Sticky Surge NOT Paid

Legalizeit0

I turned on my Uber app at 5:45am driving through a $3.25 surge. Hit the max sticky and message said +$3.25 minimum surge next ride. Surge goes off just before 6am, I wait until 6:24am to get my ride. A short trip, I finish and see $3.22 total earned.

I do a few more rides thinking it will post soon. No surge, I call support and after ten minutes of Thai/other language + some English, I’m told, “there was no surge at your pickup area at that time.” Five more minutes explaining how surge works gets me nowhere. “Supervisor please?” The rude agent says I will be told the same thing by supervisors. She is rude as hell, but correct. Supervisor does not give AF.

I've got 15 minutes invested here, I’m getting my $3.25....Supervisor finally credits me but explains, “ This is a one time credit, next time you will not get anything unless you follow the rules set out by Uber.“ jokes on you, I followed the rules. Or maybe the joke is on me since I wasted 15 minutes to get what I should’ve got automatically.

Unreal, they have zero clue about how the system they are supporting actually works.

Had anyone else had a sticky surge not pay?

DriverMark

Had anyone else had a sticky surge not pay?
Not that I recall. I'm assuming you didn't decline a ride after the surge poofed or something. And when the ping to accept popped up it had the +$3.25 listed on it.

I have had my phone lag out and lost a sticky before. Rather rare.

Zoomzoom321

Start taking screenshots of everything anytime there’s a surge or bonus guarantee involved. Uber will ALWAYS try to screw the drivers over with convenient “glitches”.

TemptingFate

You probably fell asleep and missed a ping between 6am and 6:24?
You made $7 / hour before expenses. Might as well stay home.

Legalizeit0

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would excepting a Lyft ride with the Uber app still on affect anything? I didn’t fall asleep or accept any other rides, but many drivers I have spoken with tell me they leave the Uber app on and just cancel Lyft if they get an Uber ride, mainly because Lyft does not give direction or duration of the ride, at least with Uber you know where you’re going and how long it will take.

in fact, in my area, Lyft has quit paying any surge/promotion rates at all. It’s the basic mileage with no chance of earning extra.

TemptingFate

Would excepting a Lyft ride with the Uber app still on affect anything? I didn’t fall asleep or accept any other rides, but many drivers I have spoken with tell me they leave the Uber app on and just cancel Lyft if they get an Uber ride, mainly because Lyft does not give direction or duration of the ride, at least with Uber you know where you’re going and how long it will take.

in fact, in my area, Lyft has quit paying any surge/promotion rates at all. It’s the basic mileage with no chance of earning extra.
Yes, I noticed one time that I missed an Uber ping after accepting a Lyft ping.