that this is the suggested route. If they want me to alter course, I do so. Or if I know a better route, I advise then before taking it.

It is really not that difficult. Make sure everybody is aware and than carry on..

Reversoul likes this.
  16. UberXking

UberXking Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you're uncomfortable for any reason you can pull over anywhere there is enough room for the pax to exit your vehicle safely.
    I once had pax switch another while he seemed to be on an important phone call and didn't realize until I was on the on ramp. If you complete the trip you earn nothing. Pulling over on the freeway and asking politely for pax to exit is the smart thing to do.

17. stephan

stephan Active Member

Yes bro , I used to do but you lose money, gps choose the fastest route but more miles ,I never ask preferred route

18. stephan

stephan Active Member

If you kick someone, it's not smart asking a pax ,please can you get off. U car, either you ask him or her get out the car ,or nicely trips l trickle, oh pfff my car broke sorry.

19. LevittownPa

Have never taken a pax over a toll bridge in paying direction, but have emailed to get my return toll covered by both left and uber

20. UberwithDan

UberwithDan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have had way too many challenges on fares, so I always give the option, pretty much no one asks for a different route and when they try to contest it I can honestly say I gave them the option.