Stop accepting pool

ubernortheast

Nooo! Don't stop accepting them. I won't get my $3 ride! Every time I've requested requested pool I've gotten a driver...... Who's upbeat and cheery making nothing.

I know it stinks for you as a driver but put yourself in a riders shoe you would most likely do the exact same thing you would choose pool.

I however tip a few bucks because I know what a crap job it is. I've done it. I actually feel really bad for X drivers now and you need the tip as much as the guy begging on the side of the road. I'd rather a lower price to uber and more tip money to the driver.

When I was driving I would be more inclined to take a pool trip if I knew there was an option for a tip. The fact uber doesn't encourage it frosts me.

ubernortheast

pool complainers are the ones with the sob story. Not me.

why would I choose X in the morning when it clearly shows $3.00 pool - $19.65 X to Fll airport and I've got time to deal with stops?

Should I select X just to put a smile on some drivers face by me paying more? Is that your reason behind me taking X?
No I'll select pool.

ChortlingCrison

why would I choose X in the morning when it clearly shows $3.00 pool - $19.65 X to Fll airport and I've got time to deal with stops?

Should I select X just to put a smile on some drivers face by me paying more? Is that your reason behind me taking X?
No I'll select pool.
Well soon there will a be joke that says" What do you call an uberXpool waiting passenger? ...... Stranded.
You Xpool passengers can't have it both ways. You want the reduced pricing of uberXpool, but whine when having to share
the ride with another pax. Get over yourselves.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

No I'll select pool.

Uber chick in miami

Yes, people seem to forget so easily the 50-100 cab rides. But Uber setting these low fares are the true problem getting people used to these ridiculous prices. After working Uber for a few months, you realize how people are so ungrateful. Cheap bastards. You would think that if you worked for uber in the past, you would be more considerate with the drivers. But no, some people are just @@@@@@@@.

IsleDrive

Seeing a pool ping from over 20 minutes away always makes my day. Eventually when they (and pool drivers) start to value their time as much as i do things will begin to change.
Exactly the few of us who DO NOT ACCEPT POOL are trying to bring about a change and we're encouraging other drivers to do the same!

I get a kick out of watching other drivers accept my ignored POOL ping. It's even better when multiple POOL pings are from the same PAX.
The drivers who do POOL are usually the same ones telling me their horror stories about the PAX when next we chat. One driver argued that I will soon be deactivated for my low acceptance rating. I just laughed and remembered sometimes people don't want change they just want to complain.

rembrandt

It is sometimes so quite even in the hot spots that all you get is pool requests. There will be drivers who would have no option but to accept the pool request when they are left waiting for hours high and dry.

Close observation shows that Uber ride request distribution system has all sort of shady algorithms that prioritizes one group of drivers over other for whatever reason regardless of the proximity. One group receives requests only if the other group is not in the proximity or if the requests are ignored.

4-WARNED

There will be drivers who would have no option but to accept the pool request when they are left waiting for hours high and dry.
There's always an option. 600+ trips and only 1 (yes one!) was a pool, and that was by pure accident because the phone was in my hands when the request came. Sure, there are dry spells and i'm less busy overall, but i simply refuse to drive a stranger around for 75c per mile when every one else i transport pays 85. Basically if you are ok with 75c per mile then it really doesnt matter if its pool or X, regardless of how often you choose to accept it. And I'll have no sympathy for anyone that complains when uber sends out that email saying they're cutting the uberX rate to 75 with the promise that we'll make more money because we'd be busier. You all already know how that story goes. And it's just a matter of time because so many people are showing uber that the 75c rate is still acceptable. By accepting pool.