Stimulus Checks-Get Your Payment

ABQuber

So, someone made a good point above...is it based on your gross or your annual gross income?

I have it going to a wrong address so I basically have to stalk my old house waiting for the mailman those days.

I am going to try talking to the new renters
You can do an official change of address online with the post office for $1.05. I read in one article or another that is what the IRS is recommending, to have an up to date address with USPS. Or you can just have it forwarded from that old address if you know it’s going there.

If it was just for this stimulus I wouldn’t worry obviously, since it’s already been mailed or it’d take too long to update. My thinking was for the second round stimulus checks, just in case those do happen. Better safe than sorry.

EDIT: To answer the other question, it seems they must be going off AGI. I’ve seen a lot of Uber drivers here post they are getting it mailed on the 24th and since most full time drivers AGI is less than $10k, this would make sense.

tryingforthat5star

I was told the reason some can't get a status is because if you owed taxes and used Turbo Tax they did not take down your direct deposit info. Makes actual sense to me.

dirtylee

Whoo, looks like I will be getting a paper check end of may. I know the irs has my real address due to all that lovely mail they send demanding collection.

ldriva

I FINALLY was able to put my information in today. I’m self employed along with being a Uber driver. My income is nonexistent at this point thanks to the industry I work in. Fortunately, I already live with family who has been helping and I was able to defer some bills. We thank God that I’ll get my stimulus check next week because for the bills I do have to pay in May I was going to tell those creditors “PAYMENT STATUS NOT AVAILABLE!”

ABQuber

I was told the reason some can't get a status is because if you owed taxes and used Turbo Tax they did not take down your direct deposit info. Makes actual sense to me.
I used HR Block online free software and I owed. Didn’t make a payment but scheduled it to come out of my bank on 7/15/20. Been getting “Payment status not Available” since 4/15. Today it finally let me in and accepted my bank info.

Said no update is available on when or how it’s coming yet, but since they only update it once a day, I’m hoping it’ll tell me tomorrow.

I have to assume they fixed this as part of their maintenance they are announcing over these 3 days.

MissAnne

My Get My Payment status hasn’t changed in over a week since I gave them my direct deposit info.... WTF?? Any else not getting updates??

moJohoJo

So I was receiving the same message today. I believe the site says status is updated once per day. I had my brother who worked at a warehouse and barber shop check his status and it said he qualified and the money would be direct deposited to his account.

Might be fuc%ed as rideshare drivers. Or it's just me.
May 11th and I still have not gotten a penny . Even after writing the Dept. of Treasury 4 times . Still nothing .I filed and paid my taxes . Still nothing !!

_justjosh

May 11th and I still have not gotten a penny . Even after writing the Dept. of Treasury 4 times . Still nothing .I filed and paid my taxes . Still nothing !!
I just received my check on friday. And then received my california PuA card on saturday.