Uber Drivers Forum banner

Stolen riders

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Thomas T 
#1 ·
Hey Portland drivers. I just learned something directly from Uber representatives that some fellow drivers don't seem to understand or know. In Portland we are not allowed to do curbside hails (pickups)/cold calls. If you do and get caught it's a thousand dollar fine and you'll get booted from the system. A couple of times I've seen my passenger get into another Uber/Lyft car. One lady even got into the closest Uber without cancelling her previous ride. I swear if I see one of you pull this again, I WILL take photos of your car and license plate and plate which actually isn't illegal. You make us all look bad doing this

#2 ·
Sigh, you do know the difference between a street hail and what your describing right? I always ask names, so many idiot drivers do not, and just have the person hop in, and drop off. That is NOT A STREET HAIL! A street hail is you stopping for someone who did not request you, them getting in, and asking you to take them somewhere. Now if someone flags me down, and before they get in requests me through the app, well there is nothing they can say against that. Ive had more than plenty of people ask if i have a rider, i say no, so if they request they may get me, they do, and then get in my car. They are more afraid of people taking people for cash, outside of the app and not be covered by the insurance. Not only that, if you wrongly report someone, its your rear thats going to get taken out of the system. Passengers can be stupid, and not pay attention to what cars they are getting into. Ive driven downtown when not ont he platform, and had people try getting into my car.

#6 ·
I'm confused, if they are already in your car and you accepted the ride, how is the app letting them request another ride, etc? And another thing, isn't it somewhat random when it comes to who gets the ride regardless how close you are to the person? Like just because someone is standing RIGHT NEXT to my car and I'm "online", and they request a ride, isn't it random to say maybe another driver who could be 1/2 mile away, etc??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.