Stimulus Check

aspacepig

So, I haven't yet received 1200 from the IRS.

I've been trying that damned Stimulus Check Status tool only to be told nothing.

And if you usually pay your 1099 in April and not quarterly like you're supposed to, and the IRS doesnt send you a refund, and you pay them, this information might be useful for you in getting your Trump bucks.

As I usually do, when all else fails, I read the manual. And on looking further down that page, I found a link for non-filers, assuming before that this was only for people who don't usually file taxes. However, on closer inspection it also mentions non 2019 filers.

If you don't usually file a tax return, submit your information here
to get the Economic Impact Payment
If you receive veterans disability compensation, a pension, or survivor benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or your income level does not require you to file a tax return, then you need to submit information to the IRS to receive an Economic Impact Payment.

Complete this free online form so that the IRS can identify you and your dependents, and receive valid direct deposit and address information about you. This information allows the IRS to calculate your eligibility and send you the Economic Impact Payment.

Do NOT continue here if:

• You receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement, or SSDI benefits. The IRS will automatically send you an Economic Impact Payment.
  • You have already filed a 2019 federal income tax return.
  • Your 2019 gross income exceeded $12,200 ($24,400 for a married couple) or other reasons require you to file a 2019 federal tax return.
  • You were married at the end of 2019 and are not submitting information here with your spouse.
  • You were not a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident in 2019.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here (link in the blue button on that page will take you to freefillableforms, where this info is displayed)

As I have not yet filed my 2019 taxes and I completed the forms and am now waiting for an email from the IRS to say whether they've accepted my 'filing'.

Nowhere was it mentioned in the media that one would have to do this. On the top of the Status tool page it says, if you've filed 2018 or 2019, you're good. Which isnt that case.

You need to fill that form (linked above) out if you haven't yet filed 2019.

Last edited:

Captainfantasitc SG8

I've been trying that damned Stimulus Check Status tool only to be told nothing.

And if you usually pay your 1099 in April and not quarterly like you're supposed to, and the IRS doesnt send you a refund, and you pay them, this information might be useful for you in getting your Trump bucks.

As I usually do, when all else fails, I read the manual. And on looking further down that page, I found a link for non-filers, assuming before that this was only for people who don't usually file taxes. However, on closer inspection it also mentions non 2019 filers.

If you receive veterans disability compensation, a pension, or survivor benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs, or your income level does not require you to file a tax return, then you need to submit information to the IRS to receive an Economic Impact Payment.

Complete this free online form so that the IRS can identify you and your dependents, and receive valid direct deposit and address information about you. This information allows the IRS to calculate your eligibility and send you the Economic Impact Payment.

Do NOT continue here if:

• You receive Social Security, Railroad Retirement, or SSDI benefits. The IRS will automatically send you an Economic Impact Payment.
  • Your 2019 gross income exceeded $12,200 ($24,400 for a married couple) or other reasons require you to file a 2019 federal tax return.
  • You were married at the end of 2019 and are not submitting information here with your spouse.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here (link in the blue button on that page will take you to freefillableforms, where this info is displayed)

As I have not yet filed my 2019 taxes and I completed the forms and am now waiting for an email from the IRS to say whether they've accepted my 'filing'.

Nowhere was it mentioned in the media that one would have to do this. On the top of the Status tool page it says, if you've filed 2018 or 2019, you're good. Which isnt that case.

I am in the same boat as you. I havent filed my 2019 tax return yet. And For the 2018 and before too I always owed money to the govt. So thats why I have never provided my direct deposit information to IRS. I was thinking about filling out the non-filers form but stopped. Let me know when you hear back.
Post automatically merged:

Do NOT continue here if:

And I am still getting the same message when I check the get my payment tool. It says”Status not available”

Amos69

It's not Trump bucks

It's my grandchildren's money

Come on man you know how this works Trump didn't give you a damn thing.

aspacepig

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, I went to check on my stimulus check using the IRS status checker.

Today, for the first time, instead of the the usual STATUS NOT AVAILABLE, I was asked to update my bank information for a Direct Deposit.

Give it a try now if you've not had any luck so far.

Captainfantasitc SG8

So, I went to check on my stimulus check using the IRS status checker.

Today, for the first time, instead of the the usual STATUS NOT AVAILABLE, I was asked to update my bank information for a Direct Deposit.

Give it a try now if you've not had any luck so far.
I just checked. It is asking for the same bank information. Finally!

Peter Vann

I just checked. It is asking for the same bank information. Finally!
did the same for me - kept giving me an error msg since I owed a little last year and didn’t file yet for this year. Then it asked me to input direct deposit info and today the message says I’m eligible for the Trump $$ but to check back to see when I’ll be receiving it.

I will be putting most of it into my rainy day fund which is in real need of bolstering.

I hope all of you are hanging in there and atleast healthy.

Amos69

did the same for me - kept giving me an error msg since I owed a little last year and didn’t file yet for this year. Then it asked me to input direct deposit info and today the message says I’m eligible for the Trump $$ but to check back to see when I’ll be receiving it.

I will be putting most of it into my rainy day fund which is in real need of bolstering.

I hope all of you are hanging in there and atleast healthy.
Good to see you brother. Welcome to the world of gubermint subsidies!

Black Car

I did nothing but still received it. It was a surprise to me. I'm self employed and wasn't expecting it. I figured since it's been a while since I received a refund from IRS they probably don't have my bank account anymore. So I decided to file my tax about a month ago. To my greatest surprise I was checking for mails in my mail box and found a check for $1200. What a surprise. I'm self employed/Uber Driver, I wasn't expecting it and so I did nothing and yet I still received it. My advice for everyone who hasn't received is make sure the IRS either have your bank account from at least 2 years of filling in the past or have your home address from last filling. Another option is file your tax return sooner like I did. If you file your tax sooner you would not have to do anything because the IRS will have the information they need to send your money. Good luck

Cut

I got mine in the mail a few weeks ago and not only did Trump have his name put on the check, but I just got a separate letter in the mail from Trump yesterday saying I'm receiving a check and how great it is.

Last edited:

K-pax

I got mine in the mail a few weeks ago and not only did Trump have his name put on the check, but I just got a separate letter in the mail from Trump yesterday saying I'm receiving check and how great it is.
Did he scent it with his pheromones, too?