Inshur

STELLA BLACK?

dsd

Do any of you long-timers remember the insurance company Stella black( I'm thinking that's right name).

They only done hire and reward insurance. Based at Brunswick Centre near Russell Sq. This was mid 90's. They must of done policy's for half the London pre pco cabbies. Massive queues to get in their office.

Used to do month by month policy's, cash only. Not sure if you can even get one month policy's now.

One month H&R insurance company's could be well dodgy, taking your money and you weren't even covered sometimes cos the guy took a chance on you not claiming for that month.
Company on Harlington high St. got done I recall.

Hogster

Do any of you long-timers remember the insurance company Stella black( I'm thinking that's right name).

They only done hire and reward insurance. Based at Brunswick Centre near Russell Sq. This was mid 90's. They must of done policy's for half the London pre pco cabbies. Massive queues to get in their office.

Used to do month by month policy's, cash only. Not sure if you can even get one month policy's now.

One month H&R insurance company's could be well dodgy, taking your money and you weren't even covered sometimes cos the guy took a chance on you not claiming for that month.
Company on Harlington high St. got done I recall.
I was with Stella Black since starting minicabbing in 1982 and I had what you may call a chequered driving record then with 11 (yes Eleven) endorsements on my green paper driving licence, including 2 with bans.

£100 a month Third Party Only H & R policy, in 1982 so £1200 a year.
My insurance 25 years later in 2007 was £580 a year fully comprehensive.
Shows you that brokers weren't too greedy back then.

That broker on Harlington High Street gave me a real dirty look 3 years ago when I went in and asked about h & r insurance quote, now I know why:biggrin::biggrin:

Haven/motorcade were doing weekly & monthly policies 2 years ago but that looks likely to change now.
I wanted to do just one x 1 month policy after my Annual policy runs out soon, to cover some decent work coming up.
My phv vehicle licence runs out 2 weeks after so I may have a problem.
I don't mind renewing insurance for 1 month and handing back the PCO roundels immediately the insurance runs out because that's me done with PH work then
Will see what happens...:smiles: