Still long pickups. Seems ants staying home.

Atom guy

Yes, I got a ton of trip requests like that. I declined most of them. But if it's a long pick up and the estimated trip length is similar to the pick up time, I take them. At least now Uber is clearly showing you that you are getting paid regular rates per mile and per minute for the anything over the threshold for calling it a long pickup. I did a very long pickup yesterday - 15 miles and 15 minutes to pickup, and got paid a total of $7.74 for the long pickup, then got double the surge I was expecting also. So it turned into a $33 trip for about 35 minutes of driving.
Post automatically merged:

Expected a ton of drivers 2 hit the road since the free cheese ended in chicago in the 25th. But I noticed that I still gettin offering View attachment 493721 really long pickups. Still not so many ants coming out
I am one of those people who started back driving on Monday exactly because the free money was over. I also was expecting it to be slow, but I got surge every day and it ended up being like a normal pre-COVID week

Another Uber Driver

State unemployment still pays here. I have stayed busy here this week when I actually wanted to. I spent half of my time on the street napping, so I did not earn very much, anyhow.

Fusion_LUser

Well they are staying off Lyft in my area! I watched last night and in a 35 mile range that covers several cities with demand I never saw more than 2 Lyft drivers. One couple I picked up on Uber with 4.5x surge said there had been no Lyft ants available all evening for them and Lyft will "send an e-mail" when a driver is available!

Young Kim

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Please tell me you declined that!
I did. And after I got this and a bunch of 20 min pickups, i went home

Screenshot_20200801-042022_Uber Driver.jpg

Ants still are staying home in chicago
Post automatically merged:

Well they are staying off Lyft in my area! I watched last night and in a 35 mile range that covers several cities with demand I never saw more than 2 Lyft drivers. One couple I picked up on Uber with 4.5x surge said there had been no Lyft ants available all evening for them and Lyft will "send an e-mail" when a driver is available!
Ive been drivin during virus, thought antz would return on 25th, but it seems none are loggin on