• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Sticky surge experiment

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I picked up a $3.75 sticky surge during a passing period on the University of Wisconsin-Madison campus. Well those tend to end kind of abruptly, as this one did, so I drove to the airport. I'm currently in the queue to see if my sticky surge applies there. It would be awesome if I got a unicorn trip to Chicago or something because then I'd get an adjustment due to the surge. And the customer wouldn't have to pay more.

#professoruber

1. You will get the measly $3.75 surge
2. You will not get the adjustment because the rider is not paying surge.

I have experimented and confirmed that surge adjustments only apply if the rider is paying the surge and if the scam surge is in play.

Once ants start listening and stop chasing the surge scam, we will be back to the old school days of watching the rider surge and collecting 60% of the fare.

The top 3 are all surge adjustments with a 60/40 split.

9B615432-26E0-4C37-86E4-428F4A76F989.png

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
.....aaaaaand the algo gave me a short trip to ENSURE I don't get any adjustments, or even ask for one. Haha! At least I get to hold my spot in the queue.

Screenshot_2019-10-03-11-51-47-1.png

pizzaladee

On the bright side I have always had good luck with the "Hold Your Spot". Hopefully that worked out for you.
Same here. I’ve always jumped to the front when I go back after getting that message.

I have had a couple very short rides where I didn’t get the “hold your spot” message. Short enough that a minimum fare supplement was issued. Went back to the lot hoping I would jump ahead and didn’t, so I just left.

USMCX

It seems like common sense, but the higher the dollar surge, the more likely the Pax is paying part of it. Those piss weak $1.50-$3.50 surges won't be adjusted (ie fake surge). I mean never. Never ever. But then I've had a $10 surge that didn't adjust. So Uber can basically make up any excuse for why your fare doesn't adjust. :rolleyes:

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
12 minutes is considered a short trip from your airport. Pretty sweet! Ours is 5 minutes to save your spot.
I think it depended on what direction I went, do maybe the criterion is actually mileage which Uber Pro didn't show me. I've taken pax about 12 minutes Southwest and it hasn't held my spot. In any event, I think I was right on the threshold of it being considered a short trip.

Zeppelin77

It seems like common sense, but the higher the dollar surge, the more likely the Pax is paying part of it. Those piss weak $1.50-$3.50 surges won't be adjusted (ie fake surge). I mean never. Never ever. But then I've had a $10 surge that didn't adjust. So Uber can basically make up any excuse for why your fare doesn't adjust. :rolleyes:
I find this to not be true at all. Quite often I get adjustments on lower dollar amount surges because the driver app is slow to update the actual surge being charged to the customer. Knowing what the rider is paying is the most important factor in knowing if your surge will be adjusted.

pizzaladee

I find this to not be true at all. Quite often I get adjustments on lower dollar amount surges because the driver app is slow to update the actual surge being charged to the customer. Knowing what the rider is paying is the most important factor in knowing if your surge will be adjusted.
I agree. Since the pax app updates quicker than the driver app, what we see isn’t an accurate representation of what is being paid.