1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Stay out of Newark and Paterson!

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Coffeekeepsmedriving, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Coffeekeepsmedriving

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Driving:
    UberX
    Too many shootings and robberies everyday in those two cities.
    This is no place to play, you will get robbed, stabbed or shot in these area's.
    just a warning to be safe and always be aware of your surroundings. these punks are desperate for drugs!
    don't stop your car in those area's and play with your phone.
    Keeps your doors locked and leave space in front of you, do not stop close to the car in front of you.
    I know a lot of people be robbed.
    Also when you drop the junkie off to get their drugs, don't wait there or you set yourself up to get robbed or car jacked..
    stay safe and aware..

pharmboy, Lepke and thedominican1 like this.
  2. mona mcN

mona mcN

So as per you, " Everyone in Newark and Paterson that use uber are junkies and bad" do me favor then dont operate there !! Go some where else ! That was the statement I have seen on here !!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2016
    Ash Williams likes this.
  3. Coffeekeepsmedriving

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Driving:
    UberX
    So you live in newark and tell me thats not true..you must be pax

4. XUBERX

XUBERX

Driving:
    UberX
    Mornings are pretty safe almost everywhere, most pax are going to work, train staion, etc, late nite and early morning before 4am, might be a little risky in bad neighbourhoods,
    But your best bet is to use some common sense, if something doesn't feel right then get out asap.

5. mona mcN

mona mcN

I dont live in Newark or Paterson or any other area with high crime rate but I do respect the the people in all area. I will tell you this I had a pickup in Verona and two guys wanted to go to Boonton Township, on the ride to Boonton one of the guys try to steal my phone, that was a first. The guy in the back unplug my charging phone and slipped it in his pocket. I said not a thing until I arrive at his destination, and politely aske him to give me my phone back which was in his pocket.. Now that was a shocker !

6. TaylorHamNCheez

TaylorHamNCheez

Driving:
    Lyft
    It's safe in the daytime and the surges are obscene.

7. Some places in Newark and Paterson are wars zones. If you don't think that Avon Ave and the intersecting numbered streets are a major problem you must be the most uninformed person here. Did you know that Newark requires NJ State Police assistance? Talk to the poor bStards that live there. Most uber to get directly to their door. They can't walk from the bus stop. Just talk to the people. The post is true and accurate. Open up your eyeballs and don't hide behind political correctness.

EREAL and Coffeekeepsmedriving like this.
  8. EREAL

EREAL

Spot on ROYALSAVAGE. If you drive you gotta be street smart

pharmboy likes this.
  9. Coffeekeepsmedriving

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Driving:
    UberX
    hey ROYALSAVAGE...thanks for sticking with me.

EREAL likes this.
  10. Old Dude

Old Dude

Driving:
    UberXL
    The key word - Some. Like in many other large cities there are SOME bad neighborhoods in Newark that you may want to stay away from, especially during the evening hours. But Newark is nothing to be afraid of during the business hours, and it has a high demand that normally turns into a surge. Newark has changed a lot. I remember time in mid 1970th when police were blocking Springfield Ave on Irvington side, telling people not to enter Newark for their own safety. It was really a war zone there, just like in Harlem with abandon houses all over. Today, most Newark areas are safe.

jahmerican and EREAL like this.
  11. I worked Newark, Irvington, EO, etc, at night and didn't have an issue except for an occasional rude pax. I'm 6'4", 300 lbs and comfortable in those areas, which probably helped.

I live in North Jersey and if you accept all pings, you will get sucked into that area. It's like a vortex lol

Uber00 likes this.
  12. Coffeekeepsmedriving is spot on with the above advice. You have to understand those areas and be comfortable in them. Have common sense and street smarts, and if something seems off, get the hell out.

For instance, I had a ping to a dead end Street in East Orange at 3 am. I only pulled to the edge of the street where I had an escape route. I watched the front, sides and back of the car (again, don't be obvious about this. This is why you have mirrors) Texted the pax who confirmed she was coming out and it turned out to be a great paying ride to Morristown.

Leave space in front of your car. Don't pull up to a bumper on a red light. Try and have an escape route open to your right or left, and if possible, behind you. You can get carjacked in the burbs too, so this doesn't just go for the cities.

13. gmc

gmc

Driving:
    UberX
    I've lived in Newark for several years worked there also as a matter of fact at a certain time the company I worked for I was the only one of a different color that did not make any difference we all got along and respect one another but yes occasional there was a stair look or comments about me from someone else but other people stood up and defended me
    No longer live there or work there but every now and then I still do business there just keep your eyes open like anywhere else in the state
    If you going to drive you must pay attention to everyone around you especially to the ones in your car

14. You do realize that if you don't drive in that area you won't get pinged there right?

15. If you accept all pings like I used to and live within twenty miles of there, you'll end up there. At least I inevitably did. I'd get a ping in Union, for instance, and they were going to Newark. Finish your Newark ride and you can shut off the app and rack up miles or just accept the next ride. You just sort of get sucked in some nights and work all Newark / EO / Irvington

16. Coffeekeepsmedriving

Coffeekeepsmedriving

Driving:
    UberX
    Two men were killed in a deadly Thursday evening shooting in Newark, authorities confirm.

The shooting occurred near the intersection of New Street and Hudson Street at approximately 8:30 p.m., said Essex County Prosecutor's Office spokeswoman Katherine Carter.

Additional details of the shooting were not immediately available, she said.

The killings continue a bloody week in Newark. Karod H. Tucker, 36, of Irvington died at University Hospital late Wednesday evening after being hit multiple times in a shooting in the 900 block of Franklin Avenue near Stephen Crane Villag